New Expansion this fall—what about our missing companions????

MaryEO

Oh, and Scourge. Definitely Scourge. With all the hullabaloo (oh that is SUCH a fun word) about the Emperor, you'd think he'd be front and center, going "...okay I've never heard of him doing this, so I'm just as confused as you are, but I spent three hundred years with the guy, so...I would hope I know a *little* about how he operates and what his motives are," etc.

Yes, Scourge. Maybe my DK Knight could seduce him or something now? I mean, he's got to be better than "sometimes can't take a hint, I swear" Doc. And I want my SW to meet him and see how that goes, considering...

She kind of replaced him. Sort of. In name at least.

Or maybe Scourge has been captured by Zakuul and held in a prison like Outlander was, so Outlander has to go a rescue him to help get a better idea of Valky/Vity's motives.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why people get so hung up on this fact seeing as they can find a new actor who sounds similar. After all, Bugs Bunny and the rest of the Loony Toons have new things to say and Mel Blanc has been dead for decades.

Closer to home: Tanno Vic's VA died and Tanno had new lines after the fact. Granted not many, but to be fair, hardly any of our vanilla companions have had much to say post Act 3.

This. And it wouldn't be the first time Bioware has recast someone aka Mordin Solus.

It's not like Cook was a celebrity voice actor. No offense to her but she doesn't quite have the status of Martin Sheen or Freddie Prince Jr or Yvonne Strahovski. She's one voice actor in a game of dozens of them in what is I think the game with the most lines of dialog recorded. Even Arkham series replaced Arleen Sorkin who the damn character was made for/based on and had been voicing her for over a decade.

Jaesas issue comes from the fact that she's basically two different characters and how to solve which one gets used since it's all on the players choice. She'll probably end up being a side mission (not quite as bland as an Alliance alert it not a Chapter focused character) as a class (warrior) exclusive companion. Same with Khem Val, maybe Risha, Temple, Tharan...

Edited by MACharlieV

BRING BACK MAKO!

I don't mind the volume of companions, but what I really hate is the FORCED companions. Please make the story more companion-neutral (save, of course, for recruitment missions of course) so I can bloody well use the Nexu companion that I spent millions on acquiring and raising influence with.

regarding jasua their will most likely be a choice if shes good or bad that u have to make - highly likely towards the end of the season 2. To avoid them having to double up on animations and context and such, and obviously a sith warrior choice of ds vs ls will already be considered on their run.

regarding jasua their will most likely be a choice if shes good or bad that u have to make - highly likely towards the end of the season 2. To avoid them having to double up on animations and context and such, and obviously a sith warrior choice of ds vs ls will already be considered on their run.

Unlikely. The previous class stories are considered to be done for everyone therefore the choice would have already been made.

Unlikely. The previous class stories are considered to be done for everyone therefore the choice would have already been made.

Or how about as you enter the chapter where you are to meet her, someone mentions her name, and you give some sort of response, a la KotOR 2 when talking about Revan?

Or how about as you enter the chapter where you are to meet her, someone mentions her name, and you give some sort of response, a la KotOR 2 when talking about Revan?

That would seem reasonable to me (though if DS and LS Jaesa were brought to a middle ground of bat-poodoo crazy and trying-way-too-hard-to-be-'Jedi-like' became an option, that would be AWESOME.) and then Sith Warrior would get whatever Jaesa s/he already had (or that middle-ground as an option as "the other choice"), because that would be a major break in story telling to bring back an LS Jaesa after spending Acts Two, Three, Four, and Five with her as DS, though LS Jaesa turning DS during the five years could work.... Then our choices would "matter."

I already grabbed Kira from the Impatience Terminal, but I want her back for real so very much... and for my female Knight to finally have an official romance with her. She's my waifu no matter what anyone says.

On my Agent, I've been actually patient... and kinda started romancing Lana, so that's going to get a bit sticky when Vector finally returns (though if anyone is going to be ok with sharing, it will be our Dawn Herald, right ;) )

I don't see the point in killing Quinn in KotFE (or KotET now) for something he did in vanilla. I've said it before and I'll say it again. As soon as they made all companions able to take all three roles, they should have reinstated the option from beta to kill Quinn at the appropriate moment. Offing him in KotET without a compelling and up to date reason would just be petty.

By the same token, Skadge should never have made it off Belsavis. Bounty Hunters should have been able to reject him from the start.

I expect Jaesa to default to Dark Side, as her canon, but it would be really nice if the player, when recruiting her, was given a mission chain that allowed for the change to bring her back to the Light Side....

Still don't think they will do it, but I can dream of the possibilities :)

I expect Jaesa to default to Dark Side, as her canon, but it would be really nice if the player, when recruiting her, was given a mission chain that allowed for the change to bring her back to the Light Side....

Still don't think they will do it, but I can dream of the possibilities :)

My LS Sith Warrior has very strong feelings against having her apprentice falling to the Dark Side. She actually likes LS Jaesa more than DS Jaesa, so I do hope at least my LS Warrior can get LS Jaesa back instead of finding her apprentice being overboard on the DS stuff.

Rachael Leigh Cook has been reluctant/too busy to do VO work in the past for SWTOR, I'm not sure if that has changed.

Maybe that was when she had a role on a TV show, but that show (Perception on TNT) got cancelled. I'm also sure there was a contract that wouldn't let her just say "oh, I'm too busy for your little game now." Maybe she's learned to act better in the mean time, too? RLC was the weakest link on an otherwise great show.

TBH, they could recast her as long as the character comes back. I kinda hope they do recast her. Hers is clearly the weakest performance of all the companions. Even Skadge, the worst conceived character in the game, was better acted.

OH, AND DEVS ... not all of us want to kill Quinn.

We want the option to have OUR QUINN back, and please, stow the stupid

OMG MOLE ON HIS FACE MUST BETRAY YOU

crap. It was funny once. Once. If you can't get over something that happened seven years ago, that's on you.

Hers is clearly the weakest performance of all the companions. Even Skadge, the worst conceived character in the game, was better acted.

Blasphemy. Jaesa is one of the best voices in the game. If you're talking about lines, you can't blame her for the writing.

I already grabbed Kira from the Impatience Terminal

HAHA! I hadn't seen it called that! Brilliant!

I don't see the point in killing Quinn in KotFE (or KotET now) for something he did in vanilla. I've said it before and I'll say it again. As soon as they made all companions able to take all three roles, they should have reinstated the option from beta to kill Quinn at the appropriate moment. Offing him in KotET without a compelling and up to date reason would just be petty.

And yet, I expect the devs must think everyone wants to kill him, so either they'll make him come back and do something so horrible and yet out of character and completely unrelated to the Baras circumstances, that you either have to kill him or feel like crap for keeping him

(kinda like Broonmark, which makes me sad)

. But since a lot of us have to fanfix this story all the time anyway, we've done it for Quinn (seriously, lamest attempted murder ever) and want to keep him despite all the haters. :rolleyes:

PS: YMMV. I don't care if you want to kill him or not. Have at it. You do you.

Edited by AnisaBadgett

New expansion, does that mean more companions that we cant change their appearance or armor? Yay, more clones in the game...NOT!

Didn't you get the memo?

That's the reason why have 500 companions now... you no longer equip customisations to change the look, just summon a new companion instead! :D

Nah... I don't care what Quinn has been doing during KotFE, that fool dead on sight. :mad:

*Quinn- my lord I've finally found you! I've been searching the galaxy non-stop. I just recently stopped for gas.....

Me - How DARE YOU RUN OUT OF GAS! (slices head off)

I'd have killed him for that betrayal in the vanilla game given a chance... even if it'd ment going without a healer (before 4.0). I bought and unlocked a cybernetic armor set just for him after that betrayal because in my mind, I chopped pieces of him off. :mad:

I do want my Kira, DS Jaessa, and Risha back.

I'd have killed him for that betrayal in the vanilla game given a chance... even if it'd ment going without a healer (before 4.0). I bought and unlocked a cybernetic armor set just for him after that betrayal because in my mind, I chopped pieces of him off. :mad:

Heh. I think I've used Malak's two armor sets for Quinn. And for this new event, I gave him Skotia's armor.

So, yeah, there had to be consequences for his actions.

Heh. I think I've used Malak's two armor sets for Quinn. And for this new event, I gave him Skotia's armor.

So, yeah, there had to be consequences for his actions.

I keep hoping for a slave collar, even as my LS Fem!Warrior chose to spare him and keep him with the line about some punishment... I like to think he's wearing Vette's old collar until she upgraded him to a more discrete collar.

But I do hope we have a choice that doesn't quite make people feel like jerks for not killing him, and that there is a little choice for Jaesa (again, I say my LS Warrior will be annoyed if her apprentice went full DS-derp-crazy). And Skadge. My BH would like to hit him with her pistol like the Trooper hits people from time to time, and then tell him to get back with the crew (not that I like him, but he was part of the crew for a number of years, at least two).

I'd almost rather all the comps were originally Alliance Alerts (those aren't all one conversation and joined, Lokin, for example) and the chapters were more focused on Arcann and Vaylin. But that's not how it went (40-odd Alliance Alerts spread across seven chapters would be almost six per chapter or so, wouldn't have been too much, something to do while in the month-long wait between releases, still rejectable, still our choices). Then the ones like Koth, Lana, HK-55, Senya and whoever else, would join for the chapters.

I keep hoping for a slave collar, even as my LS Fem!Warrior chose to spare him and keep him with the line about some punishment... I like to think he's wearing Vette's old collar until she upgraded him to a more discrete collar.

But I do hope we have a choice that doesn't quite make people feel like jerks for not killing him, and that there is a little choice for Jaesa (again, I say my LS Warrior will be annoyed if her apprentice went full DS-derp-crazy). And Skadge. My BH would like to hit him with her pistol like the Trooper hits people from time to time, and then tell him to get back with the crew (not that I like him, but he was part of the crew for a number of years, at least two).

I'd almost rather all the comps were originally Alliance Alerts (those aren't all one conversation and joined, Lokin, for example) and the chapters were more focused on Arcann and Vaylin. But that's not how it went (40-odd Alliance Alerts spread across seven chapters would be almost six per chapter or so, wouldn't have been too much, something to do while in the month-long wait between releases, still rejectable, still our choices). Then the ones like Koth, Lana, HK-55, Senya and whoever else, would join for the chapters.

I'm kind of hoping for a huge cleansing next chapter for Battle of Odessen. Like there was a purpose for having so many companions: pure cannon fodder.

Social IV vendor, found in the tiny cantina in the Imperial Base on Belsavis will give you your wish.

Really hoping no one calling the shots reads this though, they keep removing cool out of the way vendors. :\

Edited by ThrakhathSpawn