What's this about 500 CC for subbing by July 7th?

GetPloughed

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must have not been chosen .. I saw something somewhere about 500 cc for subs ... don't remember where ... all I have received is my regular monthly CC's.

I put in a thing to Customer Service and got the following as a reply.

Star Wars: The Old Republic Customer Service <support@swtor.com>

To

#####, ####

Jul 20 at 9:22 AM

Hi ####,

This is Phil from Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service hope this response finds you well today.

I can totally appreciate your concern at not getting the expected coins, Eric posted about this on our forums, while customer service can assist with a lot of things in game, the promotion entitlement and mechanic is hidden to us. I have no visibility on this sadly, if you saw the message on your launcher, I would respectfully ask you to post on the thread on the forums with details of your missing coins.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=8992549#edit8992549

Eric will see the post and can follow up from his side, I'm sorry that I can't be of more help to you regarding this problem, however in this case I have no data or tools to assist me. Thanks for your understanding.

With your referral rewards, you get 500 for the initial referral if the player subs, and 100 for every month they are subbed. So in the first month you can get 600 coins, then every month after that you get 100 as long as they stay subscribed. You can check the website to see who you have rewards from, under refer a friend.

Just to let you know, I have to close your ticket for you to see my reply Closing the ticket does not assume your issue is resolved but is necessary for you to see this message. You are more than welcome to send in another if you have additional information or issues.

Regards,

Phil

Star Wars ™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service

I would appreciate it if you could take the time to fill out a short survey about your most recent support experience with me. There is also a general area where you can add notes about your CS experience overall.

https://www.research.net/s/TOREN?c=N2-V528942654

I am still scratchin my head .... I don't remember where I saw it ... what is it for? I have been Subbed since day 1 of the game ... guess I don't get the bonus 500 coins. .... this game is funny about these "Monthly Grants" anyway .. for instance, They take my sub money in 90 "Day" increments, but give me coins monthly instead of every 30 days .... only 4 months have 30 days (and one 28) all the rest are 31 comes out to avg of 30.42 days per "month" A small deviation that over 4 years is 20.16 days .... oh well .. I like the game enough not to sweat the small stuff, and there is not much I would buy with CC's now anyway. (Unless of course I somehow got a gazillion of 'em)

Edited by Wahala

I'm a little annoyed, I have been a sub non-stop for a year now and still have not received the Cartel Coins from this promotion and the one before in January. I have made posts before and still have gotten no response... So am I getting the promised 500 Cartel Coins?

I understand its a targeted promotion, but I have also not received the last promotion that gave 1000 Cartel Coins to all subs... Either my account is bugged with the Cartel Coins or the Marketing Team is forgetting about me, not to happy. :confused:

Edited by ------Starkiller

targetted promotion or not, if it was on your screen, it should be handed out if you were a sub.

my wife and I have been subs since shortly after launch, and both received this advertised on our launcher. Also, both have still not received our coins. If the Dev's do look at this, let me know and i will gladly refer you to my CC ledger, which shows no handouts. :rak_02:

I wonder if people only *think* they saw the ad in their launcher.

They come here, see this thread, and then start to wonder if they actually saw it or not, but they can't be sure, but now it's in their head so they figure "meh, I'll throw my name in here anyway and see what happens... and I'll also take a passive-aggressive shot at the developers while I'm at it cuz that's the fashionable thing to do."

I received coins but have no idea if I saw the ad or not but I can definitely *think* or imagine I saw the ad when I see a thread like this.

Great 500 CC for all how are qualified until last FRIDAY - thanks I am qualified because you taking every month the money from my account since 2013 - and I haven’t got it so far! The same with the Guild RENAME Token I spend and could not use because “of” in the names is buggy…

Please give some answers!

Hey folks,

First off, I want to apologize for the delay in response to this! I know that many of you were left in the dark on this issue and that is on me. With that being said, I did want to make sure I had answers before I came into the thread, and I do!

I poured through the thread and manually passed on many of your account names for investigation, with the goal of getting to the bottom of any issues that might be present. In doing so, we were able to discover exactly what happened and I can confirm that some of you were definitely missed in the 500 Cartel Coin promotion grant.

Our plan right now is to spend today isolating exactly which remaining accounts were eligible and qualified. Then starting tomorrow through Friday, we will begin granting coins to the remaining accounts. I will post tomorrow when the grants have begun.

Thank you all for your patience and for posting your information in this thread so that we could investigate the issue.

-eric

Datum

Beschreibung

Menge

Guthaben

Freundesempfehlung-Zuteilung

Freundesempfehlung-Abonnement-Zuteilung

Kauf: 2.400 Kartellmünzen

Monatliche Abonnement-Zuteilung: 550 Kartellmünzen

Monatliche Sicherheitstoken-Zuteilung

Kauf im Spiel

Kauf im Spiel

Kauf im Spiel

Kauf im Spiel

Kauf im Spiel

Kauf im Spiel

Kauf im Spiel

Kauf im Spiel

Münzen-Zuteilung für Spiel-Erfolg

Kauf im Spiel

Kauf im Spiel

Kauf im Spiel

Kauf im Spiel

Münzen-Zuteilung für Spiel-Erfolg

Kauf im Spiel

Kauf im Spiel

Kauf im Spiel

Kauf im Spiel

Kauf im Spiel

Edited by FFMDude

I still didn't get any coins despite me being a non-stop sub for the last 4 years.

Great 500 CC for all how are qualified until last FRIDAY - thanks I am qualified because you taking every month the money from my account since 2013 - and I haven’t got it so far!

Alright. Full stop right there. I will do Eric's job here and write something very important. I advise you to read carefully. This explanation is not adressing the people who claim to have seen the add and who haven't received the coins, but at the dozens of people I see claiming that they are subbed since X and have to be eligible.

This was a targeted promotion. You do not qualify for this promotion simply by being subscribed since date X. The promotion was shown to the people who were eligible for the promotion, and those people could redeem it by being a subscriber on July 7th.

You do not qualify by being a subscriber on July 7th. This was also not a veteran reward. It was a targeted promotion. It seems that something went horribly wrong when Bioware wrote the eligibility algorithm for the advertisement, and it hit some people (including me) who were supposedly not eligible - at least not according to the initial design. To safe face and not create a PR nightmare by reverting eligibility after the promotion ended, Bioware opted to hand out the 500 CC to everyone who saw it - wrong algorithm or not.

It remains up for debate whether having some subscribers excluded is fair or not, but the fact remains that this was a targeted promotion. You do not qualify by being a subscriber alone. You have to be a subscriber and see the add. Those posts about how someone has subscribed for years, or how they are eligible because they were subscribed are meaningless without knowing whether you saw the add or not. It seems some people falsely attribute this to be a veteran reward thing, and thus believe only being subscribed was enough.

I received coins but have no idea if I saw the ad or not but I can definitely *think* or imagine I saw the ad when I see a thread like this.

I know I saw the add. I even remember what I was eating when looking at it. I get what you are saying though. ;)

There's a very crucial issue in this thread, and after the previous six months, I wouldn't be surprised if that issue is more than a tinfoil hat speculation. This community has taken the direction of attempting to take Bioware for fools whenever possible. I wouldn't put it past people to even make up seeing the add and posting an outraged post just to do this.

Now, keep in mind that I am a Bioware critic. I have my fair share of issues with the games direction, and I had my issue with the developer ever since that From Ashes nightmare back in 2012. On the other hand, I remember what a community manager told me during a Gamescom meeting. It might have been Eric himself, but I don't want to falsely "quote".

A lot of times, people on forums lie. I would love to jump into a post and expose some of those things. Reading a blatant lie like "I cleared boss X on the hardest difficulty!" or "I'm one of the top X players in guild X!". Just swopping in and say "No, you aren't." or "No, you haven't." for the sake of argument.

That's the issue of this post. I was also missing my CC after the initial distribution and posted here because I was sure I saw the add. Now, I have my CC. I can definitely attest to the fact that Bioware did a second successfull round of CC distribution - three people I know got their CC during the second round too.

This might sound overly defending, but at this specific point, I doubt there is any way to close this thread without Eric openly stating that some people in here are lying about eligibility. They can use a passive defense of PR here. Toss your name in, add some faked insult, and see what happens. The only way they can ever get out of this as the sore loser is if someone from Bioware calls them out in public. Seeing that it's such a rare thing to do, and only happens when a single person creates agitation for an entire community. , it won't happen.

Because you mixing a lot in this Threat, I will try to answer carefully to most of it. You talking about a Add, not the short form Ad from Advertising, but you told me it was a PR Marketing Thing from BW, so again only a marketing for the US and Brexit-Country??? On German Servers everyone talking it’s just a reward FOR SUBSCRIBERS; so the PR-Marketing on Bioware sides fails if the communication to their community and is misunderstood because of there mistakes. But this is always so even the translation is “call it ****” and yes I send BUG reports over BUG reports, instead to forward this I got a replay I should send that there and there … I am sorry how get paid for it??? Do I get paid for it to do the JOB of BW or EA or oposit?

So Eric:

SAME DER WUT (Decoration) is right spelled SAMEN DER WUT

HEXERIN does not exist or do you in America/Canada call it witchwomen and a male just witch? So change it to just witch and witcher maybe?

HEXE (neutral or female) (see http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/german-english/hexe?q=Hexe)

HEXER (male) (Funny Cambridge could not find it (http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/german-english/hexenmeister) but the German DUDEN*) does http://www.duden.de/rechtschreibung/Hexer)

*) DUDEN = official German dictionary that even GOETHE**) used

**) Goethe the German guy like Shakespeare

So go further on with worst support and information leak with BW Support (or EA – as a customer I don’t realy care how is responsible I just want to have it fixed) taking one of dozen tickets to one issue like Ticket# 28458269. I buy a cartel item (from whereever it doesent matter) that’s does not work because of a BUG and I get a replay that’s tells you something like “Oh, bad luck, read or BUG notes” and try it again, a refund of the used item does not happened and the request to please change it on their side on my behalves does not happen either! How is here the paying customer? How should be served a good service for his money?

Yes I am only a stupid European customer how can’t sue for mental cruelty and get 10 Million $ for it – because there was no waring on it! So let’s treat the Europeans like dumb cows they will never sue for just 10$. And this is my opinion about all this problems with a really bad PR-MARKETING and CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP. Maybe you change it in the future …

For the last I never clain to be player X from the guild x! Really dont know what you like to tell me with this!!! And is this FORUMTHREAT not called "500 CC for subbing by July 7th"

i take google for the word "SUBBING":

sub (subscription) {Subst.} [umg.] (auch: subscription)

Abo {n} [umg.]

it seams to be subscription no ADs ... or Adds - so thats right i was a subscriber at this time!

AND DO NOT CALL ME A LIER - i have even post my CC transactions and there are no 500 CC for any "subbing" thing!

And adding to this, I posted my whole transaction from the past few days, maybe you take a closer look to this, before you excuse someone to be a lier:

Free translate: Monthly subscription allotment: 550 Cartel coins.

06/26/2016

Subscriber Monthly Grant: 550 Cartel Coins

07/26/2016

Subscriber Monthly Grant: 550 Cartel Coins

Subscription Plans

You have 102 days of subscription play time remaining.

But still there are no 500CC extra in all the TRANSACTIONS – so what went wrong!

Edited by FFMDude

You talking about a Add, not the short form Ad from Advertising, but you told me it was a PR Marketing Thing from BW, so again only a marketing for the US and Brexit-Country???

That is definitely not the case. My account is "located" in Germany (the location is set there), and I'm currently playing on a German IP, seeing that I went home for the holidays. That means I was in Duesseldorf, Germany when I saw the add, and my account (despite me living in the UK for a few months each year) is still set to Germany in the basic information tab. It was most definitely not a US/UK thing only.

On German Servers everyone talking it’s just a reward FOR SUBSCRIBERS; so the PR-Marketing on Bioware sides fails if the communication to their community and is misunderstood because of there mistakes.

Then, my fellow countrymen, you on the German servers are simply wrong. I would be willing to argue that it's because I haven't heard about proper German communication in a while, seeing that Bioware seems to be lacking a German Community Manager, but it was stated quite obviously by Eric. Anyone with a basic Hauptschule-understanding of English could've translated it correctly. It seems someone is spreading missinformation on German servers.

Edited by Alssaran

Hey folks,

The team has started granting Cartel Coins to those players who qualified for the promotion. It can take up until 5PM Central tomorrow (Friday) to complete all of them. Thanks everyone.

-eric

I know this is most of a month later, but I was just hoping that it would just belatedly go through. As far as I am aware I was eligible for the 500 Cartel Coin promotion on the 7th of July and yet today being the 3rd of August I have yet to receive it. I submitted a ticket in game and they redirected me here as the Dev's themselves are the only ones who know if we got the notification that we were eligible in launcher.

It is August 4 and I still have not received the 500 CC that was *supposed* to be given to Subscribers in July.

I have been subscribed since Pre-Launch. There has been no problem receiving the CC in earlier promotions.

When can I expect to receive this promotional CC grant??

Okay, so many of us have not been receiving any of the items from the promotions, targeted or not. I know its a targeted promotion, and in saying so I did see the targeted promotion when I logged into the game. As well as in the beginning of the year, SWTOR had the promotion that all subs get 1000 cartel coins... I was a sub and still got nothing.

I am not mad at Eric because I understand that he is just the messenger, but who I am upset at is the Marketing team. Here is my message for that team, please get your act together. Many loyal players that sub all the time and give you guys money are getting upset due to the fact that you are not giving what you are promising. If you guys are going to advertise a promotion, make sure you are able to deliver.

Another word of advice, if you are going to do a "targeted promotion", at least say who you are targeting and why so that there is no confusion. Targeting people without reason is really unfair to those who did not get targeted because we don't know why we didn't get selected, it causes a lot of anger and confusion to YOUR customers.

I am still a loyal member to SWTOR and always will be, but I am rather upset that the team has not kept to their words. My trust with this game is slowly going downhill. :(

Edited by ------Starkiller

It is August 4 and I still have not received the 500 CC that was *supposed* to be given to Subscribers in July.

Again, it wasn't an all around subscriber promotion. It was a targeted promotion, and only flagged accounts were eligible to receive said coins. The information that you have been subscribed since pre-launch (how is that even possible?) is meaningless in this context.