Broken Companions

Shambolic

Yes. I watched someone else get it after turning him down so I did a run where my bounty hunter shut down the romance and he brought up the resol'nare conversation like he was supposed to. Something is buggy with the 'is a mando' flag when there is a romance involved it would seem.

Ugh, this just makes it doubly frustrating. :(

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh, this just makes it doubly frustrating. :(

Even better... (minor spoilers for chapter 16, not main story related)

...the mandoa lessons are referenced in the newest chapter in a small scene for the romanced bh even if they missed out on them. Torian says something in mandoa and the bh translates, to which he replies 'you remember our lessons!' Absolutely adorable, but I was kinda sad that it's a new scene specific to a romanced bh referencing a scene you can no longer get if you choose to romance him. Hahaha.

Edited by Atophae

...the mandoa lessons are referenced in the newest chapter in a small scene for the romanced bh even if they missed out on them. Torian says something in mandoa and the bh translates, to which he replies 'you remember our lessons!' Absolutely adorable, but I was kinda sad that it's a new scene specific to a romanced bh referencing a scene you can no longer get if you choose to romance him. Hahaha.

GRRRR... so they can't even use the excuse that it doesn't even matter for the new story!

Yes. I watched someone else get it after turning him down so I did a run where my bounty hunter shut down the romance and he brought up the resol'nare conversation like he was supposed to. Something is buggy with the 'is a mando' flag when there is a romance involved it would seem.

Do you remember when in the storyline the conversation occurred? Was it before or after you saved him on Hoth (after completing Belsavis)?

Do you remember when in the storyline the conversation occurred? Was it before or after you saved him on Hoth (after completing Belsavis)?

It was definitely after Belsavis. I don't remember exactly when, but I almost gave up when I knew the kidnapping scene was coming up and it hadn't triggered. Decided to keep going and sure enough it popped before the end of the story. I want to say it was before Corellia even. I only did a few quests into Corellia to confirm I'd locked off the romance (since a few flirts popped up after the fact - but they never led anywhere).

Edited by Atophae

It was definitely after Belsavis. I don't remember exactly when, but I almost gave up when I knew the kidnapping scene was coming up and it hadn't triggered. Decided to keep going and sure enough it popped before the end of the story. I want to say it was before Corellia even. I only did a few quests into Corellia to confirm I'd locked off the romance (since a few flirts popped up after the fact - but they never led anywhere).

That's strange. I wonder if it's part of an either/or trigger now where it actually will replace one of the romance scenes. The conversations I got after Belsavis (romanced Torian) were:

Kinship (early Voss) - where he declares his love for you (romance)

Mandalorian Iron (early Voss) - generic armor conversation

Brothers in Arms (after Voss) - Torian leaves to join Corridan on a Jedi hunt

The Next Step (mid Corellia) - "shooting lessons" (romance)

Bound by Blood (after Corellia) - "Family is more than blood."

Family Commitments (after Chapter 3 conclusion) - proposal (romance)

All of them flagged as Mando for me, except the "shooting lessons" FTB.

This is actually really good news though, because it means that the conversation is still in the game. I think some of us (me especially) were worried they'd taken it out completely for whatever reason. Now we just need to figure out how to bribe someone to fix it.

Following TorFashion's "Companion Fashion Police" contest, it has come to my attention that at least some of the "infected" customizations don't work with revealing armor. They show silvery metallic textures instead of skin.

The laziness is strong in these ones. I'll add this to the list!

That is super cute, I can't wait to play it. I like to think my BH knows the language pretty well anyway thanks to some off-screen interactions. It's awesome that they gave the lessons a shout-out, even if they aren't accessible at the moment. Just adds to Torian's uniqueness (and appeal!).

Could also be an indication that they're aware of the problem with his convos and are planning to fix it. On the other hand, maybe BW is just taunting all the fangirls.

Edited by Shambolic

That is super cute, I can't wait to play it. I like to think my BH knows the language pretty well anyway thanks to some off-screen interactions. It's awesome that they gave the lessons a shout-out, even if they aren't accessible at the moment. Just adds to Torian's uniqueness (and appeal!).

Could also be an indication that they're aware of the problem with his convos and are planning to fix it. On the other hand, maybe BW is just taunting all the fangirls.

Even if I can't get the scene in a romance I still figure the offer of mandoa lessons is canon for any mandalorian bounty hunter, so I'm glad the conversation doesn't seem to be dependent on whether that interaction played out in game! For now I can imagine it happened off screen - but I would love to experience the whole arc the way it was meant to be at some point!

Edited by Atophae

• 1 month later...
I'm going to go ahead and add the new "melee buff" to this post that seems to be affecting all NPCs as of 10/4 (I think?). Khem Val now has a giant sword going *through* his back--haven't checked on all the other companions, but multiple posts about this bug seem to be cropping up here and on reddit, so hopefully it'll get fixed soon!