What's this about 500 CC for subbing by July 7th?

GetPloughed

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, my 500cc just came in. Still weird that they'd announce it to hit during the maintenance, but then have it dribble in over the following hours...

Probably ran the check during maintenance, and the process that updates accounts is running separately.

I'd have made the same decision: get the game back up for everyone, and let the reward daemon do the reward function as it percolates through the user database.

Probably ran the check during maintenance, and the process that updates accounts is running separately.

I'd have made the same decision: get the game back up for everyone, and let the reward daemon do the reward function as it percolates through the user database.

And checking ~20 million created accounts for eligibility can take a while.

And checking ~20 million created accounts for eligibility can take a while.

Well it would only really be a subset of all the created accounts and they would already have the list of those accounts possibly eligible when they generated the targeted list, the sensible way would be to flag all accounts targeted then add a second flag If they met the subscription criteria by the cut-off date, then run the CC granting script against those accounts flagged - and yes I realise I've used the word sensible when referring to EA :p

So, I just received a reply from customer service. It seems that the information at customer service raises further questions about the eligibility of the promotion, and it seems to contradict the information provided by other players in this thread, and by Eric Musco earlier last week. Many people in this event report that they are long-term subscribers to the game and received the targeted promotion in their launcher. This is what Eric Musco had to say last week:

Similar to last time, this was a targeted promotion. If you saw the promo in your launcher and subscribed, you are eligible for it.

This quote seems to suggest that the person coding the algorithm to target the promotion was fully aware of what the conditions are to be eligible for extra CC to be subscribed on July 7th.

Now customer support tells us that people who were previously subscribed do not count towards this bonus CC grant, and that the promotion was "targeted at players who were not previously subscribed", and they "had to activate a subscription on the seventh".

Just so I get this right: You send a targeted promotion to players who weren't even eligible in the first place?

Well it would only really be a subset of all the created accounts and they would already have the list of those accounts possibly eligible when they generated the targeted list, the sensible way would be to flag all accounts targeted then add a second flag If they met the subscription criteria by the cut-off date, then run the CC granting script against those accounts flagged - and yes I realise I've used the word sensible when referring to EA

As I explained in my post: It seems that some of the targeted accounts weren't even eligible for the promotion. They have to check a lot more than just who receives the CC. Someone handling the database queues and the promotions team have just made a huge mistake.

Edited by Alssaran

So, I just received a reply from customer service. It seems that the information at customer service raises further questions about the eligibility of the promotion, and it seems to contradict the information provided by other players in this thread, and by Eric Musco earlier last week. Many people in this event report that they are long-term subscribers to the game and received the targeted promotion in their launcher. This is what Eric Musco had to say last week:

This quote seems to suggest that the person coding the algorithm to target the promotion was fully aware of what the conditions are to be eligible for extra CC to be subscribed on July 7th.

Now customer support tells us that people who were previously subscribed do not count towards this bonus CC grant, and that the promotion was "targeted at players who were not previously subscribed", and they "had to activate a subscription on the seventh".

Just so I get this right: You send a targeted promotion to players who weren't even eligible in the first place?

I'm not surprised I always assumed this was only for people who were not subbed? BW doesn't care about long term subs and they've demonstrated this time and time again. I just hope that everyone gets their coins.

I'm not surprised I always assumed this was only for people who were not subbed? BW doesn't care about long term subs and they've demonstrated this time and time again. I just hope that everyone gets their coins.

Whether this was for new players or not should have been made very clear by Eric last week. He only said that you were eligible for the promotion as soon as you saw it in your launcher. Many veterans received that targeted promotion. That means that the guy who made the algorithm to check the database for subscription status was wrong right there. If this was targeted at people who were not subscribed (or never subscribed since 4.0 at all), then I can't explain how so many veterans received the promotion.

Funnily enough, my subscription was renewed on the seventh for precisely that reason. If not for the bonus CC, I would have dropped it, seeing that I will be gone for two weeks and can always save the 15€ for the holidays. I wouldn't even be able to play the new chapter until next month.

So, the real message was: If you see it, you are eligible. Just in case you received it by mistake, and it seems a lot of people did. Then you weren't.

There was a major screw-up during the february promotion with some people reporting they didn't receive the e-mail, and the subject was dropped. Now the targeted promotion was targeted falsely, and people who received it weren't actually eligible.

Edited by Alssaran

As I explained in my post: It seems that some of the targeted accounts weren't even eligible for the promotion. They have to check a lot more than just who receives the CC. Someone handling the database queues and the promotions team have just made a huge mistake.

This is false. I am a sub, I got the promotion in my launcher, I received the cartel coins today. So people who are subs, got coins. Maybe some didn't, maybe some people are delusional and thought they saw a promotion where none actually are, it's hard to tell with this forum.

But at the end of the day, at least some people who were subs prior to this promotion(as in, did not sub during the week or so the promo ran) received their coins.

Giving out false information does nobody any good.

Well.. hours later and still no coins here and I totally had that add looking at me in the launcher for days.

I'm a little concerned at the day of the month my account renews itself, I am hoping this didn't interfere with the promotion at all ( my account does this on the 8th of each month, I hope there wasn't a split second there between the 7th and the 8th where its unsubbed or something. )

This is false. I am a sub, I got the promotion in my launcher, I received the cartel coins today. So people who are subs, got coins. Maybe some didn't, maybe some people are delusional and thought they saw a promotion where none actually are, it's hard to tell with this forum.

But at the end of the day, at least some people who were subs prior to this promotion(as in, did not sub during the week or so the promo ran) received their coins.

Giving out false information does nobody any good.

I am not giving out any false information here. I was previously subscribed since launch of the game. The only time my subscription lapsed was in December and Januar post-4.0. I was subscribed since February again. I received the promotion in my launcher. The information I provided above was from my CS ticket.

#28844086 was the number of the ticket - just in case Eric wants to cross-reference this for the community. I'm not providing information that wasn't stated in the CS ticket. The CS team members response was this:

My name is *deleted for privacy* and I understand that there's an inquiry about the bonus Cartel Coin Promotion, I am more than happy to work with you on this issue and ensure we get this issue resolved.

I truly understand and apologize for any confusion you may have experienced, it was a promo for eligible players that were not currently subscribed.

Concerning the bonus Cartel Coins, it was a targeted promotion which didn't apply for current subscribers. Those that were eligible, needed to activate a subscription on July 7th. I have sent a link for further information from the developers in my email.

It's been over an hour without an e-mail so far. I'm not spreading any missinformation here. What I said in my post was all information that was given by Eric, and later by the customer service representative in the ticket. Apparently she is suggesting that the targeted promotion was only intended for players who were not currently subscribed, yet many subscribed veterans did receive the promotion.

It seems this was never intended for current subscribers, but many current subscribers received the targeted promotion and thought they were eligible, seeing that Eric said "you are eligible when you see the promotion in your launcher."

This isn't pinning Eric to a wall, seeing that he is only the messenger. I want to know where something could go so wrong once again.

Edit: I just received the e-mail. The CS representative linked me to a post for "further information". It was the post by Eric that I actually quoted in my first ticket, and the post said this:

Similar to last time, this was a targeted promotion. If you saw the promo in your launcher and subscribed, you are eligible for it.

Apparently that isn't the case, seeing that a lot of people who were previously subscribed received the promotion in their launcher. It seems that a lot of people who were previously subscribed and received the promotion (thus believing they were eligible) weren't - even if they renewed their subscription prior or during July the 7th.

Edited by Alssaran

I had the advert pop in my launcher and it wasn't worded as if one had to subscribe that day, just that they be subscribed. At this point if I get the coins, great, and if I don't no big deal. Only difference it makes is if the market purchase I've been saving for happens sooner or later on when my usual coin stipend comes in.

That makes zero sense.

I've had a sub for almost 2 months in a row - saw the advert on or around the 4th or 5th of July I think in my launcher - my sub runs out in 11 days. I still don't see any coins. So who knows whats going on and Biowares silence on the matter is deafening.

I am not giving out any false information here. I was previously subscribed since launch of the game. The only time my subscription lapsed was in December and Januar post-4.0. I was subscribed since February again. I received the promotion in my launcher. The information I provided above was from my CS ticket.

#28844086 was the number of the ticket - just in case Eric wants to cross-reference this for the community. I'm not providing information that wasn't stated in the CS ticket. The CS team members response was this:

My name is *deleted for privacy* and I understand that there's an inquiry about the bonus Cartel Coin Promotion, I am more than happy to work with you on this issue and ensure we get this issue resolved.

I truly understand and apologize for any confusion you may have experienced, it was a promo for eligible players that were not currently subscribed.

Concerning the bonus Cartel Coins, it was a targeted promotion which didn't apply for current subscribers. Those that were eligible, needed to activate a subscription on July 7th. I have sent a link for further information from the developers in my email.

It's been over an hour without an e-mail so far. I'm not spreading any missinformation here. What I said in my post was all information that was given by Eric, and later by the customer service representative in the ticket. Apparently she is suggesting that the targeted promotion was only intended for players who were not currently subscribed, yet many subscribed veterans did receive the promotion.

It seems this was never intended for current subscribers, but many current subscribers received the targeted promotion and thought they were eligible, seeing that Eric said "you are eligible when you see the promotion in your launcher."

This isn't pinning Eric to a wall, seeing that he is only the messenger. I want to know where something could go so wrong once again.

Edit: I just received the e-mail. The CS representative linked me to a post for "further information". It was the post by Eric that I actually quoted in my first ticket, and the post said this:

Apparently that isn't the case, seeing that a lot of people who were previously subscribed received the promotion in their launcher. It seems that a lot of people who were previously subscribed and received the promotion (thus believing they were eligible) weren't - even if they renewed their subscription prior or during July the 7th.

Well in my experience you will get a different answer to the same question every time you speak to customer service so I wouldn't be at all surprised if they are in the wrong.

Just to clarify I am a long time subscriber i.e. since launch, I saw the promotion in my launcher both of them in fact, I did nothing other than continue to play as I normally do, my sub automatically renews every month and I received the bonus CC about an hour after the servers came back up today

That makes zero sense.

I agree. Don't shoot the messenger though. I gave the ticket number so that Eric could try and understand who gave customer service the wrong information, or if he had the wrong information to begin with - just in case he ever reads this post.

It seems that we are running into the same issues we did with the february promotion. Or was that april? I associate it with february since the Anarchy in Paradise picture and theme was all over the e-mail. And that one, surprisingly, I did receive without issues. The issue back then was that some people who were eligible didn't receive any CC at all, and then we saw CS telling them off with half-hearted explanations as to how they weren't qualified in the first place.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.