Dark Side is winning

gsummers

Light Side represents. Big time here. My initial plan was to go Dark Side for my main DvsL pub and Light Side for my imp since I need to work on the LS "boss" of the Black Talon for the HM achievements.

In the end I reached Dark V on my pub almost entirely though Diplomacy missions (which points don't count for the event) and I'm now reverting on the way to Light V on the same character (already made it back to Light II down from Dark V) through a mix a convos and Diplomacy.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest I hope light side wins because a Chiss Jedi would be WAY better than the Zabrak imperial...

And to be fair, I'm one of those people who always ends up grey on most of my characters, although on pub side just because so many of the even grey choices have light side points I end up with light 5.

~ Eudoxia

I hope the dark side wins simply because which side wins changes the "State of the galaxy." Light usually wins in the novels/books/etc. It'd be nice for dark to win.

I hope the dark side wins simply because which side wins changes the "State of the galaxy." Light usually wins in the novels/books/etc. It'd be nice for dark to win.

I've been thinking about that... I just hope they don't make MASSIVE story changes to their next expansion(s) just because dark side won by just a tiny bit (or light side)... I hope it's just the companion really, and in that case, let it be the Chiss Jedi, I think it's much more interesting then, ooh, another Zabrak Sith Lord.

Actually its not a guarantee they will do anything given this information from the Q&A:

"Dark vs Light event may affect more than just the companions you get but we are still working on that and no promises."

So don't get your hopes up. :(

and if they did anything do you really think it would be much given the event didn't bring anything to the table as it is except some poorly designed reward scheme and no new content.

<Tinfoil Hat>

This is a giant hoax. The outcome will be/has been decided by BW and all the info about who wins is just random stuff they put to make us forget that there is no new content and keep us grinding the old stuff. They are going to create just 1 companion and tell us that we get him because its side "wins". The same thing with the rewards. All of them are old stuff( no matter how rare) - apart from the new companion they didn't even have the resources to create new rewards for the new "event". I'm pretty sure that the light side companion is just some marketing trick and we'll just get slightly modified Akavi.

</Tinfoil Hat>

Actually if the companion doesn't have some sort of story is wouldn't really matter which one we'll get.

<Tinfoil Hat>

This is a giant hoax. The outcome will be/has been decided by BW and all the info about who wins is just random stuff they put to make us forget that there is no new content and keep us grinding the old stuff. They are going to create just 1 companion and tell us that we get him because its side "wins". The same thing with the rewards. All of them are old stuff( no matter how rare) - apart from the new companion they didn't even have the resources to create new rewards for the new "event". I'm pretty sure that the light side companion is just some marketing trick and we'll just get slightly modified Akavi.

</Tinfoil Hat>

Actually if the companion doesn't have some sort of story is wouldn't really matter which one we'll get.

Popular opinion is that the reason we don't get to see which side is winning in real-time is because the devs are controlling the info we get to see in order to make it seem closer than it really is, thus encouraging people to keep fighting for their side. No tinfoil hat required, that's just smart (but shady) business.

Looks fake to me. I guess they don't want players to see huge imbalances in factions. They might just leave the score at that 49-51%, or they might fluctuate it a bit. But in the end they're gonna tell us it was "extremely close" and announce the winner.

Personally, I don't care about the score as we go along. However, hand me the dark side companion and it's staying in my mailbox. There's nothing interesting or different about it. I think they should have given the companion to each character based on l/d level. However, that appears to have been overly difficult, so some of the community is going to get stuck with a companion they don't want.

Only belive in numbers you rigged yourself!

And that's my whole thought about this.

One of two things will happen:

Bioware really let the community decide and the companion will be that uncanon chiss chick - the last stream was enough to manipulate the casual mind to "want" her.

Bioware riggs the numbers so they can sell that chiss chick for sweet sweet money to all the ***** who will spend 10-20 bucks on virtal blue *****.

Either way that meter is "rigged".

btw: Currently I'am on the 8/8 char and 6 of them where pure dark, 1 a little bit light and the last is currently 50/50 at LvL43.

You can get Dark V with Diplomacy and still make all Light choices in conversations. Why risk losing the Chiss by not doing that?

T's what i'm doing. Lvl 32 and diplomacy is already at well over 400.

Though i realized later that the Dark V is only needed for the Legendary achievement, i had remade a low level character i had made before the event that i was planning to take to Dark V already, so.... nothing changes, for me. Light Side choices and much-much-much diplomacy to get dark. Have Dark III at the moment.

Only belive in numbers you rigged yourself!

And that's my whole thought about this.

One of two things will happen:

Bioware really let the community decide and the companion will be that uncanon chiss chick - the last stream was enough to manipulate the casual mind to "want" her.

Bioware riggs the numbers so they can sell that chiss chick for sweet sweet money to all the ***** who will spend 10-20 bucks on virtal blue *****.

Either way that meter is "rigged".

btw: Currently I'am on the 8/8 char and 6 of them where pure dark, 1 a little bit light and the last is currently 50/50 at LvL43.

It really does not matter. People will dispute the results.. NO MATTER WHAT.

In my view.. while I am playing Light deliberately... I don't care which one wins. Why? Because they have already indicated we will get access to both companions... one from the event results, and one from the CM after the fact, for players who want said companion.

In my view.. while I am playing Light deliberately... I don't care which one wins. Why? Because they have already indicated we will get access to both companions... one from the event results, and one from the CM after the fact, for players who want said companion.

[citation needed]

Plenty of people are wishfully thinking this, but I don't think it's been stated.

Because they have already indicated we will get access to both companions... one from the event results, and one from the CM after the fact, for players who want said companion.

I just looked through the dev tracker, through the SWTOR subreddit and Dulfy and see no mention of this at all.

Where did you get this from?

I'd like to know where I can find more info about this. Not because I don't believe you, but because I'm interested. At least then I can track which one I may be able to get (from the CM).

I'd like to know where I can find more info about this. Not because I don't believe you, but because I'm interested. At least then I can track which one I may be able to get (from the CM).

Well.. nothing is ever certain with this studio... hence my use of the term "indicated", but during the live stream they made the following point:

Currently you can only get one of the companions, depending on which side wins.

Not definitive, but why on earth would they use the word "currently"? Think about it. It's a tease. [similar tactic to how they teased about alternate sources for weapon tunnings when they released them in Cartel Packs.]

In addition, they were playing coy about how the light/dark results could have other effects in game and that they were simply not willing to elaborate at this point.

They have something up their sleeve here.. and my bet is they drop the losing companion into the CM some how some way. I suppose they could make the event annual and bring it around next year.. but they don't (IMO) think that far ahead. So CM sounds much more likely.

Edited by Andryah

Well.. nothing is ever certain with this studio... hence my use of the term "indicated", but during the live stream they made the following point:

Not definitive, but why on earth would they use the word "currently"? Think about it. It's a tease. [similar tactic to how they teased about alternate sources for weapon tunnings when they released them in Cartel Packs.]

In addition, they were playing coy about how the light/dark results could have other effects in game and that they were simply not willing to elaborate at this point.

They have something up their sleeve here.. and my bet is they drop the losing companion into the CM some how some way. I suppose they could make the event annual and bring it around next year.. but they don't (IMO) think that far ahead. So CM sounds much more likely.

I agree with the conclusions you've drawn.

They used the word "currently" because people obsessively parse everything they say. It's a necessary weasel-word, that leaves their options open. They said "currently we have no plans" because they don't currently have plans.

That's not any kind of confirmation of anything other than the secret of the universe ("Things Change.")