Sith Marauders... Underpowered?

Finarato

Rage is more fluid. Once I tried it out I never had a desire to respec to anything else.

7% more damage reduction from the spec. A heal when you use your cc break. A 40% runspeed buff when using Obliterate. Shorter cooldowns. Higher crit chance. Uninteruptable ravage.

Just alternate charge/choke and obliterate/crush so you can get the 100% crit 100% extra damage smash several times a minute.

Use relic + bloodthirst along with smash and make kids cry.

The reason people are forcing themselves to be annih or carnage is because Rage is the "shared tree". For some reason it bothers them.

Annihilate isn't worth using over VSlash. Bleed scaling and mechanics are unappealing.

Gore is awful with it's duration and if you've actually gotten it off once you used up your burst you hit like a wet noodle.

Edited by Kricys

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rage is more fluid. Once I tried it out I never had a desire to respec to anything else.

7% more damage reduction from the spec. A heal when you use your cc break. A 40% runspeed buff when using Obliterate. Shorter cooldowns. Higher crit chance. Uninteruptable ravage.

Just alternate charge/choke and obliterate/crush so you can get the 100% crit 100% extra damage smash several times a minute.

Use relic + bloodthirst along with smash and make kids cry.

The reason people are forcing themselves to be annih or carnage is because Rage is the "shared tree". For some reason it bothers them.

Annihilate isn't worth using over VSlash. Bleed scaling and mechanics are unappealing.

Gore is awful with it's duration and if you've actually gotten it off once you used up your burst you hit like a wet noodle.

I'm sold on trying out the rage tree. I've been climbing the Carnage tree slowly and got pretty used to my rotation in PvE, but I still find pretty solid gaps in waiting for CDs and not having enough rage to hit.

I'm only 24, but I want to respec and get learning a new tree sooner than later. Can you post the rage build you recommend?

Thanks alot!

Yep, we have way too many tools at our disposal. Getting any kind of buff would make us ridiculous. Carnage and Annihilation could use tweaks tho.

Seems everyone just wants godmode and lots of stuns tho.

First of props to you. Thats pretty fricken amazing. I dont doubt our class. Its such a boss class. Yes, there is nothing you can do about getting focused down... hell no including all other classes can do anything about getting focused down. Were not gods, were not fury warriors from WoW. We are Burst. Dont go after vanguards,juggs,powertechs,guardians.. etc. We can take them, but why waist time? I presume Kricys is rage. But seriously go after the cloths. Im only level 24, but played alot in many beta weekends and just understand the class and am a forum whore with grammar issues.

Think you should share some enlightenment with me on your spec and play style? Go ahead and send me a pm if you do, dont see the need to flame anymore on here. But I would love to hear more and better myself in pvp.

EDIT - Yep hes rage :p

Edited by TheIrishRy

• 1 month later...
What tree are you spec'd in? I'd like to do more than 150k which seems to be what I'm stuck at. I have mostly Champion PVP gear so I don't believe the gear is the problem. I've been thinking about changing to Carnage.

NM, I should have read through the whole post. :)

Thanks for posting your spec.

i'd have to disagree, and so would my mates who pvp with me. Go carnage, get a pocket healer. Use your defensive cd's at the right time and you will steamroll through groups of jedi .

I can see why people complain, its really annoying when you get focused all the time and bla bla, but remember your not a fury warrior from wow, your more like a fury paperdoll. You just need to have an iq, bind ~20 skills and dont mindlessly tunnel targets. You can pretty much kill light-medium armor targets in less than 8 globals.

O well, if we get buffed im going to have great fun for a week or 2, untill they then realise we were already abit op and nerf us even more than we are now. If people would l2p instead of spending all their time crying on forums then they would get to lvl 50 and realise how well your moves compliment each other.

everyone can do well with a pocket healer, i shouldNT be obliged to have a pocket healer!

Edited by darth_billy

Sounds like your just mad you have to press the 'w' key more than other classes. why do you complain about ultility when you have vanish, which depending on which tree your in can either remove snares or remove dmg, we also have a 5sec dmg imunity, a 90% miss chance on 1 target, a 20% dmg reduction which actually damage people hitting you which can last 30seconds, a aoe fear which is lovely to have when your getting 2v1'ed. not to mention a ridiculously long *** charge which doesnt need pathing (thank god).

Also, if you have an IQ you can use their knockbacks as an advantage to yourself, sure sometimes you'll get knocked to africa, but most times im smart enough to be in a good spot.

the 5 sec dmg immune is amazing if you have some serious biochem stuff to back it up.

the 90% miss chance on 1 target(obfuscate) has no effect on force and tech damage witch happens to be the 2 primary dmg sources of ranged players

all them agreat skill and very halpfull, but not as much as you imply.

Edited by darth_billy

the other team had so many desserters and it is definetly a wz before lv50 bracket.

the problem with mara is 60% l2p and 40% the class itself. assume you l2p a different calls aswell as mara , i sure you will get better number with less effort.

Edited by darth_billy

And today's Necro'd Thread of the Day Award goes to....

Guys, this thread is 2 months old and from pre-50 WZ's. As well, they guy who posted that 400K+ Screenshot just posted a 700K+ one in another thread. Get with the program... ;)

I really enjoyed playing a Maurader all the way to 50, but in my opinion either the force users are way under powered or the blaster classes are way over powered. I say this because when I watched the movies or even any of the EU stuff I've read or saw, Force users pretty much march through troopers and bounty hunters smugglers and agents without too much trouble. Even in episode 3 a young teen maybe 13 or 14 year old jedi took out at least half a dozen clones if not more before being cut down by overwhelming numbers. Mace Windu a top notch jedi took out Jango Fett a top notch bounty hunter without even trying in episode 2. Obi-Wan didn't struggle with the renegade in the cantina and he was old and rusty well past his prime and the battle was over in seconds. This does not translate in game Force users are often at a disadvantage. The disparity doesn't need to be as bad as in the movies, but a little closer would be nice. a friend and I struggled at times completing the Inquisitor/warrior story lines to completion. so far as an agent/bounty hunter combo we are marching through quests that we struggled through as sith with ease.

It seems the numbers for all marauder specs were just tuned a bit too low. I expect we will be seeing them turned up a bit in an incommming patch.

yeah they had nerfed them bad from early beta out of fear of them being too op because the masses would flock to jedi and sith. They seem to have over done it on the tuning down though...

• 3 months later...

Way underpowered, in PvP, PvE, does not matter. I've gotten my marauder to level 48 and after defeat after defeat I have to give up.

I'm using him with my healer companion. I've used my alts to max out all his gear with purple armor, mods and enhancements for both the marauder and the healing companion and I'm still getting my *** kicked in quests.

I've become so frustrated that I've put 48 levels into this and cant finish the story that I'm seriously thinking about just quitting the game altogether. There's no way for me to switch to Jiuggernaut now, and I'm not rolling a new toon to repeat 48 levels of missions.

It's just sad. But, this is just one more of the many little things that this game just does not do right.

I had such high hopes for ToR but just like SWG, it's gotten to the point where the game just makes me sad.

Way underpowered, in PvP, PvE, does not matter. I've gotten my marauder to level 48 and after defeat after defeat I have to give up.

I'm using him with my healer companion. I've used my alts to max out all his gear with purple armor, mods and enhancements for both the marauder and the healing companion and I'm still getting my *** kicked in quests.

I've become so frustrated that I've put 48 levels into this and cant finish the story that I'm seriously thinking about just quitting the game altogether. There's no way for me to switch to Jiuggernaut now, and I'm not rolling a new toon to repeat 48 levels of missions.

It's just sad. But, this is just one more of the many little things that this game just does not do right.

I had such high hopes for ToR but just like SWG, it's gotten to the point where the game just makes me sad.

You're clearly doing something wrong... I finished my class quest at level 48. Done all of the quests in Corelia with one friend, done everything in Voss/Belsavis by myself. Wrecking havoc at lowbies PVP as well. Please do state in details your build and gears. Thanks

You're clearly doing something wrong... I finished my class quest at level 48. Done all of the quests in Corelia with one friend, done everything in Voss/Belsavis by myself. Wrecking havoc at lowbies PVP as well. Please do state in details your build and gears. Thanks

Will do. Please give me a few minutes to get the data. I would LOVE to see what I am doing wrong here.

Yeah, you're doing something wrong, you don't need purples, but you do need the correct stats of blues, AND make sure Quinn in in the best (blue and green) Cunning gear you can find... I only geared him up with quest reward gear.

and the entire time I was leveling, I was 3-4 levels below my quests and mobs,... only because I didn't do any FPs along the way.

This thread made my day. From my 6 characters, marauder leveled up the fastest. I did about 8-10 levels an evening, getting him from 1 to 40 in about 5 days. I gave Vette two orange blasters and spended my commendations on hilts for me and barrels for her. Standart pack of mobs get cleaned in about 10 seconds. Only Commando/Mercenary can do it faster, when their 4 AoEs are off cooldowns.

I also PvPed a lot, and usually that was wins to me. Yesterday I used Undying Rage for the first time in PvP, killing a sentinel and then killing a commando in a row. He stunned me using Tech Override and Sap and healed himself to 60% HP, but I just roflstomped him when I was at 5% HP using Undying Rage. I had double damage in comparison to second top DPSer on that WZ.

This class is so scary. It certanly has issues: your utility is somewhat limited to choke, roots (if Carnage) and predation; you are focused a lot because people *know* how bad you are; ranged abilities are limited. But I know that, just like my guardian, my mara would get Dispatch and AoE stun soon, and that would outlift my troubles with utility. Really powerful class, it's DPS to an extreme. Must admit - also fun to play, because of speed and ferocity it puts out on a battlefield. Truly one and only berserker class.

Edited by Shadenuat

• 2 weeks later...
Seriously...since 1.2 marauders have become absolutely garbage in pvp when compared to the ridiculous damage that smugglers and scoundrels are pulling off. it's assinine that even in full battlemaster gear they can still be 2 shotted. Or take troopers for instance. They have a hell of alot more cc abilities than a bh. If you want to gripe about the damage they lack of doing it's 1. they're too squishy. and 2. most of the healers don't bother to heal them.