Removal of the 15min Revive CD

GRIM_REAPER_Xdc

Pretty simple idea, provide a method of removing the 15min cooldown timer all non-healer classes have, be it through a complete change or level 65 passive.

I believe this to be a great QoL and convenience change that would benefit everyone. Quite often I find myself telling group members that they have to rez and run all the way back because I still have a 13 minute cooldown on a rez and there nothing I could do

Pretty simple idea, provide a method of removing the 15min cooldown timer all non-healer classes have, be it through a complete change or level 65 passive.

I believe this to be a great QoL and convenience change that would benefit everyone. Quite often I find myself telling group members that they have to rez and run all the way back because I still have a 13 minute cooldown on a rez and there nothing I could do

And everyone should also get a tank stance? I mean, it would be a great convenience change that would benefit everyone. I often find it difficult to find a tank for an ops or hard flashpoint, so it would be easier if everyone can be a tank right?

And everyone should also get a tank stance? I mean, it would be a great convenience change that would benefit everyone. I often find it difficult to find a tank for an ops or hard flashpoint, so it would be easier if everyone can be a tank right?

Wow, what a very similar example.

I fail to see how that has anything to do with a revive cooldown of 15min

No, I don't think so. It's one of the perks to being a healer/healing capable class.

If you're running into issues with the Revive CD, then that just means you (and your group) need to work harder at not needing to use it :p

AKA a cartoon strip of "BC" from many years ago.

One of the guys makes his way up a mountain, and addresses this question to the guru who is there:

"What is the secret to a long life?"

The guru's answer is simultaneously absolutely true and absolutely useless:

"Don't die."

It *isn't* a QoL change. A QoL ("quality of life") change is one that, while it does not affect *gameplay*, does affect the player's experience. A good example is the change to sort the post-4.0 crew skills panel so that the highest-influence companions are at the top. Gameplay is not affected by this. It just makes it easier to find your highest-Influence companion(s).

Changing the non-healer rez timer affects gameplay. The most obvious effect of removing this cooldown will be to make people far more careless - it doesn't matter if we die because we can get rezzed straight away - and people are already far *too* careless in group content.

The issue has arisen from the massive amounts of partial group wipes I've experienced in SM tactical groupfinder and some no so short run backs *cough*False Emperor*cough*

If groups are getting wiped, it's because the healer is incompetent.

Or the other group members are incompetent. Since this event all we have seen in the forums is people wanting to nerf tacticals, make instant rezs etc. Why try not to learn the mechanics or your class abilities a little better.

Or the other group members are incompetent. Since this event all we have seen in the forums is people wanting to nerf tacticals, make instant rezs etc. Why try not to learn the mechanics or your class abilities a little better.

:)

I feel like I'm in another dimension reading this thread. Pretty sure I've played games where everyone has a rez off cooldown and it doesn't make them all super sloppy or bring the sky falling down.

The fear of a rez cooldown doesn't lessen mistakes. People who are prone to mistakes will make them anyway. People who aren't, won't. (Speaking from years of experience in the leadership team of a raiding guild. Not direct experience with OOC rez cooldown fear, but with fears in general. In fact, for people who are particularly mistake prone, raising the stakes usually increases the chances of them screwing up. Mistake-prone people tend to be insecure and anxious, and increased pressure can send them over the edge, rather than helping.)

I feel like I'm in another dimension reading this thread. Pretty sure I've played games where everyone has a rez off cooldown and it doesn't make them all super sloppy or bring the sky falling down.

The fear of a rez cooldown doesn't lessen mistakes. People who are prone to mistakes will make them anyway. People who aren't, won't. (Speaking from years of experience in the leadership team of a raiding guild. Not direct experience with OOC rez cooldown fear, but with fears in general. In fact, for people who are particularly mistake prone, raising the stakes usually increases the chances of them screwing up. Mistake-prone people tend to be insecure and anxious, and increased pressure can send them over the edge, rather than helping.)

I won't say they do not exist, but I've never played a game in which every player has a rez that is not on a cooldown.

In fact, this is the first game I played in which every player has a rez. Every other game I've played only healers have rez skills, although some games have items that give an ability to rez with long cooldowns.

In this game, the removal of the rez cooldown is reserved for healing classes, if not for healing specs.

This is fine, IMO. If someone wants to play a DPS class, they can certainly learn to live a with a slight cooldown on rezzing.

I won't say they do not exist, but I've never played a game in which every player has a rez that is not on a cooldown.

In fact, this is the first game I played in which every player has a rez. Every other game I've played only healers have rez skills, although some games have items that give an ability to rez with long cooldowns.

In this game, the removal of the rez cooldown is reserved for healing classes, if not for healing specs.

This is fine, IMO. If someone wants to play a DPS class, they can certainly learn to live a with a slight cooldown on rezzing.

I believe it's become more common practice in recent years, along with the movement away from the static Heal/Tank/DPS trinity with no flexibility of roles.

GW2 definitely has it and for a game that is closer to SWTOR in its design, I'm 99% sure Rift has it, though I don't remember if they always had it or added it later.

No, I don't think so. It's one of the perks to being a healer/healing capable class.

If you're running into issues with the Revive CD, then that just means you (and your group) need to work harder at not needing to use it :p

The game was originally designed as with the idea of bringing healers along in mind, with the 15 min CD on Revive for everyone else to act as a backup. However, they have changed the game, and tactical content where there are ZERO healers present is a major part of the content now, they should re-evaluate this majorly outdated system.

The game was originally designed as with the idea of bringing healers along in mind, with the 15 min CD on Revive for everyone else to act as a backup. However, they have changed the game, and tactical content where there are ZERO healers present is a major part of the content now, they should re-evaluate this majorly outdated system.

THIS. This is one of the big reasons for this request, especially with this DvL event it is quicker to level a DPS and then respec at level 65, same goes for tanks. The net result is groups of 4 DPS or 3 DPS and 1 Tank being thrown into content never designed to be run without a healer or even a high level healer (READ: level 25 healers aren't really healers).

As for the cries to nerf the tacticals. I agree it's absurdly easy if you have a proper group or even a group of 4 max level DPS however they should either configure the queue to take into account group composition or make adjustments where necessary. Also can we all agree that letting level 50's queue for HM flash points is a bad idea? The number of times I've had 50's who can't pull their weight either because of their level or because they are a new player, havn't done any storymode flashpoints, can't play their class or can't follow instructions is INSANE. HM flashpoints need to be locked to level 60 or up

tl;dr a change in group finder merits a change in revive cooldown no matter the group competency

Overall this discussion is pointless, dying can be the fault of any member of the group due to mechanics. Even in simple trash mobs on the planet if a player pulls too many mobs then the group dies, not cause of bad tanking or healing, simply cause of too much damage that can be avoided.

If the mechanics are executed correctly you dont need a revive at all, there is no boss where you need to die in order to execute a mechanic so you dont need to touch the 15 min rev. Stealth classes would be preffered to take for ops since they could stealth out and rez the whole team if needed. All this would lead to more slacking since you can "afford" to die.

This cooldown on revive is good as it is and does not need a change. If you need so many revives you are doing something wrong.

Guild Wars 1 gave *every* character the "Resurrection Signet", a rez skill. Anyone could equip it on their skill bar(1), and it had a small cast time and restored the target to life with, if memory serves, 25% health. Downside? It was recharged by going into a town or outpost(2) or by killing a boss.(3)

(1) Your skill bar - you had just one - in GW1 held just 8 skills and there were no "action" bars for non-skill buttons like consumables. You could trivially end up with scores and scores of different skills to put on the skill bar, and selection of 8 skills was an art in itself. Basic attacks, on the other hand, were not skills from that point of view.

(2) In GW1, all zones that were not parts of officially designated towns or outposts were instanced for the group (or, in a few cases, groups) that went into them. There was, consequently, no concept of loot stealing, OWPvP, sliming past someone to enter a zone or grab a quest objective as the other person fought the guards, etc.

(3) GW2 bosses were in general more like Elites or maybe just silvers at the upper end of their strength. Nevertheless, they had some special defensive adjustments, dropped "unique" gear (i.e. could only drop from that boss), and left corpses you could raid to learn elite skills.

Exactly. This is even more of a reason why it should stay the way it is.

Every class has their own perks. And this is a perk of a healing capable class.

Yeah, you can do a tactical FP without a healer, but this no CD perk is designed to make you want to reconsider your group composition.

Just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean you should necessarily strive to do it. You might not need a healer for a tactical FP, but that doesn't mean you should avoid taking one.

To be honest I don't really see the issue, but I should note:

1. The CD is 5 minutes, not 15.

2. The 15 minute cooldown is the self-cooldown with the rez probe where if you die doing storymode or whatever and it gets progressively longer the more you die. For F2P they don't get the rez probes or whatever.

3. Giving everyone insta-rez would really make no difference in ops since the only ones who could use it anyways are scoundrels (who already have the healing rez) and shadows, both of which have a 1 minute cooldown on stealth. It just means shadows/scoundrels could rez a bit more often. Both of those classes (as DPS) are not widely used in ops due to their low DPS output or ability to keep uptime (and therefore DPS output).

~ Eudoxia

2. The 15 minute cooldown is the self-cooldown with the rez probe where if you die doing storymode or whatever and it gets progressively longer the more you die. For F2P they don't get the rez probes or whatever.

This isn't quite right. F2P and Preferred characters get FIVE rez probes. (Not five per day, nor five per week, but FIVE. I don't remember whether it was five per legacy or five per character.) Once they are gone, they can be recharged using a CM item.