What is the best item you have got from the Light vs Dark packs?

Zellous

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GOt Revan upper and lower body armor boxes and a Desler DS-4 so far. All from the first pack at level 25, haven't gotten to 50 yet for second.

See these packs have some cool stuff like Revan, Satele Shan, Tulak Hord sets, etc... Problem is it's all bound to character.... Because Satele Shan set is so useful on say an Agent for example...

As for my own packs, I have not opened them yet. Figured I'd just wait and open them all at once. All bound to character anyways, best to not spread the disappointment lol

Edited by Newyankalt

They are intended to unlock in collections, but are currently bugged.

The Desler mount I got was marked bound but unlocked in collections when i used it, so maybe they fixed it earlier? Unless it's only the armor sets that are bugged. I'm not equipping the Revan stuff until I get the rest of the outfit, so I didn't test the armor unlocking.

Edited by Zorvan

Best was the decoration ''Throne of Enlightenment'', but kinda of useless since I want to donate them to my Imperial Guild and such a decoration would be senseless on this side, also it's bound, so I cannot send it to the other side neither. Not enough to keep me doing the event because of this fact, it's even worst when it comes to weapons that I cannot equip on my character, so I cannot unlock them to collections for the ones that can use them sadly... very bad planned EAware, very bad. Edited by MiguelGx

See these packs have some cool stuff like Revan, Satele Shan, Tulak Hord sets, etc... Problem is it's all bound to character.... Because Satele Shan set is so useful on say an Agent for example...

As for my own packs, I have not opened them yet. Figured I'd just wait and open them all at once. All bound to character anyways, best to not spread the disappointment lol

Im happy all the stuff in the LS v DS packs are bound. They contain rare items and if they could be sold on the GTN they would no longer be rare. There isnt enough rare in this game as it is.

Edited by mpddispatch

I only made it to 21 before I had to get to bed, but guildies were linking their stuff all night. I saw a lot of ceremonial armor which is Bronze, and a lot of the newer crystals which are silver. Not what I would call "best of". There were a couple of decent decorations, a white/white dye and a white-black crystal.

I only made it to 21 before I had to get to bed, but guildies were linking their stuff all night. I saw a lot of ceremonial armor which is Bronze, and a lot of the newer crystals which are silver. Not what I would call "best of". There were a couple of decent decorations, a white/white dye and a white-black crystal.

I got a Revan Reborn Lower Set, which is rare. GTN price has the boots at around 5 million and the robes arent even on the GTN at all. So, just because you didnt get anything that is considered rare doesnt mean its not out there.

• Reaver Lower Body Armor
  • Advanced White-Black Eviscerating Crystal

I've always wanted the Reaver set so fingers crossed I get the rest of it :D Worth around 7,5mil, the crystal 12,5mil on TRE. All in all better then expected, and this was only from the 5 packs at level 25. Hope I didn't use all my luck already!

I got a Revan Reborn Lower Set, which is rare. GTN price has the boots at around 5 million and the robes arent even on the GTN at all. So, just because you didnt get anything that is considered rare doesnt mean its not out there.

I'm sure it is possible to get good stuff, and I did list some nice things people got, but there is a lot more common filler than what I was expecting based on their description of the contents. For example, of 6 crystals people got, 5 were farmhand blue. Farmhand blue crystals are so common it's hard to give them away. Bronze level armor and crystals that sell for 5k are not "best of". That's not a complaint, just an observation. I'm going to do a lot of grinding in the hopes of getting something truly good, but my hopes are tempered.

Im happy all the stuff in the LS v DS packs are bound. They contain rare items and if they could be sold on the GTN they would no longer be rare. There isnt enough rare in this game as it is.

I'd rather they have everything in the pack bind on equip since there are people like me who have just about every single piece of armor in that box (I don't have any Revan armor, but Revan is overrated.)

Good thing

there is set to be a Cartel Market version of the Light vs Dark pack which will likely have the good ole Timer bind.

Edited by JediJuliusDavin

I'd rather they have everything in the pack bind on equip since there are people like me who have just about every single piece of armor in that box (I don't have any Revan armor, but Revan is overrated.)

Good thing

there is set to be a Cartel Market version of the Light vs Dark pack which will likely have the good ole Timer bind.

If its Bind on Equip you could sell it. Like I stated above, if thats the case most of the rare stuff in game will no longer be rare. This game needs rare. It's satisfying to be able to say "I've got something that not many other people have" or "I can wear something that not many people can wear". There are a VERY few people left in game that actually have a Czerka Crate-o-matic, which is about the rarest thing in the game. Imagine how disappointed you would be if you were one of the handful of people that actually had one and they started dropping in these packs and could be sold on the GTN. The value of that item would be greatly reduced.

If its Bind on Equip you could sell it. Like I stated above, if thats the case most of the rare stuff in game will no longer be rare. This game needs rare. It's satisfying to be able to say "I've got something that not many other people have" or "I can wear something that not many people can wear". There are a VERY few people left in game that actually have a Czerka Crate-o-matic, which is about the rarest thing in the game. Imagine how disappointed you would be if you were one of the handful of people that actually had one and they started dropping in these packs and could be sold on the GTN. The value of that item would be greatly reduced.

The answer, as many have stated in other threads, is to make the items BoL. The stuff is useless if you made a character just to do this event. The stuff is useless if you get something that is not useable by the current character. Dyes are useless if you don't truly get the choice of which armor to put them in. Armors are useless if you don't get the entire set.

And for the biggest slap in the face, it's all useless because we've been told to delete characters once they've been through the event. So... what about all that stuffs they got?

So. Poorly. Planned.

The answer, as many have stated in other threads, is to make the items BoL. The stuff is useless if you made a character just to do this event. The stuff is useless if you get something that is not useable by the current character. Dyes are useless if you don't truly get the choice of which armor to put them in. Armors are useless if you don't get the entire set.

And for the biggest slap in the face, it's all useless because we've been told to delete characters once they've been through the event. So... what about all that stuffs they got?

So. Poorly. Planned.

They have not told anyone to delete characters. All they said, in responce to someones question, was it was an option for those people that had only one character slot open, or didnt want to free up any extra slots by deleting characters. Bind on Legacy I would agree with, but they want you to spend the CC to unlock it. Is it greedy? Yeah, a little bit. But I can understand why, they are a company that is in business to make money so I get it. But in NO way should any of that stuff be available for sale on the GTN.

This is the actual response from Eric.........

Once you have completed the objective by receiving the achievement, that character no longer needs to be active. So you could level to 50 on a character, and then delete it.

-eric

Edited by mpddispatch

Nobody forces you to delete chars. The alternative was to level the chars on a different server so you dont have to delete them incase you need the space on your regular server. They are just like any other char before the event and they will be just like other char after the event.

Nobody forces you to delete chars. The alternative was to level the chars on a different server so you dont have to delete them incase you need the space on your regular server. They are just like any other char before the event and they will be just like other char after the event.

well they sort of are forcing some to delete them until or if the cap is moved to 50 per server. the real thing is its a pure and simple money grab at so many levels its not even funny. yeah sure you can get that sweet armor piece or weapon and it opens in your legacy but guess what you pay huge cc to open account wide..... WIN WIN WIN EAware.

the issue i have seen so far is so what you get the upper for a set, its not the set nor will it unlock in your legacy so once your done with your character and havent gotten the rest of the set to put on to unlock in our legacy guess what you really have nothing at the end of the day. I think its just poor planning yet again. do this lame event, give out crates. stop at one per level and make each crate of the 8 that you could earn give a complete gold or plat level gear SET. i would actually participate in the event more than just once to see what its about.

and in honesty i dont think i will bother doing even one complete run in the event. just not worth it right now.

well they sort of are forcing some to delete them until or if the cap is moved to 50 per server.

I cant speak for those because I never bought additional slots so far.

yeah sure you can get that sweet armor piece or weapon and it opens in your legacy but guess what you pay huge cc to open account wide..... WIN WIN WIN EAware.

You have the possibility to get sweet items. But its still chance based, not a guarantee.

the issue i have seen so far is so what you get the upper for a set, its not the set nor will it unlock in your legacy so once your done with your character and havent gotten the rest of the set to put on to unlock in our legacy guess what you really have nothing at the end of the day. I think its just poor planning yet again. do this lame event, give out crates. stop at one per level and make each crate of the 8 that you could earn give a complete gold or plat level gear SET. i would actually participate in the event more than just once to see what its about.

As long as we can dream...

and in honesty i dont think i will bother doing even one complete run in the event. just not worth it right now.

Since Im left with one class to get legendary, Im doing both at the same time. Either way I get what I want from leveling the char.

Edited by Zasszz

Also they just screwed major income on the CM I believe, by putting real $ items in with game content which was a bad idea tbh

So far very disappointing. Out of my accounts now on my 3 though to level 25. Had Crystals, Crystals, Crystals and more ********* Crystals. Along with gifts. Also had XP boosts I don't use such as Space battles, starfighter, warzone.

Had 1 part of an outfit on a set I had got, the revers lower body part. Also had 1 mount. Also already got but that was expected as already got over 80% of mounts.

Just about to relook at the crystals to see if I got one not already got. However 3 crystals for every 5 packs is a bit OTT.

Edited by Nevaeh-Heaven

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.