BoP armor sets vom Dark vs. Light packs don't unlock in collections

Jerba

According to the event page, the BoP items from the DvL event should unlock in Collections:

A few extra details on the packs -the armor sets come in three separate boxes, Upper Body, Lower Body, and Supplementary. Each item that you earn from a Force-Bound Dark vs. Light Pack is Bind on Pickup, so they cannot be sold. However, these items do unlock in collections similar to other pack items.

However, these items are missing the "Armor set (0/7)" section in the tooltip and when equipping them, they still show up as 0/7 in Collections even though it should say 2/7 or 3/7. This devalues the event rewards and must be a bug, so it would be great if you can fix those items.

This bug was confirmed with the following items:

• Kreia's Upper Body Armor (Kreia's Robes, Kreia's Gloves)
  • Revered Seer's Upper Body Armor (Revered Seer's Tunic, Revered Seer's Gloves)
  • Ceremonial Mystic's Supplementary Body Armor (Ceremonial Mystic's Mask, Ceremonial Mystic's Belt, Ceremonial Mystic's Wristwraps)
  • Revan's Sash, Revan's Mask

Edited by Jerba

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You may be thinking that you need to unlock the whole set and it's just a display bug that it stays at 0/7. However, I also got a Color Crystal from the pack which should have unlocked in Collections but it didn't. So this is definitely a bug.

Another player is also reporting he cannot unlock the items in collections:

Cannot unlock through collections - partial armor sets as well.

I pulled the seeker top. Awesome. Thought this would be this epic thing that I could just giggle happily over and run around after getting to pay to unlock the chance item I got on the event.

Nope. Bind on pickup, does not unlock to collections, does not show how many to the collections set on the armor pieces you get for the 'sets'. So whichever character you do the event with - I hope you plan on keeping it if you want the benefit of those crate armors.

Tomorrow I will be posting screenshots of the **** I pulled from the crate and about the run down of what I've seen on live for the event. I had been looking forward to it and considering doing the LvD event on more than one server to get some unlocks and run with the event, but now it is a lot more of a side line than the main event like it was before. I will likely do just enough to get the full titles etc that are guaranteed for the event on my main server and stop there.

Edited by Jerba

My question is the Heroic reward pack is listed in achievement rewards. So are you able to receive that reward on multiple characters like say the Star Fortress Commander mount? I have leveled 2 characters to 25 to check and I am currently not able to is this also a bug or working as intended?

My question is the Heroic reward pack is listed in achievement rewards. So are you able to receive that reward on multiple characters like say the Star Fortress Commander mount? I have leveled 2 characters to 25 to check and I am currently not able to is this also a bug or working as intended?

No, you don't get the packs from the achievement, they are sent to you via in-game mail when you complete the achievement. Otherwise, it would be possible to do the event on multiple servers and gain packs multiple times.

And no, right-clicking on the item in the achievement does nothing, there is no way to get more copies of those packs.

Looks like the unlock works for mounts:

The Desler mount I got was marked bound but unlocked in collections when i used it, so maybe they fixed it earlier? Unless it's only the armor sets that are bugged. I'm not equipping the Revan stuff until I get the rest of the outfit, so I didn't test the armor unlocking.

But I believe it's because mounts are unlocked when you use the item (and get the mount added as an ability). Going on a whim here, it may unlock correctly for pets as well. But armor sets, color crystals and toys appear to be bugged.

This was the same issue with the Holiday vendor. Remember, they added all the prior CM items to a vendor. The mounts would unlock in collections, but the armor and stuff would not unlock. It appears they have never fixed the bug, or (and what's probably more accurate), they wrote the article incorrectly, forgetting a "not".

I did some testing with a armor set I had laying around 2 days before 4.6 and the event came out. I remember with 4.0 they added to where you could have different armor pieces on different characters and it would still unlock in collections. Previously you had to get each and EVERY piece on one character to unlock it. Disliked that and loved the change. But when I tested it a couple of days ago before the patch came out, it did not unlock unlock in collections. And yes I testing it by using and binding the bracers and belt on one character, and then switch over to another and binding the rest, it did not unlock. When I went and bought the bracer and belt and bound them to the character that had the other pieces, it then unlocked. I knew this was incoming, hence the packs were of less use to me. (As I have most armor sets, crystals and mounts already and the only ones I don't have I can say with almost 100%, more like 99% certaincy, that I will not get those and get copies of many things I already have and then can not do anything with.

I also heard that decos drop from them? Can this be confirmed? Wish decos would drop that I don't have or non ugly ones, but I doubt it, as I always seem to have horrid RNG in many of the online games I play.

Hopefully something down the line can be done for people that have armor sets or crystals get copies of things they already have can exchange for something else they don't have? Just a thought. Thanks Eric for checking and please let us know what you, or the devs, find out.

I also heard that decos drop from them? Can this be confirmed? Wish decos would drop that I don't have or non ugly ones, but I doubt it, as I always seem to have horrid RNG in many of the online games I play.

Yes, I can confirm decorations. Might be complete coincidence, but I got an Oriconian Standing Torch and a Planter: Oriconian Stalk, so I'm thinking an Oricon theme. Shame they're bound, or that would be a few million credits right there.

Also, I can confirm that color crystals are not being added to Collections (luckily trash in my case) and, as per OP, partial armor sets aren't registering. Vehicles, however, are definately added on unlock.

Edited by zogfish

No, you don't get the packs from the achievement, they are sent to you via in-game mail when you complete the achievement. Otherwise, it would be possible to do the event on multiple servers and gain packs multiple times.

And no, right-clicking on the item in the achievement does nothing, there is no way to get more copies of those packs.

Since all the achievements are legacy-based (and not account based), then why couldn't you get packs each time you did the achievement on a new server?

Edit: Ok, I just went searching for the answer to this question and found this on the Dark Vs. Light Event page:

REWARDS ARE LIMITED TO ONE SET PER SWTOR ACCOUNT. SUBSEQUENT COMPLETIONS OF CHALLENGES WILL NOT GRANT ADDITIONAL REWARDS.
Edited by CloudCastle

as shown in the Customer Service ticket convo, I received yesterday at lvl 25 amongst the items, an Orange-Red crit crystal that I equipped in mainhand and didn't get the popup that I unlocked it. I posted a ticket hoping it was a bug - the response was not what I expected.

however, today at lvl 50 I got couple of armor sets that are missing 2-3 pieces to complete (I'll try completing them tomorrow to see if it unlocks), BUT I got from the crates a crimson-red war hero crystal (which I did not equip AT ALL-playing dps), and a Desler da-5 mount that I unlocked on that char - both the crystal and the mount got added to collections and is available for purchase via CC.

So, as Tait mentioned earlier, don't worry bout the issue that much - should be fixed hopefully soon. I heard some ppl are not opening their crates till this issue is adressed.

Will update when I got more info

Are the armor set items you receive meant to unlock even if you don't get the full set? Because they are kind of useless if they don't unlock given they are BOP on toons that are supposed to be disposable.

Yes they are ment to, but as Eric said its a bug right. Ok here is the story.

Before 4.0 in order to unlock a armor set in your account you had to get EVERY armor piece on ONE character and bind each piece. After 4.0 they added it to where it didn't matter that you had one piece bound on one character and another piece on another character, just bind all 5-7 pieces of the armor to your account and then BOOM it unlocked.

But....somewhere between 4.1 and 4.5 it broke and now its back to the way it way before 4.0. Which means the armor you get from the L&D event boxes are basicly uselss (course they are useless to me anyways because I have most everything form them anyways.) because you need to get the entire armor set on that character to unlock the set, but you cant considering they are BoP.

But like Eric said they are looking at it and investigating.

But I don't expect any change or reversion. I knew this was incoming anyways because I did some testing 2 days before the event came out. So just make sure you have your expectations set to realistic. Thursday livestream will be the make or break point for a lot of people, not just myself.

I have good news! :)

https://s31.postimg.org/bvg18dirf/yupee.png

I got the upper body armor and lower body armor from the event pack, and I purchased headpiece, belt and bracers from GTN then equipped it on THE character I got the stuff on!

So, the stuff you get from Dark/Light side packs DO unlock in collections - SOME items are yet buggy but I'm hoping it will be adressed and fixed soon.

I was pretty much willing to give up on the event after getting to Legacy, but now I feel that I should grind some more... oh ~JOY~!

I have good news! :)

https://s31.postimg.org/bvg18dirf/yupee.png

I got the upper body armor and lower body armor from the event pack, and I purchased headpiece, belt and bracers from GTN then equipped it on THE character I got the stuff on!

So, the stuff you get from Dark/Light side packs DO unlock in collections - SOME items are yet buggy but I'm hoping it will be adressed and fixed soon.

I was pretty much willing to give up on the event after getting to Legacy, but now I feel that I should grind some more... oh ~JOY~!

I wonder if you found out a workaround with that...its likely that the packs just dont trigger the collections unlock check since they already come bop. By purchasing a non-bound part of the set and binding it, it may trigger the check and unlock the collection (after of course verifying that you have the rest of the set bound to you).