What's this about 500 CC for subbing by July 7th?

GetPloughed

I can only imagine that what happened is that more people saw the promotion than were eligible for it. I was one of them and, like many here, didn't receive the 500 CC. My boyfriend however did, so it really looks like an internal mixup which caused ineligible people to see the promotion.

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reasons for the error are less concerning than the complete lack of response from Bioware or anyone other than a CS rep responding to a ticket.

Mistakes are understandable, especially when using wide roll-out of a new feature. But, when you make the mistake you need to do something to repair it.

Edited by Blaorm

Agreed. They should at least acknowledge it and issue an apology. Giving everyone their promised coins would be best but...I don't actually expect it to happen. An acknowledgement on the other hand, would be nice.

They should, but they won't, it's in their operating manual, i think to completely ignore negative issues that ball out of control until the storm passes and people move on to complain about the next hot ticket item where the process then repeats.

I wish they would give people the coins or at least very least post something be it an explanation, quick mention that they are looking into things or just a 'Sorry, something went wrong and those who haven't gotten the coins by now were not eligible for them despite seeing the ad' but this is EA so.. yeah, no coins, even less communication.

Edited by LordMordeth

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to ask what happened to the Cartel Coins? I know 100% that I AM eligible to get them since I've been a continuoussubscriber for almost 2 years and I got the notification of the 500 CC reward on my log-in panel. I still have not gotten anything...

It's probably like the last promotion that did this. I mentioned in this or one of the other threads the eligibility list.

Last time it came up I resubbed and didn't qualify. Contacting support I was told you had to renew using the website and a reoccurring sub. Official game time cards did not count nor did the Origin or Amazon expansion game time promotions.

I'm beginning to think everyone should just flood Musco's Twitter page with requests to get the lead out and do something about this. They're clearly not paying attention to the forums at all. Maybe we need to be a little more direct.

Add me to the list, the 500CC promotion showed up in the launcher yet I can find no 500CC grant in my Cartel Coin ledger. CS was unable to grant the CC manually but told me to post in this thread.

I posted here this after noon when I saw I did not get mine some I follow on tweeter got them but all I got was my 625 for Sk and 525 for I use 60 day game time cards. But still was a sub and had it in my launcher and still not got mine. Its starting to feel like another swtor deal for USA only witch I feel a slap in the face to others like me who play and live out side the USA. And the news of what been going on G2A makes worried if the next x-pack deal shows up like the last one if the key real or fake.:confused:

I posted here this after noon when I saw I did not get mine some I follow on tweeter got them but all I got was my 625 for Sk and 525 for I use 60 day game time cards. But still was a sub and had it in my launcher and still not got mine. Its starting to feel like another swtor deal for USA only witch I feel a slap in the face to others like me who play and live out side the USA. And the news of what been going on G2A makes worried if the next x-pack deal shows up like the last one if the key real or fake.:confused:

I'm in the U.S. and haven't gotten my cartel coins. So it's not just people outside the States with this issue.

So yeah I was also redirected to this thread again when I asked about it in game. They did at least seem like they believed it was a legit problem at least.

I will say this, my first thought was that maybe they showed the targeted launcher promo to a whole bunch of people that they didn't mean to show it to.

But also, did the other people who didn't get the cartel coins after seeing the promo also get an email about it? Because that would be pretty concrete evidence they were "targeted" by the promotion, more so than just claims about remembering one's launcher.

Disappointing that it's taking so long to get an official response.

I find their lack of replies disturbing..... :rak_02:

I think its the ambiguity of the offers wording that's the problem..

'Be a subscriber on July 7th' reads to me as 'as long as you have an active sub on that date (and you've seen this promo), get 500 coins (as has been the case with the other rewards)'....

This is downright insulting and disgusting from BW. Very, very revolting.

Has everyone in that freaking building gone AWOL? Do your bosses know about this crap?

My, my if I wouldn't fire you all. Rubbish workers, no ethics no nothing.

Edited by richiesilva

This is downright insulting and disgusting from BW. Very, very revolting.

Has everyone in that freaking building gone AWOL? Do your bosses know about this crap?

My, my if I wouldn't fire you all. Rubbish workers, no ethics no nothing.

Of course their bosses know about this, that's why the minions are hiding, their bosses ordered the original campaign :rolleyes:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.