What RP server is currently the most active?

RiledRodian

And when I say active, I don't mean player count, I mean actually In Character RPers. I joined Ebon Hawk and was sadly disappointed to find it void of actual RPers at all. I don't expect much in the general chat, but not even on the ground.

I'm too invested in that character to walk away, but I'm looking to start up both a Republic and a Sith character on a new RP server, which is the best for RPers?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most RPers are levelling so it's hard to tell.

My advice: stick to your current server and enjoy the game for a while. Then once we get server forums, do some more digging around.

I do know though there are RP guilds on Jung Ma, and my guild on Ajunta Pall recently had its first RP event.

Edited by StealthNerf

I play on Rubat Crystal and I've found lots of random RP just running around doing missions. The Cantinas on the Fleet and in Drummond Kaas are always full of Rpers doing whatever they wanna do :)

This is Empire Side, anyways...I don't play Republic much!

It is really hard to gauge RP activity levels at the moment. Many RPers prefer to level and then concentrate on RP. With that said, I know it can feel like you are stuck with a difficult decision "Move now, and start leveling up on a server I may enjoy better" or "Wait it out, and maybe enjoy this one as the community becomes more active"

I moved from my first RP server over to Vrook Lamar and have really enjoyed it. You aren't going to walk around seeing people RP everywhere, but I see a lot more of it here - so far a lot of walk up RP on the Republic fleet, and the RP channel is really active (though in spurts). I hope you find a good home for your characters somewhere :)

If you decide to check out Vrook Lamar, I have created server forums for us. They are still growing, but it may give you insight into our community. Feel free to check it out at http://www.vrooklamar.net.

Best of luck!

I play on Rubat Crystal and I've found lots of random RP just running around doing missions. The Cantinas on the Fleet and in Drummond Kaas are always full of Rpers doing whatever they wanna do :)

This is Empire Side, anyways...I don't play Republic much!

This.

East Coast or West Coast?

I can only speak for the West Coast and Vrook Lamar has a great community...

That being said, as above, lots of leveling going on, but all my interactions on a casual basis have been excellent from an RP status...

What everyone minus 1 is not saying is that Lord Adraas has been decided on the RP 'super server' which means there is a lot more RP coordination and general RPers there.

That is false information. Lord Adraas was chosen by a handful of guilds represented on swtor-rp.com. They are falsely advertising their server choice as a decision made by the community at large. Swtor-rp.com does not represent the literal hundreds of guilds that represent the many thousands of role-players deployed evenly across all servers.

I was one of the guild leaders involved in their super-server project. It was 23 guilds in total, 17 of which were already deployed to Lord Adraas. Swtor-rp.com also failed to tell their community not everyone on the super-server project elected to goto Lord Adraas, and that several guilds on the list deployed to Lord Adraas left for other server communities.

Get your facts straight and quit trying to pigeon-hole your community.

I think you underestimate the power of word of mouth. People don't care about the details, they care about where the RP is.

And on that note, you are still falsely advertising. Unless there is an event on Lord Adraas or you want to confine yourself to a cantina, in my experience, you have to struggle to find RP in the rest of the open world.

Sure you can argue, it's still a week or two old and RP will ramp up when everyone levels. However, on SoTE, I see people RPing in groups, flashpoints, operations, ...everywhere. Couple that with RP events and a OFFICIAL DEPLOYED RP population that dwarves Lord Adraas, the community has the right to know their options.

In addition, the only RPers who do not care about details, are the "NON" role-players. Educated role-players most certainly do their homework before making the long term decision of a server choice. That said, I did my homework and imo, SoTE wins by a landslide. But the community does not have to take my word for it, they simply have to roll on a server experience what each server has to offer.

You may enjoy where you are now, but your claims are brazen, not objective, and most certainly not based on facts.

That is false information. Lord Adraas was chosen by a handful of guilds represented on swtor-rp.com. They are falsely advertising their server choice as a decision made by the community at large. Swtor-rp.com does not represent the literal hundreds of guilds that represent the many thousands of role-players deployed evenly across all servers.

I was one of the guild leaders involved in their super-server project. It was 23 guilds in total, 17 of which were already deployed to Lord Adraas. Swtor-rp.com also failed to tell their community not everyone on the super-server project elected to goto Lord Adraas, and that several guilds on the list deployed to Lord Adraas left for other server communities.

Get your facts straight and quit trying to pigeon-hole your community.

This. SWTOR-RP.com is not a reflection of the community at large, they are in fact only a minority of it.

Those I am levelling with are doing so IC, keeping OOC to party chat. We are openly RP pro, doing so in /say and /yell if need be. (My PBS gets a little riled at times).

We include our companions into such things, giving them a voice when needed, decisions made ICly..we go all out.

We chose Ebon Hawk and will lead by example when it comes to open world, non-exclusive RP in the Old Republic time line of events. We are not seeing alot of RP from others, but confident in the fact we will.

And on that note, you are still falsely advertising. Unless there is an event on Lord Adraas or you want to confine yourself to a cantina, in my experience, you have to struggle to find RP in the rest of the open world.

Sure you can argue, it's still a week or two old and RP will ramp up when everyone levels. However, on SoTE, I see people RPing in groups, flashpoints, operations, ...everywhere. Couple that with RP events and a OFFICIAL DEPLOYED RP population that dwarves Lord Adraas, the community has the right to know their options.

In addition, the only RPers who do not care about details, are the "NON" role-players. Educated role-players most certainly do their homework before making the long term decision of a server choice. That said, I did my homework and imo, SoTE wins by a landslide. But the community does not have to take my word for it, they simply have to roll on a server experience what each server has to offer.

You may enjoy where you are now, but your claims are brazen, not objective, and most certainly not based on facts.

Lord Adraas is filled with roleplayers, I've run across them all over from the start of the game and onward. I've seen people roleplaying in groups, flashpoints, operations, ...everywhere. I'd dare say your claims are brazen, not objective, and most certainly not based on facts.

Just because you were some guild leader and very clearly had some falling out with Swtor-rp.com doesn't mean you should try to fracture the rp population. People will make their own decisions. If you want to inform the people, try doing it with a little less e-rage bias. We don't need the silly rp server wars that plague(d) other games.

Edited by RossaK