Login service Unavailable

Death-Hammer

I just got off the phone with support and it appears to be a problem with more than just SWTOR and they are currently working to resolve the issue.

I wish they could just say something here so everyone knows what is going on.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got off the phone with support and it appears to be a problem with more than just SWTOR and they are currently working to resolve the issue.

Perhaps the hamsters got overwhelmed with depression and became enraged and killed each other off over the announcement of the "BIG NEWS."

Hmm, given the issue seems to be with more than just SWTOR, it's possible somebody put some sort of "block" hack up strictly for the purpose of getting people to disable their security keys so they can hack accounts. Maybe I'm just overly paranoid, but I think I'll just wait it out rather than disable my key, thanks.

Hmm, given the issue seems to be with more than just SWTOR, it's possible somebody put some sort of "block" hack up strictly for the purpose of getting people to disable their security keys so they can hack accounts. Maybe I'm just overly paranoid, but I think I'll just wait it out rather than disable my key, thanks.

I think I will follow the lead of this maybe slightly paranoid but very wise person and do the same.

Thanks for that cheery thought.

If that was the case they should start communicating before it causes that kind of damage.

I doubt that is the issue though. Login process is probably centralized across several Star Wars services and it got overloaded with the SW celebration.

Edited by demotivator

If that was the case they should start communicating before it causes that kind of damage.

I doubt that is the issue though. Login process is probably centralized across several Star Wars services and it got overloaded with the SW celebration.

You're probably correct on that. I just prefer the safe to sorry approach. :p

Thanks for that cheery thought.

You're most welcome. ;)

Seriously, though, someone recently used a hack on IMVU to try and access my Steam account by making me think I wasn't logged in when I was. Luckily I realized it after "logging in" again and immediately went to change all my passwords for all my accounts, and lo and behold, I got an e-mail notice informing me someone had tried to log into my Steam account from Vietnam that day.

So yeah, maybe I'm a bit paranoid, but it tends to pay off.

Removed software Security Key and Readded software security key. It now lets me log in, but the odd thing is the behaviour of the security key software is different now. Less numbers to type, and acts more like Blizzards security key, where it refreshes after it goes through its cycle.

I did a trace route too. My #9 line is request timed out. That means the connection stops dead in its tracks and we can't make a connection to the login server. I wouldn't remove your security token because that opens the door to have your account hacked. Leave it alone and come back later to see if a Mod has posted on the forum if the problem is fixed or just try to log in again in like an hr. Play Pokémon Go and get some exercise.

I just spoke to phone support and yes they know about it and even the support person I spoke to couldn't log in to the game on her break. However, she said if she kept trying, eventually she could. They are working behind the scenes as you can imagine. It is not a security key issue.

No eta because like anything when you're trying to fix it, you don't know how long it will take.

Removed software Security Key and Readded software security key. It now lets me log in, but the odd thing is the behaviour of the security key software is different now. Less numbers to type, and acts more like Blizzards security key, where it refreshes after it goes through its cycle.

Ages back (June 2015 ish) they changed the security key to use the RFC 6238 industry standard. However existing users (and physical keys) continue to be supported. So just sounds like you were still using the old version and so got switched when you removed and re added that's all.

Interestingly from a bit of testing I have found it's only accounts using the old standard (so that's physical keys and software keys attached prior to June 2015) that are not working. Accounts with a software key attached using the new standard (and presumably accounts with no security key) log in fine.

Edited by ZavienUK

I can't get in either. What amuses me, is that I'm a sub. My hubby...who is preferred...was able to log in and I can't. Priceless.

Edit: I'm also a physical key owner/user...I don't want to take it off either. This is flaming ridiculous. I might sound impatient, but that's just because I finished watching 'the big announcement' which consists of some new text under old art, for a splashpage. Honestly what a let down. :mad:

Edited by Lunafox

It is not a security key issue.

Please don't post an assumption as if fact. I've just tested it again right now. Account with a physical security key cannot log in. Account with new style software key can log in fine. So it would appear it *IS* a security key issue. Possibly they have different servers handing the old vs new authenticator standards.

Hm, the account that uses Google Authenticator app for security key can log in, the one that uses swtor security key app cannot log in...

It's not so much app your using, it's the type of key you have connected. The newer version is industry standard so you can use Google authenticator , but the official app also uses the new standard now.

It's not so much app your using, it's the type of key you have connected. The newer version is industry standard so you can use Google authenticator , but the official app also uses the new standard now.

Well, whatever it is, I switched from SK to Google and now I can log in.

I just love the part of the error that says Details can be found on our Twitter account. Yet, there has been nothing acknowledged by Bioware on twitter or any where else.

Looks like EA is down and various problems have arisen, including this one because of it. Says so on EA twitter.

Hey folks,

There is obviously a lot of confusion here. To try and simplify, the non technical explanation from what I can gather:

Physical security keys - not working

Mobile keys attached prior to mid 2015 - not working

Mobile keys attached since mid 2015 - ARE working.

Or even simpler:

If your security key is 8 digits - you may have problems logging in

If your security key is 6 digits - you should be fine

Basically is would appear the servers handling the old authentication standard are having issues, while the others are fine.

Edited by ZavienUK

Well, whatever it is, I switched from SK to Google and now I can log in.

Because without realising it you switched from the old standard to the new standard. You could have removed and reattached still using the official app and you'd have been switched as well.

Just an FYI, the SWTOR servers are down including the login servers. It isn't just affecting SWTOR. No ETA on when it'll get resolved. I got this straight from Customer Service. Sounds like EA's servers got a DDOS attack.

~Hawke~

Then that would be an incorrect FYI! The servers are up just fine. Regarding SWTOR it's just (one type) of the authentication servers currently having issues, obviously can't speak for other services. You have to remember the people answering the phones aren't necessarily hugely technical nor are given detailed information.

Edit: Just switched my account to the new standard and I can now log in fine.

Edited by ZavienUK