can't seem to summon Bowdaar?

jamiemcd

Ok so i just finished doing 10 rounds with a friend on the eternal championship then i did the story quest for him and after I have returned to the allience base. I talked to the smuggler and then after all of that was out of the way I just could'nt summon him for unknown reason was there some thing else i have missed?

Ok so i just finished doing 10 rounds with a friend on the eternal championship then i did the story quest for him and after I have returned to the allience base. I talked to the smuggler and then after all of that was out of the way I just could'nt summon him for unknown reason was there some thing else i have missed?

Nah.. it's just bugged, same thing happened to me on the second char I did it with. Bowdaar stands in the base but is still listed under "alliance recruits" and unsummonable :rolleyes:

If you reset (not abadon) the mission, log out then log back in you can talk to Bowdaar at the bar again without loosing any influence. Just go though all the convos and he will appear outside the pit, then you can do your practice with him and complete the mission with no problem.

If you reset (not abadon) the mission, log out then log back in you can talk to Bowdaar at the bar again without loosing any influence. Just go though all the convos and he will appear outside the pit, then you can do your practice with him and complete the mission with no problem.

I'm pretty sure he means after finishing the mission when you return to the base and talk to Hylo, mission is completed but Bowdaar is still stuck in "alliance recruits" and there's nothing to do really other then submit a ticket..

So I had an answer from CS, the suggested workaround was to reset phases.. what phases? The mission is done.

I was also told it was a known bug, they couldn't help and it would be fixed in a "future patch" :rolleyes:

Same here.

On my smuggler character, I got Bowdaar to influence rank 50 just after we learned he would be the recruitable companion with the Eternal Championship when it was first announced, so before it was delayed for several chapters, i.e. just after the New Year.

I decided to do the KOTFE story on my smuggler on Saturday night, June 5th, so after Chapter 14 went live and long after the Eternal Championship and the Freedom Fight alliance alert mission was live.

I went through the entire mission, fighting with Bowdaar in the final mission to free the slaves, and he joined the Alliance (rejoined my crew). I completed the mission all through the final conversation with Hylo Visz. In the Interactions section of the window, it states Bowdaar has agreed to join my alliance. However, he remains in the "Contacts" section, not under "Followers." If I choose "Travel to Contact," it brings me to the smuggler's hangar of my base but there is no Bowdaar NPC there. Bowdaar is no longer in the Platform 6 cantina on Zakuul either. I cannot summon him nor can I use him for crew skills. This is incredibly disappointing as my time and investment into getting him to rank 50 is for nought if he cannot be summoned or used in crew skills.

There's a couple other threads about the same bug:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=884992

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=8959248

They're all from folks doing the alliance alert this week, but some don't specify if they are smugglers or if they had him at rank 50 or not.

Edited by phalczen

So I had an answer from CS, the suggested workaround was to reset phases.. what phases? The mission is done.

I was also told it was a known bug, they couldn't help and it would be fixed in a "future patch" :rolleyes:

It' might be because people get stuck in the part where they have to talk to Bowdaar for the arena bouts. They can see the quest marker but he's not there. A phase reset clears that up. I know this is going to surprise the socks off you, but the CS didn't understand what you were saying.

This bug is after all that has finished, we're back at our base, his info page says he's joined our alliance, he's physically standing in it and we've had the final conversation with Hylo, but he's still in the Alliance recruit section of the companion and contacts window and can't be summoned. He's staring pretty gumpily at the Arena quest event ... post... thing .... so maybe he's sulking until they move it further away from him. There is nothing we can do that I can see, and given all the tickets everyone must have put in about it I'm sure the fix will be coming soon enough.

Edited by Rantank

• Dev Post

Hey there,

The team is currently investigating reports of being unable to summon Bowdaar. We will update this thread with any updates!

-eric

Hey there,

The team is currently investigating reports of being unable to summon Bowdaar. We will update this thread with any updates!

-eric

Now it is July 10, so 3 days later are we going to get an update? We did the content for the Eternal Championship, so when are we going to get the 'reward?' We know Bowdarr is 'just a shell' of all the other companions, but many people wanted a wookiee companion.

As to add to this..

Why does it take 3 days for any kind of reply to any thread from anyone on the dev team? EA/Bioware are large companies, so one would think there would be a lot more conversations between the devs and players. It's gotten to be a post once or twice a week, usually "we are looking at it" or "restarting server.", which are NOT real conversations.

Hey there,

-eric

Thank you for acknowledging the problem Eric. It is good to know that you are on the case.

Just to add my experience - this is only on characters that recruited him in the last week, and he remains in the Alliance Recruits section instead of the Other Followers section, even though the details say 'Bowdaar joined your alliance as a follower'.

In the mean time, please can you tell us if it is worth us recruiting Bowdaar on characters that do not have him yet? I am reluctant to do it before it is fixed if I am only going to have to do it all again.

Same exact issue happened to me and a friend. I have Bowdaar on other characters and did not have this issue. Why is it so sporadic that it bugs out on certain characters? The only thing I can think of that was different from my other characters is when I went into my base it tried to start the newest chapter. I escaped the chapter and talked to Hylo to complete the Bowdaar quest. Now he just stands there. Can't summon him at all. He is listed as "alliance recruit" . Put in a CSR ticket and got the same results as others who have posted. Edited by Swingkittie

• 2 weeks later...
Hey there,

-eric

It's been 2 1/2 weeks. I know there are other companion bugs out there that have been around for months, like the voice over issues, but can we get an update on this?

Bowdaar's unavailable on my Knight as well. Finished all of the Eternal Championship in one go, completed his recruitment mission, he's standing in the Alliance base, but he's still listed in the "Alliance Recruit" section and can't be summoned. Edited by BenKatarn