Depths of Manaan is Bugged

Vhaegrant

That is odd, because before the patch I didn't get it till then, actually, it didn't pop till i walked up to the loot box.

Maybe we all got lucky then (in the tactical version we got credit after Stevastin and before the cinematic). 3 of the 4 of us had completed HM 2 weeks ago, but didn't get credit at all. But after the patch everyone in the group got credit after the cinematic. Stevastin even died while in the fire. Go figure. It seems to be random whether it completes for people (and they probably test it in their Dev-Godmode instead of playing it the way we players have to, so they never get down to that 1 minute, or less, time-frame to kill him).

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

I can confirm that there is an issue with Depths of Manaan granting credit for the Dark vs. Light Achievement. As some of you in the thread have guessed, the issue is caused by the environmental fire killing the boss instead of your character. If that happens, the Achievement will not properly track that you have completed the Flashpoint.

The way to get around this is to ensure that your character doing damage is what kills the final boss. As long as this happens you will get credit for the Achievement.

Thanks everyone. I will pass on any updates as I have them.

-eric

How about fixing the problem where the achievement no longer even lists Depths of Manaan, and instead lists "Missing Details Data"

I got the completion for HM after the patch (along with 3 others that were missing it). They moved completion to after the final cinematic instead of tying it in with defeating Stevastin.

What happened in my HM run after 4.7a was I got the MAIN achievement (not DvL) after Stevastin died (killed outside of fire). We got nothing for the event after that, not after the kill, not after the conversation, not after surfacing, and not after the loot box.

Also, how could you complete it if it's not actually listed in the achievement list anymore? Now it says "0/1 Missing Details Data" in place of it. Is that what you completed? That just stayed at 0/1 for me and the rest of my group.

What happened in my HM run after 4.7a was I got the MAIN achievement (not DvL) after Stevastin died (killed outside of fire). We got nothing for the event after that, not after the kill, not after the conversation, not after surfacing, and not after the loot box.

Also, how could you complete it if it's not actually listed in the achievement list anymore? Now it says "0/1 Missing Details Data" in place of it. Is that what you completed? That just stayed at 0/1 for me and the rest of my group.

bump bumpy bumpty bump

Before I did the flashpoint, it was showing 0/1 Depths of Manaan. After completion mine says Missing Details Data, yet it did complete after the cinematic. Here's a screenshot showing the flashpoint list with all completed.

There is a whole thread just above this one regarding the "Missing Details Data" for Depths of Manaan.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=892255

No response from the devs so far. Looks like instead of fixing the problem they made it worse...on top of introducing an event with a lot of negative feedback from veteran players.

Shame on them for creating a duplicate bug report thread. :eek:

Before I did the flashpoint, it was showing 0/1 Depths of Manaan. After completion mine says Missing Details Data, yet it did complete after the cinematic. Here's a screenshot showing the flashpoint list with all completed.

Thanks for posting that. I'm more frustrated now because mine still says 0/1, regardless of what the text says. I completed the tactical version pre-4.7a and when I went through the tactical list last night it shows 1/1 Missing Details Data. So it at least saved what I already did. But the HM one has not kicked for me yet after three tries (in fire, out of fire, out of fire), and I'm dreading the "we fixed it but you're all going to have to run it again but you must use the "workaround" even though it doesn't always work" announcement (if they ever get around to acknowledging that it's more than a "text issue", that is)

Finally got HM GF to pop, good group, completed. No credit.

I''m hoping they don't expect all of us to have to do this again. Can be quite a headache in GF. Be nice if in the fix that it will automatically credit us, or just remove this one from the requirements for the dvl cheivos.

No credit for the SOLO version, (post 4.7), despite the mission completing & allowing my DvL character to progress the story line and finish the prelude.

Will this get fixed with 4.7.1 or do I need to do something else, as this is not something I ever want to do more than once!

Did it a couple of time, solo grouped, 2 solos not to avail

So still bugged and...

Workaround doesn't work.

Yup. As of five minutes ago I can confirm that the workaround doesn't work as well. I have done it twice now and kept him out of fire at anything less than 20%, struck final damage both times, and it is not registering.

In addition, it still lists as "Missing Details Data".

Quite frankly, this bug has gone on long enough and is messing a lot of peeps up in the DvL event. Can you either just remove the requirement for the tier or automatically give everyone credit for it. This is beyond being funny at this point for how long this bug has existed. Not to mention, that since the "fix", the workaround no longer works as well.

Edited by Wayshuba

Quite frankly, this bug has gone on long enough and is messing a lot of peeps up in the DvL event. Can you either just remove the requirement for the tier or automatically give everyone credit for it. This is beyond being funny at this point for how long this bug has existed. Not to mention, that since the "fix", the workaround no longer works as well.

Agreed. On top of that, it is a redundant requirement. Anyone who has completed the previous DvL tier will have completed the Shadow of Revan storyline. This requirement is completely unnecessary, and simply begging for problems. Well, congratulations, Bioware. You've completed the achievement: Begging Successful.

Edited by jamesedjones

Well, on the other hand, this bug helps you complete some other achievements...

Because you have to do it so often you're completing all the 'Flashpoint'-achievements for Depths of Manaan, like for example killing Stivastin 25 times in the FP.

Easy job, you can just do it in a row an complete a completely different achievement, while you're waiting to complete the one you wanted to do in the first place :D:D

Yup. As of five minutes ago I can confirm that the workaround doesn't work as well. I have done it twice now and kept him out of fire at anything less than 20%, struck final damage both times, and it is not registering.

In addition, it still lists as "Missing Details Data".

Came here to post this, so... "this" and "bears repeating."

I have attempted the Depths of Manaan FP several times now, tactical, solo, and heroic, still bugged and not counting toward DvL. I have put in multiple bug reports. All of which have been replied to by their auto reply system stating that I need to put in a bug report, which I have done already.

Maybe the devs can pull their heads out of their asses and actually fix this bug? You know, since they are claiming they already have...

Endorsed, agreed, ditto, etc.

I have both Champion and Eternal level waiting on this, and these are the *only* reason I did most of these.

I am Protocol Droid M0-T0, Human-Cyborg Relations.

Thank you for contacting us about the issue you encountered. This particular case appears to have been caused by a bug within the game that will need to be corrected in a future game update and as such, cannot be corrected by Customer Service.

To allow us to identify and correct these issues, we would request that you submit a Bug Report on this issue. Bug Reports submitted though the In-Game Help Center go directly to our development QA team and not to Customer Service. To submit a bug, you can type /bug in your chat window or select Bug Report from the drop down when creating a new ticket in the In-Game Help Center.

We also recommend checking the latest patch notes at http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes for information on any fixes or changes in our game updates or our Known Bugs list, located at the top of our Bug Forums which can be found here: http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=417.

It would be nice and very needed to get any status update on this bug. Even the we know it we are working on it but don't have specifics right now would do.