To be or not to be Manalorian?

kladza

I have never gotten far enough into the Bounty Hunter story to make this decision, but I imagine I would turn Mandalore down. My headcanon Bounty Hunter is a hard-nosed, ruthless son of a gun who became a mercenary purely and simply for the money. That, and his professional reputation, are all he cares about (and he only cares about the latter because wrecking it might imperil his pursuit of the former). He's not interested in honor, and if he was, he wouldn't have gone into a profession that calls for killing and kidnapping people for the highest bidder.

Is it allowed for mandalorians to back up from their duty. For example the mandalorian women that is a companion for the Smuggler had her family clan wiped out while she did responded in kind as a ****** the clan of her husband refused to help her and she said that they had to help her according to mandalorian tradition but refused as they where scared of the imperials. Is that not a cardinal sin for the mandalorians?

Probably not. While other Mandalorians might look down on them for not fighting, others might not fault them for avoiding this particular fight. Consider this: if this particular clan of Mandalorians goes up against the Empire, then the Empire would, in all likelihood, do their utmost best to obliterate them from the face of the galaxy. And by sheer virtue of superior numbers and firepower, they would be able to accomplish this. By going against the Empire, they would endanger their lives, the lives of their children, and the continued existence of their clan. While it's not exactly the "honorable" thing to do, no Mandalorian would be able to justly fault them for choosing not to go towards their probably certain doom.

Also consider: the Mandalorians and Imperials are loosely allied together. But the Mandalorians, though fierce and powerful warriors, are incredibly disadvantaged towards the Empire which has significantly more resources, a huge fleet, ruthless Sith, and many, many soldiers. There are many Imperials who see Mandalorians as savages. Useful savages, but savages nonetheless. If one Mandalorian clan fought against the Imperials, they could very easily go to war against ALL Mandalorians in retaliation. They would have no problem committing complete genocide against them. Now, before anyone says that I'm not giving the Mandalorians credit- the fight would be very difficult for the Imperials. The Mandalorians would band together and wage all out war, which they are exceptionally good at. So yes, the Imperial casualties would be high, but they would still win the war.

In short- no, choosing not to fight the Imperials and possibly cause an all-out war would NOT be a cardinal sin. Cowardly? Perhaps, depending on who you ask. Smart? Absolutely. Akaavi is understandably upset by this since her entire family was killed, but she also isn't thinking very rationally about the situation because her family was killed.

The BH I have is a Mando and the conversation you've mentioned wasn't in the romance. At this point I don't think they'll be going back and adding it in again. I doubt its a high priority; especially since they're trying to move forward in the story with the romances.

What I think will be interesting is Torian's change in status when it comes to the clans. In the blurb they have about the chapter, it says he's become Shae's most trusted comrade; basically second in command to Mandalore. Quite a step up from a traitor's son, huh?

I know, it's silly for me to hope that they add it back in. :( I'm hoping it's just a trigger bug that is easily fixed. Here's a youtube link so you can watch it.

Well, he was the husband of Mandalore's heir. That's pretty up there.

Edited by Cedia

Only under a very specific set of circumstances. It's just as likely that he all but abandoned his clan and went off to hang with his Mando-hating bff/lover for five years or so, until he/she disappeared. I'm guessing that it's his actions in the years the Outlander was gone that earned him his place.

I know, it's silly for me to hope that they add it back in. :( I'm hoping it's just a trigger bug that is easily fixed. Here's a youtube link so you can watch it.

Wait, I remember having this conversation with him, since when it has been bugged? (I'm asking because I wanted to replay the romance with a new BH)

Edited by Maevena

Wait, I remember having this conversation with him, since when it has been bugged? (I'm asking because I wanted to replay the romance with a new BH)

Since 4.0 if you're a female BH you don't get the "Ways of the Warrior" conversation from Torian. Furthermore, if you're Mandalorian, you will not get the correct "The Next Step" conversation (the Mando'a lessons one).

Please feel free to send in a bug report and check out the thread in my sig. I'm quitting in August because of this nonsense.

Male BH's are apparently not bugged, but I've never played one so this is just what I've heard.

Isn't there also supposed to be a conversation where he says he's been practicing a new shot, specifically to impress the (female) BH? I didn't get that one my last time 'round.

On another note, the letter Torian sends you after the latest chapter is AMAZING. My characters may change their minds and have little Mando babies with him after all :D

Isn't there also supposed to be a conversation where he says he's been practicing a new shot, specifically to impress the (female) BH? I didn't get that one my last time 'round.

On another note, the letter Torian sends you after the latest chapter is AMAZING. My characters may change their minds and have little Mando babies with him after all :D

Yeah. Instead of that one, mine changed to him asking for shooting lessons from the BH.

Edited by h_weber

You see I have respect for Madalorians and let me tell you why they will sacrifice their loved ones their planet their people but will not stop from waging war. That takes true conviction if you can not make a weakness of you loved ones that is amazing in my opinion.

You see I have respect for Madalorians and let me tell you why they will sacrifice their loved ones their planet their people but will not stop from waging war. That takes true conviction if you can not make a weakness of you loved ones that is amazing in my opinion.

You should come in France, you'll meet amazing people.

Since my BH is one of my 'compelled to call out the inherent ridiculous' characters, she got fed up pretty fast with the Mandalorian Ways are Best attitude going around, so when she had the chance to turn Mandalore down on his offer, it was like waving a piece of bacon in front of a hungry dog. Her perspective is she's doing what's essentially an ugly but necessary and lucrative job with tracking down and/or killing people for money and dressing it up as anything other than that like how she feels the Mandalorians do with all the excessive tradition, going to war for the sake of war, and borderline Klingon diatrabes about honor is absolutely ridiculous. As she explained to Mako, we're hired by horrible people to go do horrible things to even worse horrible people because it's something that needs doing.

The dialog I got from the previous winners of the Great Hunt after turning Mandalore down pretty much cemented any other BHs I do, will also be turning Mandalore down. As far as Torian goes, I did do the relationship with him because I wanted to see it play out, RP reason I'm rolling with is my BH finds his stoicness attractive.

I just figure Torian's probably facepalming that after resolving the matter in his personal quest, he ends up falling for a woman who serves sarcasm daily.