What is the best item you have got from the Light vs Dark packs?

Zellous

Only at 25 on my Juggernaut for the event, and my Trooper's only 10 so I've only gotten 5 packs so far. Best thing I got out of them was Reaver Lower Set. The best part is that from that pack I got 1/2 of the Reaver gear that I care about. Now to see if I can get the Reaver Upper Set.......

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only gotten to the level 25 reward thus far.

Best item I got was Revan's Upper Body Armor. It was a set I wanted on the Shadow I was playing, so I was pleased. I grabbed the lower robes off the GTN and a dark purple dye and am really happy with the look.

Otherwise aI just got some basic stuff. A farmhand crystal I already had, a kind of cool Yavin statue decoration for the stronghold I never decorate, a bronze speeder I had in my collections, and some gifts.

So far got a few guns and crystals I did not have before. Not that any of them were on my want list. However did not have them so not complaining. I did get Revan's upper armour, which would have been nice if only it was on one of my other accounts as I already had it on the one it dropped on.

Still not lost anything and have so far enjoyed the event far more than I thought I would.

So far

4 to level 25 (all different accounts,)

1 to level 60, and going for the third level rewards. (just got to Corella) Decided I would do the first 3 chapters to unlock the boost as not done any on that server. But will jump tp to Revan story after. Need to double check if I need to do the 5 pre Revan flashpoints first.

Edited by Nevaeh-Heaven

Best thing so far has been reavers supplimentary armor, of course I got 3 of them! otherwise just trash crystals/mounts I already have (admitedly I have a TON of stuff already in collections so baring anything extremely great I probably already have it)

Would have been nice for full armor sets as I actually do need reavers just not 3 of the same box lol.

Vector might be able to use it? If not Xalek in KOTFE can.

Vector can, but Xalek cannot. As of 4.0 Jedi/Sith companions cannot use anything but lightsabers. It annoys me because they used to be able to equip vibroswords and such just like player Jedi/Sith can, but no longer.

Also the Reaver upper set! But given to the light side Jedi!!!

They'd think they'd put some basic loading on the stuff given rather than making it totally random, but I guess if they ever fix the bug and the items unlock in collections it'll work out...

Im happy all the stuff in the LS v DS packs are bound. They contain rare items and if they could be sold on the GTN they would no longer be rare. There isnt enough rare in this game as it is.

I'm sorry, but this is just not right. I vehemently disagree with this post. I think in no way, shape, or form should they be BoP. Making them BoP is a scam. I'm sorry, but that's how I see it, and from what I read, that is how many others see it. I feel that they should be BoE. My reasoning is this: Is it right that if someone receives items that they do not want for any of their characters, that they are not able to sell them to someone who actually wants the items? I don't think so.

I do understand the argument that "rare should stay rare"; however, are the items truly rare anymore if there are enough of them to flood the GTN? The answer is no. I also understand that some players don't want more of these items up for sale on the GTN, arguing that they don't want prices on the GTN to drop or that they want to keep pretending that they are one of maybe ten people with that item. Again, if they are so against the idea of rare items becoming less rare, then they should be against the whole "best of" pack idea in general. Also, is it for someone else to decide whether or not a person should sell an item, or should it be up to the person who has the item? If you don't want there to be as many of an item to be on the GTN, then don't sell yours, but don't tell me I can't sell mine!

Thanks!

Hail and farewell,

- Scorpio Strikes

To even give real $ items for free in game to play the game rather than spend your own $ on it, is just way to far imo i'm also glad its also BoP. This already killed the CM purchases from alot of people in game knowing they'll probably add more CM rewards for future events as well.

I'm sorry, but this is just not right. I vehemently disagree with this post. I think in no way, shape, or form should they be BoP. Making them BoP is a scam. I'm sorry, but that's how I see it, and from what I read, that is how many others see it. I feel that they should be BoE. My reasoning is this: Is it right that if someone receives items that they do not want for any of their characters, that they are not able to sell them to someone who actually wants the items? I don't think so.

I do understand the argument that "rare should stay rare"; however, are the items truly rare anymore if there are enough of them to flood the GTN? The answer is no. I also understand that some players don't want more of these items up for sale on the GTN, arguing that they don't want prices on the GTN to drop or that they want to keep pretending that they are one of maybe ten people with that item. Again, if they are so against the idea of rare items becoming less rare, then they should be against the whole "best of" pack idea in general. Also, is it for someone else to decide whether or not a person should sell an item, or should it be up to the person who has the item? If you don't want there to be as many of an item to be on the GTN, then don't sell yours, but don't tell me I can't sell mine!

Thanks!

Hail and farewell,

- Scorpio Strikes

I agree with you completely.

I think we can all understand not being able to sell or transfer the rewards to other players, but making them bound to the character that opens them is a dick move.

I've already opened up two batches of event rewards, finding all sorts of great stuff... that is totally inappropriate or unusable for the character it is now bound to. Found a color crystal I'd love to use on a different character. It'll only cost me 400 cartel coins to be able to use it. Found some incomplete armor sets... would like to use those boots on a jedi, but nope... gotta find two more armor sets related to it and then cough up event more cartel coins to unlock it.

This is not how participating in an event should happen, and this is not how customers should be treated.

I think we can all understand not being able to sell or transfer the rewards to other players, but making them bound to the character that opens them is a dick move.

I've already opened up two batches of event rewards, finding all sorts of great stuff... that is totally inappropriate or unusable for the character it is now bound to. Found a color crystal I'd love to use on a different character. It'll only cost me 400 cartel coins to be able to use it. Found some incomplete armor sets... would like to use those boots on a jedi, but nope... gotta find two more armor sets related to it and then cough up event more cartel coins to unlock it.

This is not how participating in an event should happen, and this is not how customers should be treated.

Fact is, you didn't pay real money for those Cartel Market items. It's bad enough that these packs exist in the first place, and I find it entirely ok that you have to pay CC to use them (saving you in the best case scenario the credits it'd take to buy the item), and to actually SELL the item you must pay up, buy CC and find it legitimately in a pack.

I, for one, am livid that they're offering up CM items as quest rewards, and the only decent thing about them is the restrictions placed upon them. Event-partakers did NOT acquire these items in their full version legitimately - merely a tease version of them - and need to pay up just like the rest of us did to use them.

I've only opened 5 packs so far, but I got a nice speeder that just happened to match that character's color scheme, a skimpy sith upper armor set (Darth Sion) that I guess I'll use on Scourge (heh), and much to my amazement, a Revan Reborn upper armor set. The other two boxes had a war hero crystal (which I'll never use) and an eviscerating crystal (which I already had.) I was happy with my haul though and look forward to opening more packs.

What if there was an event with ridiculously demanding objectives? And suppose for anyone who put a ton of time and effort in and achieved the goals, they gave 15 or 30 days of sub time.

Would you have a problem with that?

What if there was an event with ridiculously demanding objectives? And suppose for anyone who put a ton of time and effort in and achieved the goals, they gave 15 or 30 days of sub time.

Would you have a problem with that?

I'd be fine with that, as long as there was a different reward for subscribers, or maybe a choice of the two.