Esseles/Hard Mode

Esseles/hard mode.

I have no idea why this FP is so hard but.. to me it just feels like nobody actually stepped into to this to test it.. Bioware obviously just scrambled this in at the last second so people got something to do endgame.

The first boss hits ridiculously hard with ALL his melee abilities which means that outside of Trooper, you're pretty much screwed when it comes to tanking the thing.

The enrage timer is WAAY to low with the adds spawning so fast. You CAN'T afford to actually DPS the boss full time cuz of that.

The adds spawn to fast as mentioned above.

The adds hit way to hard... basic melee hits do about 2-3 K damage.

If you're lucky or good enough to get past him..

The second boss.

The abilities that are OBVIOUSLY there to be interrupted, Headshot and Missile Salvo, CAN NOT be interrupted by anyone outside of melee range classes. Our tank was the only one who could interrupt it, 50% of the time or so. Missile Salvo was 100% not interrupt-able. Why this is the case is beyond me.

The boss itself has WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to short engrage timer. To me it seemed to enrage after 3-5 minutes and there is almost no way to kill him that fast with the amount of damage he does.. Only way to get him down fairly low would be to use a healer and then a hybrid DPS/Heals as secondary heals.

Also, as far as the gear goes. Our whole group was pretty much stacking full Champion sets from PVP.

Our group got him with mostly green and blue 48-50 mods. Between our 4 people we maybe had 4-5 purple pieces of gear one of our dps didn't even know the barrel was the mod that decided his damage. . .

You need an interrupt cycle for his snipe, should not get that off once, when he starts to use his missile attack have everyone separate and run clockwise around the room to avoid damage, after the missiles he will charge someone and the tank should storm at him, rinse and repeat.

The first boss hits ridiculously hard with ALL his melee abilities which means that outside of Trooper, you're pretty much screwed when it comes to tanking the thing.

I tanked it in beta with a knight in similar gear to what you're saying (champion level pvp stuff) and my health never went below like 60%. The tanks all have very similar mitigation levels if they're in similar gear. He is a fairly big gear check as we tried it tonight with someone tanking in like level 40-45 quest gear and they got trucked, but it didn't seem different than what I saw in beta.

Tanked the first boss as a Jedi Knight. First few times were hard before I realized only thing I needed to do is to los him close to a corner so I can taunt him more easily and facing towards me. Stayed away from him and only tanked the adds while taunting the boss every several 30 seconds. The second boss though was severely harder as I struggled to interrupt him. I dunno whether its my laptop or the game but it takes forever for an ability to cast which makes it impossible for me to constantly spam force kick.

edit: Also Narlock and his men are very underleveled for Hard Mode!!! Ofc they can't fight off an imperial assault when they're lvl 8-9.:D

Also found a level 8 stim in hard mode, so clearly they did not pay attention to some of the details.

Edited by bobbykens

• 2 weeks later...

Cleared it today. Shadow Tank, Sawbone Healer, Commando and Guardian DDs.

Key is teamwork, first boss hit the adds with all you got and just dps him down.

After him there is only Ironfist to worry about, take two people that can interrupt and he is really really easy. If you miss the interrupt you will get owned though.

After that all bosses except final are free loot. The last one is a movement encounter, stay out of lightning, keep dps up and heal his force choke/saber throw. Done

The FPs are called "HARD MODE

If any random PUG could do it, what would there be left to do ?

I've tried twice as a guardian tank with several pvp epics and decent mods in other gear and the first boss hurts like hell!

Got him past 50% several times, but it's not easy. He has a habit of knocking me down as soon as adds come in and I can't pick up adds.

Also, for you other tanks, remember, the dude has a nasty cone attack so make sure everyone's behind or beside the boss.

My healer complained about how he was unable to heal whenever the boss knocked me down.

Narlock really needs a level buff.

• 4 weeks later...

This content is untuned and untested. The game is zero fun at 50. Good job, blizzard 2.0. I'd rather play wow. Then again, I'd rather drink bleach or shoot myself in the face than play wow. So I guess swtor is at the bottom of things i'd like to do.

What a total failure. I have removed my credit card. You're going to treat me like blizzard did, I'm going to not do business with you.