State of the server

GeromeDoutrande

I am curious what the forum population is thinking about the state of Progenitor population, both short-term and long-term. Do you feel it is going up, stable, going down? Do you have any problems because of the server population being too low or too high now? Do you anticipate any for the future?

ofc it went down significantly, but there are still guilds and people around that also seem to wanna stay. There is a solid GSF player base, although they are pretty much all imp side, but they are communicating and welcome new players.

I still see the same people pvp. Havent pvped for a long time on Prog so not sure how it looks, but probably just premades facerolling the few brave pugs that que for pvp. Also ranked is all about premades and win trading on Prog.

As for guilds and progression opsing, there are a few decent guilds left, like Detoxified Raven Squad, Joint Venture etc, who still raid and even do proggresion (yeah what they didnt manage since 3.0), but groupfinder pops for flashpoints are misserable.

Overall the server will survive, yet it depends on you if you preffer a half empty server over an overcrouded server like TRE.

Yup, I have left the server some time ago too, but keep coming back to see whats up. I always find nothing going on unfortunately, even now in the week of EV HM farming and 100 instances on TRE server I came to Prog to pug it, but no one replied, only 1 or 2 people.

Still Progenitor has survived such things before. Also there are some well grown guilds there and they wont move just like that, mainly if guilships and SHs disappear when you move. They can just wait up for the server merge, if there will be one.

I've been on The Progenitor since the start and in my point of view, the server is in its worst state ever. That said, there are still things happening and it could be much worse. However, it seems that (too) many people left to TRE. I will stay loyal to the end. ;)

Its still quite populated during reset days and weekends with more than 1 instance on fleet. Rest of the week not so much. Rep side seems to have lost a bit of its population but there is still things going on. Plenty of RP guilds and PvX about, if you are looking for that. Its not what it used to be but there will still be people around for activity.

If you wish to do ranked pvp especially solo or GSF the pops are much better on TRE. GTN economy is also much better there , with the 4.0 inflation and exploits things are quite pricey here or simply not available anymore.

But hey at least we aren't as dead as TOFN :D so stay if you have friends or guilds that you like playing with or take the last ride out of here , either way it will be just fine.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm wondering what the newest state of the server is... especially after the transfer sale. I feel like over the last month we've lost a lot of good pub-side pvp'ers. I hope they come back or something because this is getting tedious playing pub pvp with a team full of non-pvp'ers against imp premades. I miss the days a month ago where we held our own, and I had at least a 50-50 win/loss ratio!

Well i ended up moving my main legacy toons and left a few behind to play with friends still here. For PvP its a lot more pops on Red Eclipse and if you wish to do rep pvp / level your valor then that is where you should go. Im fairly certain its the only server with high Republic population out of all EU servers.

There isnt much time left as of this post so you should transfer asap , or at least 1 character so you can build up your legacy from that.

Being a RP server at heart and having such a friendly community, the Prog still offers a unique experience.

Its population is a lot lower than TRE, but a lot higher than TOFN.

Athough most of my toons are now on TRE, I will still be playing on both servers.

• 1 month later...

full of immature trolls messing around and making fun of everything you post or do,random "fat baras" jokes all day ,every year,every week,every month..

then you have the greedy bunch that won't do even the simplest things without demanding 100K or more (like demanding 100 k when a person asks if anyone wants to join a guild) ,guilds are place for you to socialize,not places for you to earn credits O_O.

i love the game,i respect the devs...but the playerbase doesn't act like a community. All they ever do is ruin the fun of the few mature players around.

I am having a hard time finding decent players to have a mature chat with these days. I know like 2 people that act like proper grown ups...and they are my guild co owners.

you can't recruit for your guild,can't talk in general chat or do pretty much anything without getting insulted or made fun of.

THIS HAS TO CHANGE...

full of immature trolls messing around and making fun of everything you post or do,random "fat baras" jokes all day ,every year,every week,every month..

then you have the greedy bunch that won't do even the simplest things without demanding 100K or more (like demanding 100 k when a person asks if anyone wants to join a guild) ,guilds are place for you to socialize,not places for you to earn credits O_O.

i love the game,i respect the devs...but the playerbase doesn't act like a community. All they ever do is ruin the fun of the few mature players around.

I am having a hard time finding decent players to have a mature chat with these days. I know like 2 people that act like proper grown ups...and they are my guild co owners.

you can't recruit for your guild,can't talk in general chat or do pretty much anything without getting insulted or made fun of.

THIS HAS TO CHANGE...

Welcome to the internet, full of keyboard warriors who wouldn't dare say the things they say online to your face!

I've just moved on to The Prog, so.....Hello! :)

i have been working online for many years and while i ain't no softie,while i ain't no "nice guy"...i just can't accept people thinking that just cause they hide behind an account...an avatar,that they can act like complete jerks. If i insult someone,it's with a good reason and not out of pure "fun"

Glad to meet ya,name's gguy...machinima director,scripter,graphics designer,3d designer,metalhead and a hairy bearded biker...at your service.

Edited by Gguyrules

• 4 weeks later...
Been on this server for few years now well iv taken alot of breaks on this game mainly due to huge boredom and lack of content at this point i have too many credits and items in general to actually care to even play the game much...gear is a joke honestly iv done my shair of raids and gotten decent enough gear...but that was mainly with my clan aswell which left to red eclipse. I cannot be bothered to switch servers due to high costs on doing so and i was on a break since KOTFE was released and i finnished it then and now i came back just to finnish the rest really and seeing how the game is in the server and terrible to say the least. Its not empty but honestly it doesnt feel like there is anyone either its just quietness.

• 4 weeks later...
lol yeah there is a small society of life long swtor players who wont stop playing even when the game will be almost shutting down (kinda feels like now). I occasianly login to Prog to talk to friends, its still a nice place and its really interesting that it survives despite other servers dying.

• 2 weeks later...
As a returning player I have to admit I was quite surprised at the decline of the player population. Imp side it isn't as recognizable but Pub side just seems like a wasteland. That could be because I work varied hours and I'm not always on at the same time that every else jumps on, but from what I've seen that side, it still seems pretty dead.

State of the server: Dead.

Looks more and more like it, at least during off-times. When you are the only one in the Rakghoul tunnels, this feels even creepier than usual.

Only diehards who hate each other are left. But we are stuck with each other so we make it work.

I disagree with that. Still plenty of friendly, helpful people out there.