Broken Companions

Shambolic

I actually did do a search for the Blizz and Treek bugs I noted in a post a bit ago and found nothing so I posted. You can add them to this list if wanted. Both sink into the ground when doing the Chiss racial social. I was told there were similar socials that may do the same.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually did do a search for the Blizz and Treek bugs I noted in a post a bit ago and found nothing so I posted. You can add them to this list if wanted. Both sink into the ground when doing the Chiss racial social. I was told there were similar socials that may do the same.

I will add it to the list on the first page.

Has anyone else noticed that the new Torian's speaking animations are missing when you "poke" him? Does this happen with any other returning KotFE characters?

All returning companions seem to have it. I just tested with a Smuggler and Gault, Vette, Aric, and SCORPIO all had it. Kaliyo was giving me 'not eligible for this conversation' when I click on her. Jorgan will only give one line, no matter how many times I click on him.

Edited by leviathanmirror

All returning companions seem to have it. I just tested with a Smuggler and Gault, Vette, Aric, and SCORPIO all had it. Kaliyo was giving me 'not eligible for this conversation' when I click on her. Jorgan will only give one line, no matter how many times I click on him.

I'll consider this a confirmed bug then, and add it to the list. I'm also getting that notification from Kaliyo. Strangely enough, Koth, Senya, Lana, and Theron are all functioning normally.

Edited by Shambolic

• 4 weeks later...

Bumping for continued relevance. Most of these still haven't been addressed.

Also, I noticed that Malavai Quinn is now accepting my courting gifts today (romanced and married). Can anyone confirm that broken courting gifts are fixed?

Edited by Shambolic

Also, I may be imagining things, but I think they also fixed the part where buffs were not being re-applied after you get off your mount or zone.

At least I think they are being re-applied when you dismount.

Bumping for continued relevance. Most of these still haven't been addressed.

Also, I noticed that Malavai Quinn is now accepting my courting gifts today (romanced and married). Can anyone confirm that broken courting gifts are fixed?

They aren't. Quinn likes courting gifts even without a romance. Vette, Raina, Kira, Nadia, and Corso all like them regardless of romance too. They should go from 'like' to 'favorite' or 'love' if there's a romance but they don't.

Also, I may be imagining things, but I think they also fixed the part where buffs were not being re-applied after you get off your mount or zone.

At least I think they are being re-applied when you dismount.

Mostly fixed when dismounting, I think. I still have to reapply manually some times though. It happens more often with zoning. They also very rarely reapply after using an elevator.

They aren't. Quinn likes courting gifts even without a romance. Vette, Raina, Kira, Nadia, and Corso all like them regardless of romance too. They should go from 'like' to 'favorite' or 'love' if there's a romance but they don't.

I didn't think to check before starting the romance, but my understanding is that Quinn doesn't actually ever progress farther than "liking" Courting gifts, even romanced. I also thought that "small influence gain" is given for like, whereas "moderate influence gain" is typical for favorite. It struck me as odd that Quinn was receiving a "moderate influence gain" from a Courting gift (from a rank 4 gift at influence level 27). It's been a bit difficult keeping all the changes to the influence system straight.

Something I've also wanted to verify is whether the "re-introduced" romance companions are suffering from the bug. Do the romanced Kaliyo, Jorgan, Vette, and Torian still refuse Courting gifts if you choose to restart the romance?

Mostly fixed when dismounting, I think. I still have to reapply manually some times though. It happens more often with zoning. They also very rarely reapply after using an elevator.

I still have to reapply buffs to my companions constantly with zoning and probably half the time when dismounting.

I didn't think to check before starting the romance, but my understanding is that Quinn doesn't actually ever progress farther than "liking" Courting gifts, even romanced. I also thought that "small influence gain" is given for like, whereas "moderate influence gain" is typical for favorite. It struck me as odd that Quinn was receiving a "moderate influence gain" from a Courting gift (from a rank 4 gift at influence level 27). It's been a bit difficult keeping all the changes to the influence system straight.

Something I've also wanted to verify is whether the "re-introduced" romance companions are suffering from the bug. Do the romanced Kaliyo, Jorgan, Vette, and Torian still refuse Courting gifts if you choose to restart the romance?

The words 'moderate influence gain' on the gift don't correspond to 'favorite' gift rank. When I tested with Quinn and Corso, all of their 'like' gifts said they were moderate gain. Both 'favorite' and 'love' said large gain.

For KotFE - I can only test with Jorgan and Torian and they're both indifferent. Kaliyo never liked courting gifts under any circumstances but I can't check with her.

Prior to KotFE:

Iresso, who is the only male LI who should have gone up to love when the romance locked in, is indifferent.

Torian is indifferent.

Vector is indifferent.

Quinn likes them (tested at influence level 17 with blue rank 5 gifts - imperial memorabilia and military gear gave 399 (love), weapons 225 (favorite), trophies, tech, and courting gave 100 influence (like))

Andronikos is indifferent

Jorgan is indifferent

Corso likes them (tested at influence level 21 with blue rank 5 gifts - weapons gave 333 (love) military gear 187 (favorite), and cultural aftifacts, technology, republic memorablia, trophies, luxury and courting gave 83 (like))

Doc loves them but he does that for everyone now

I'm not sure if I'm far enough along in the Mako romance for her approval to change but she's also indifferent.

Edited by leviathanmirror

The words 'moderate influence gain' on the gift don't correspond to 'favorite' gift rank. When I tested with Quinn and Corso, all of their 'like' gifts said they were moderate gain. Both 'favorite' and 'love' said large gain.

For KotFE - I can only test with Jorgan and Torian and they're both indifferent. Kaliyo never liked courting gifts under any circumstances but I can't check with her.

Prior to KotFE:

Iresso, who is the only male LI who should have gone up to love when the romance locked in, is indifferent.

Torian is indifferent.

Vector is indifferent.

Quinn likes them (tested at influence level 17 with blue rank 5 gifts - imperial memorabilia and military gear gave 399 (love), weapons 225 (favorite), trophies, tech, and courting gave 100 influence (like))

Andronikos is indifferent

Jorgan is indifferent

Corso likes them (tested at influence level 21 with blue rank 5 gifts - weapons gave 333 (love) military gear 187 (favorite), and cultural aftifacts, technology, republic memorablia, trophies, luxury and courting gave 83 (like))

Doc loves them but he does that for everyone now

I'm not sure if I'm far enough along in the Mako romance for her approval to change but she's also indifferent.

Good info, thanks for clearing some of that up. What exactly causes a gift to have a "small influence gain?" Just a gift that would have given "moderate" or "large" at a lower affection level?

Edited by Shambolic

Good info, thanks for clearing some of that up. What exactly causes a gift to have a "small influence gain?" Just a gift that would have given "moderate" or "large" at a lower affection level?

So I just took a rank two companion to the gift vendor to see what level one gifts look like. The small/like, moderate/favorite, large/love do seem to correspond at the lowest levels of influence with the lowest level gifts. It probably also indicates diminished returns when you hit a milestone in influence levels.

The whole thing is pretty confusing.

Bumping for awareness. Can we at least negotiate, BW? If you fix Torian's conversations, I promise to buy Cartel Coins in an amount equal to the paid time it takes one of your people to find and fix the problem...

I will match that! It seems like if there is an active romance he skips the whole resol'nare convo, which causes the bh to not be able to flag for knowing mandoa at all. Super bummed that I've heard of one or two instances where that flag comes into play and my bounty hunter has to miss them. :(

It seems like if there is an active romance he skips the whole resol'nare convo, which causes the bh to not be able to flag for knowing mandoa at all.

Are you saying that if you don't romance him, you get the conversations? That would be an interesting development.

Are you saying that if you don't romance him, you get the conversations? That would be an interesting development.

Yes. I watched someone else get it after turning him down so I did a run where my bounty hunter shut down the romance and he brought up the resol'nare conversation like he was supposed to. Something is buggy with the 'is a mando' flag when there is a romance involved it would seem.

Edited by Atophae