What's this about 500 CC for subbing by July 7th?

GetPloughed

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eric:

Similar to last time, this was a targeted promotion. If you saw the promo in your launcher and subscribed, you are eligible for it.

https://c3.staticflickr.com/8/7364/27836191890_4e24904b9e_o.jpg

... still waiting and waiting :cool:

Of course my English can be far from perfect, but "Be a subscriber...." is not "Become a subscriber...". So the argument by CS that the promo worked only for those who subscribed on 7th is not correct.

Edited by AnyutkaiVlad

I'm in the same boat, I had the promo in my launcher, no coins for me either. So this makes two bonus CC grants that they didn't deliver on properly. I was one of the bunch that didn't get the bonus CC's from earlier this year when I 100% qualified for it.

Hey folks,

Just to alleviate any confusion, I am seeing two questions in this thread to address:

How do I receive the bonus coins?

Similar to last time, this was a targeted promotion. If you saw the promo in your launcher and subscribed, you are eligible for it. As a reminder, always keep your eyes open for new promotions appearing in the launcher!

When will I receive the bonus coins?

If you were eligible and subscribed by the cutoff, the coins will be granted over the next few days. The hope is to have all of the coins granted today, but they should be granted in full by early next week.

Thanks everyone! Apologies for any confusion.

-eric

I saw this promo in the launcher in April. After the deadline passed, poof! no more reference to the promo and nothing mentioned anywhere on the site as far as I could tell (I never checked the forums). Since I could find no reference to it, I didn't fill out a ticket.

I saw this promo in the launcher again recently. I never saw any mention of this being for non-subbed players either time. Much to my surprise, there were no coins again.

Someone somewhere screw something up. Whether it was the guy deciding who could see the add, or the guy sending CC only Bioware knows.

I resubbed almost a year ago, sometime between Ziost and KOTFE, and stayed subbed. Have all rewards, Nico, early acess, etc. No coins for me today. Now, I am perfectly fine with the thought, that I am not eligible.

But every single time I started the game I saw the promotion. Every single time. It would be nice if Bioware at least admitted it was there by mistake. Or went back on the whole "if you see it - you will have it"

Edited by Gelious

So you are saying that I need to unsub if I want to get targeted promotions for free coins. Thanks for the heads up.

Apparently so. I guess being subbed since launch continuously doesn't warrant a special 'promo'.

Not saying it needs to be something big. Heck I'd go wit ha simple 'surprise!' gift for those that are subbed as of some day. No prior announcement, no advanced "hey be subbed by X", just a simple "Look, you have been a loyal sub for X period and we decided to reward you with Y. Thank you for your dedication and support for SWTOR and we want to let you know our gratitude."

Could be a new title like "The Eternal" or a Musco inspired speeder that the front bounces like its got some shock system for cruising. Heck even a Musco inspired headgear would be funny.

Blak

Here is a hint for the folks at BioWare. If you do targeted offers to give free cool stuff to only some of your players the word will get out and everybody that reads the forums (Reddit or SWtoR) will know about them.

You might want to think about why you are not giving the same cool stuff to loyal subs when you do these. Or don't, and expect them to backfire on you, and they create even more hard feelings and/or unsubs as a result.

Reason why they don't is because people will not unsub over it. As much as I will 'ask' for a reward, honestly I have 0 expectations of getting jack. Its so of like when they give out free cartel coins on Facebook. Would do it in the dead of the day on Facebook when pretty much everyone that would play with any significant disposable income is at work. Pretty sure telling my VP "Yeah hold on for that report. Playing SWTOR trivia and I am so close to getting 250 CC!" is a quick way to find myself spending many afternoons with Musco since I would be terminated with prejudice.

So if you think they think stuff through... not sure who is thinking of jack.

Blak

Hey folks,

Quick update! I talked with the team and just to ensure that we don't hit any issues when granting the coins, they are going to grant them during next Tuesday's maintenance. Thanks everyone.

-eric

It didn't happen for me. No new coins. 2 weeks of looking at it on login. Nothing now.

I saw the ad and never got my coins either. Do we contact support for this now?

Saw it too, never got the 500 yet or my monthly grant but got the security key which is weird

Edited by Theeko

Didn't get my coins either. Saw the ad and subbed a couple hours afterwards. It kept popping up every time I logged into the game for that week, so it was targeted at my account the whole time.

Yeah I also had the add on my launcher AND got an email about it. I had been subbed for about a month or so at this point and my renewal date had just gone by like a week prior to the date, so I definitely was a subscriber on the date it specified. Edited by OldVengeance

I seen the add on my launcher and no bonus coins.

The problem with Bioware is their adverts and offers are very misleading as their deceptions knows no bounds.

I was actually going to cancel my sub because of the LS v DS disaster but when i seen the add in the browser I decided to wait till after the 7th so i would get the xtra coins.

Edited by Cretu