Maintenance: 28 June 2016

TaitWatson

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, portable cargo holds is kind of meh.. given we can all pretty much teleport to a stronghold and back again at any time... but it certainly will be enjoyed by some. Still.. not a bad QoL feature to add.

Love the ability to reduce companion influence feed times. A bit late though, IMO.

As for noting in the notes about the event... ummm.. they did a who coverage of that last week, which frankly was more complete then typically patch notes are. My guess is there will be some note in the patch notes about it when it goes live, but it's not going to address the demands for clarifications by some. Clarifications will probably come out after the patch.

Edited by Andryah

New Event: Dark vs. Light! Join a galactic event and choose between the dark side and the light side to earn epic rewards in celebration of SWTOR’s 5-year anniversary!
I'm sorry, no. SWTOR's five-year anniversary is on December 20th of this year, over five months away.

I'm sorry, no. SWTOR's five-year anniversary is on December 20th of this year, over five months away.

The rewards such as the companion are given at the end of the event, which has not had a clear time frame set yet apart from it starts on the 28th and runs for a few months.

Could be that it will run through to the 5th anniversary.

Edited by Vhaegrant

Well, portable cargo holds is kind of meh.. given we can all pretty much teleport to a stronghold and back again at any time... but it certainly will be enjoyed by some. Still.. not a bad QoL feature to add.

Love the ability to reduce companion influence feed times. A bit late though, IMO.

As for noting in the notes about the event... ummm.. they did a who coverage of that last week, which frankly was more complete then typically patch notes are. My guess is there will be some note in the patch notes about it when it goes live, but it's not going to address the demands for clarifications by some. Clarifications will probably come out after the patch.

Legacy portable cargo hold will be lot useful for people with long loading screens

The companion gift giving perk looks very useful! And it will make it so much faster to use those hundreds of courting gifts I have stashed on the love interests of the new LvsD event characters I'm making!

Oh wait . . . . :(

Edited by Gwena

The rewards such as the companion are given at the end of the event, which has not had a clear time frame set yet apart from it starts on the 28th and runs for a few months.

Could be that it will run through to the 5th anniversary.

No one is participating in the LS/DS event "in celebration of SWTOR’s 5-year anniversary"

No one is participating in the LS/DS event "in celebration of SWTOR’s 5-year anniversary"

I wasn't commenting on whether anyone would be playing it, just that it's duration is unknown at this time and may well run up to the actual anniversary date.

I wasn't commenting on whether anyone would be playing it, just that it's duration is unknown at this time and may well run up to the actual anniversary date.

But that's what the note claims.

New Event: Dark vs. Light! Join a galactic event and choose between the dark side and the light side to earn epic rewards in celebration of SWTOR’s 5-year anniversary!

Patch notes are up, nothing new about the event...

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/6282016/game-update-4.6-gemini-deception

Oh, this one is just priceless...

New Character Perk: Companion Gift Cast Time Reduction! Reduce the use time of Companion Gifts by 20% per level (up to 60%). This perk is purchasable in the Legacy UI.

Another basic Quality of Experience improvement turned into a purchasable unlock.

EA/Bioware, you never cease to amaze us with your ability to "service" customers.

Oh, this one is just priceless...

Another basic Quality of Experience improvement turned into a purchasable unlock.

EA/Bioware, you never cease to amaze us with your ability to "service" customers.

All those perks are purchasable with credits aswell. Your point is?

So how do you know the event won't run for 6 months up to the 5th anniversary?

Doesn't matter if it does or not, nothing about this event that I've seen so far has any relation to SWTOR's anniversary. They aren't correlating it with the anniversary, so they shouldn't be pretending that it's related -- 'cuz it's not. It would be like them telling players that 4.4 was in celebration of Star Wars Day (May 4th). 4.4 being released one day prior to May 4th does not mean it's connected to it or celebrating it.

Edited by idnewton

All those perks are purchasable with credits aswell. Your point is?

The point is; Why not just reduce the time globally and have us not pay anything (cc or creds) for it?

I don't even mind that so much, though. I just want to be able to give stacks. That's a perk that would make a real difference.

The point is; Why not just reduce the time globally and have us not pay anything (cc or creds) for it?

I don't even mind that so much, though. I just want to be able to give stacks. That's a perk that would make a real difference.

Because they don't want to fix the inflation inGame so just more moneysinks.

Doesn't matter if it does or not, nothing about this event that I've seen so far has any relation to SWTOR's anniversary. They aren't correlating it with the anniversary, so they shouldn't be pretending that it's related -- 'cuz it's not. It would be like them telling players that 4.4 was in celebration of Star Wars Day (May 4th). 4.4 being released one day prior to May 4th does not mean it's connected to it or celebrating it.

But the patch note is about the event and that clearly places it in relation to the 5th anniversary celebration.

You'll definitely get poor after that 250k purchase, at most.