Rate the Light Dark side event

LordAppius

Yeah, things seem more lively in starter areas, but my general feeling is that this event has gone down like a lead balloon. I don't think they event itself is the sole reason, but it's a mix of little new group content for a while and very short chapters for the expansions piled on top. It comes off as just an attempt to stretch content as far as possible while squeezing money out of people. Kind of sad in many ways.

The low level planets have been 2-3x more populated than usual, and that is while people are also playing the new chapter and grinding the Gree event. That doesn't sound like a lead balloon to me.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The low level planets have been 2-3x more populated than usual, and that is while people are also playing the new chapter and grinding the Gree event. That doesn't sound like a lead balloon to me.

was on ilum and the gree event for the most part was dead. picked up a little but no where what it used to be. the new chapter stuff was an initial wave and has died down as well. but that is to be expected given how short it actually was. and the starter worlds are meh.day one 5 instances. day 2 and 3 1 to 2 full instances and that was it. i will add many never went back to those old starter worlds well because they had 15 plus 65s, but if you did there usually were 2 instances up and running with people.

so over all the event is a lead balloon. i think as more people push to 50 on the character they started they will realizze just how poor the event really is and drop out of it.

Most of the items that are dropping are items you'd consider to be "Junk items" from packs, items I can purchase from the GTN for 100k or less, We're getting double or more of the same speeders, crystals and armour sets. All these items are bound making it even less useful, at least make some of this stuff bind to legacy?

They should have made it where items didn't repeat or bound to legacy instead of character. What do they expect us to do with copies of the same thing!?

I've been working on new character to get to level 25 for LvD. She's up to level 16 and just made it to Coruscant.

So far the event has been just like running Ord Mantell all over again.

Perhaps smaller tier intervals could have made the lower levels feel more like it's part of the event instead of 25 levels to complete before the event rewards start. Level 10 you get something, level 20 you get something, level 30 you get something, etc.

was on ilum and the gree event for the most part was dead. picked up a little but no where what it used to be. the new chapter stuff was an initial wave and has died down as well. but that is to be expected given how short it actually was. and the starter worlds are meh.day one 5 instances. day 2 and 3 1 to 2 full instances and that was it. i will add many never went back to those old starter worlds well because they had 15 plus 65s, but if you did there usually were 2 instances up and running with people.

so over all the event is a lead balloon. i think as more people push to 50 on the character they started they will realizze just how poor the event really is and drop out of it.

Yeah nothing has really changed much from the serve status page, those that were light remain light.

They nerfed the pay out from heroics, and offered free lock boxes for grinding to level 25. I may be crazy but it seems the event isn't so much about getting new players as to get people to create new characters. Which means they can use metrics to show how popular the event has been even if it hasn't increased the games profits.