Feedback on Powertech changes with patch 4.5. Devs, please read.

Cortimi

Pretty funny how you can tell the developers of a game how they intended to make their own game. Just because you don't like changes, or the class isn't as YOU envisioned doesn't mean that's what the developers envisioned as well. You're not a mind reader. Deal with it.

Are they the same devs, I wonder?

Pretty sure there's at least somewhat of a revolving door thing going, with just enough institutional memory to not forget to **** on BH/Troop every now and then.

(Which reminds me, aren't we about due for another HealToFull debacle, only for Mercs?)

3) Missile Blast: again not used in any AP rotation even during the 2.0 state of the game.

Missile blast is only useful to pre-lvl 10 BHs. Even with the execute buff I/O Mercs get it generates too much heat and does less dmg that Rail/Mag shot. As for PTs it actually has better burst dmg than flame burst but all of the spec buffs trigger off of flame burst.

If they really wanted pt/vangards to play in melee range the they should have done this in stead.

class change

pt/vangard

new passaive skill bladestaff.

Able to use all vio/tech blade and staffs (inc vio knife, staffs, eg; every melee hardpoint weapon, no light sabers)

new skill hit me. replaces that free range basic skill 5m range. (instead of shooting use melee weapon).

probleim solved !!!

• 2 weeks later...

I dislike 10m railshot very much.

It is the same kind of railshot that merc's are using as well (save for the OH component).

10m on a formerly incredibly versatile class is surprisingly restrictive. I get out of range messages all the time while trying to shoot stuff, swapping targets, running to next target etc. I did not do much tanking yet, I can only imagine how off things would be with such an important ability for agro and mitigation.

Another conundrum. I can proc RS from out of the RS usage range with explosive dart? So I can get the proc but I cannot use it, great.

Destroying quality of life aspects is a bad idea. Class was in a phenomenal spot in terms of versatility, now it is slowly being reversed with flawed logic (same RS abilities having different ranges).

In time maybe I will start to feel the balance, with charge added in. Atm though the frequency of me having to re-close in and spamm lousy rapid shots while charge is on cd is rather high. Makes me remember why true melee is rather annoying to play who don't even get a 30m basic attack.

• 3 weeks later...
http://www.swtor.com/holonet/classes/trooper/vanguard

Vanguard

Fighting Style: Assault Rifle, Heavy Armor

Tactical Role(s): Ranged Tank; Close-Quarters Damage

Unstoppable and utterly fearless, Vanguards are the first and best line of defense in the Republic Military.

And as far as tanks go, you're still the one with the most ranged of all. By far. But 'ranged tank' has always been misleading, they never could actually tank at more than 10m.

Yes, and again, powertechs have always been a melee to 10m dps at heart, regardless of how they marketed them. One move being changed from 30m to 10m barely changes anything for them in PvE, and not that bad of a nerf for PvP.

Ok,

http://www.swtor.com/holonet/classes/bounty-hunter/powertech

Powertech

Fighting Style: Improved Flamethrower, Heavy Armor

Tactical Role(s): Ranged Tank, Ranged Damage, Close-Quarters Damage

This is from their own web pages.

The way agro works in this game ranged tank is pure nonsense. The only way to keep ahead of melees would be to hold the boss permanently taunted.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.