Secret Companion HK-51

reselath

So I've been doing some research and I have found there is a secret companion you can get known as HK-51. He is a hunter-killer droid like HK-47.

I did some searching on Hoth where the quest that is supposed to be given, and no quest giver was there.

Is he a rare spawn or something of sort, or is the quest not yet implemented because I would enjoy having this companion.

Edited by reselath

• 3 weeks later...
I heard he is not implimented yet, but when I ask on the chat, I can never get a straight answer.... Everyone says they have him, but no one wants to show him to me nor can they give me a diffinitive answer on how they found him. One even went as far as saying he was friends with the devs and they leaked it to him, but he wasn't supposed to tell...

He is HK-47; he is rebuilt by Malgus.

And he's in a high level flashpoint.

And I highly recomend using [ spoiler ] tags...

So I wonder why Malgus renamed it hk-51 if he is really hk-47. Strange but still would be a nice thing to get. too bad the ship droid isn't this cool.........:)

I heard he is not implimented yet, but when I ask on the chat, I can never get a straight answer.... Everyone says they have him, but no one wants to show him to me nor can they give me a diffinitive answer on how they found him. One even went as far as saying he was friends with the devs and they leaked it to him, but he wasn't supposed to tell...

All those people were trolling you. If someone had it, they would be standing around at the fleet somewhere bragging about it.

I heard it was removed before launch, which seems most likely.

All those people were trolling you. If someone had it, they would be standing around at the fleet somewhere bragging about it.

I heard it was removed before launch, which seems most likely.

There was a developer post about this topic. He is not in the game for players.

Edited by TheCheatz

Hey guys,

The developer post on this topic can be found here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=1519879&postcount=72

Hey folks,

I just wanted to clarify: There is no quest for an HK companion currently in the game. I have seen people claiming sightings but these are incorrect. The information you're seeing is from data mining sites that deep dive into files that - as many of you correctly pointed out - are often shells for future work or parts of the game that were removed. Always read any of these with a healthy degree of skepticism.

Hope that helps!

Daniel Erickson

We hope that clarifies things. Thank you!

• 1 month later...
It would seem that from reading everyone's posts as well as some developer comments that the HK-51 quest is something that will come along in the future. Given the facts that we have, including a locked quest gate that is the best assumption.

Welcome to last month ...

Do some more digging. More or less it is confirmed that HK is coming up in a future patch and we all get our own personal assassin droid. From what i have found Imp HK is so much more amusing than the pacified Pub HK.

Until it releases it is pure speculation as it is data mined information and always subject to change. However, based on that information, it currently looks like Patch 1.3 is where we may see him.