Broken Companions

Shambolic

Yeah, I didn't think they would. They probably won't mention anything they don't have a fix for or isn't game breaking and affecting a lot of people.

I have a male BH I left on Tatooine prior to 4.0. Maybe I'll start working on him again and see if he gets anything.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From a thread I made trying to figure out what the trigger for the two different Makeb cinematics is (the likely culprit is the broken class quests that they're fixing in 4.5, since the alternate cinematic with just Mako appears to be for people who didn't finish their class quest and wouldn't have all their companions):

Quote:

I started Makeb on my newest Bounty Hunter yesterday and got a different opening cinematic than I did with my first two BHs (one of which I did Makeb on earlier this month). In the usual cinematic, Gault and Blizz are present and Gault shows up as a potential bounty. The one I just got was just Mako and there was an ortolan in Gault's place on the bounty list.

I started SoR planning to escape out if the cinematic was broken. It went off normally, so I went on ahead with it and everything turned out all right.

I can confirm that this bug is still happening with the Makeb intro. I started Makeb on my second BH (who did get the completion for Chapter 3, post 4.5) and all I got was the Mako introduction. I hit esc before it ended, and I'm just going to move on to the Revan prelude. Hope skipping RotHC doesn't affect SoR or KotFE.

Maybe it has something to do with Oricon?

Edited by Shambolic

I can confirm that this bug is still happening with the Makeb intro. I started Makeb on my second BH (who did get the completion for Chapter 3, post 4.5) and all I got was the Mako introduction. I hit esc before it ended, and I'm just going to move on to the Revan prelude. Hope skipping RotHC doesn't affect SoR or KotFE.

Maybe it has something to do with Oricon?

That's disappointing, I love the version with Gault in it. It shouldn't affect SoR or KotFE, no. Lots of people skip it with no problems.

I did Oricon before Makeb with my BH. I don't usually do it that way but she isn't the first character I went in that order with and she's the only one who had this happen.

That's disappointing, I love the version with Gault in it. It shouldn't affect SoR or KotFE, no. Lots of people skip it with no problems.

I did Oricon before Makeb with my BH. I don't usually do it that way but she isn't the first character I went in that order with and she's the only one who had this happen.

More broken "background triggers," undoubtedly. As you said, it's almost as though the game doesn't recognize that you've unlocked the other four companions. I'll add it to the list of bugs.

More broken "background triggers," undoubtedly. As you said, it's almost as though the game doesn't recognize that you've unlocked the other four companions. I'll add it to the list of bugs.

My guess is that it's related to the chap 3 class story flags not working properly at the moment. If you get to Makeb and the cut scene looks for that flag and can't find it, it gives you a version that assumes you don't have the other companions beyond the first.

Speaking of bugs, I leveled up a second female agent and finally got to see the romance SOR intro that my first agent was bugged on. It's only one spoken line different, but I still enjoyed knowing that I got the right version this time.

My guess is that it's related to the chap 3 class story flags not working properly at the moment. If you get to Makeb and the cut scene looks for that flag and can't find it, it gives you a version that assumes you don't have the other companions beyond the first.

Must be, but I can't imagine why people who have already completed Chapter 3 (cheev, heroic unlock, story completion on login screen, etc) would be having that problem. If everything else in the game recognizes that you've completed the necessary steps, why doesn't the Makeb intro? I actually think it might have something to do with the switch from affection to influence, and maybe that intro in particular reacts to whether or not you've raised enough affection with comps other than Mako. Just my theory, though.

Hopefully it's not a separate problem altogether.

I was pretty happy to see the SoR intro working properly for Imperial ladies too. Poor little Blizz though. :p

It was all worth it to hear him call Torian my BH's "love-love."

I actually did Makeb with a BH that was created before 4.0 and got the right cinematic the same month I did the broken one. She had started Chapter 3 but not finished it before 4.0 and hadn't finished all conversations with everyone (I'd only gone through all of Torian's). She had less influence with all her companions than the BH that was broken. So I really have no idea what went wrong but I don't think it's influence levels unless Mako having significantly more than Gault and Blizz breaks it somehow (broken BH's Torian was nearing fifty at the time, Mako was mid-high thirties, Gault and Blizz were high teens or low twenties, Skadge was low teens).

I also remember getting the correct SoR intro for the first BH I created after 4.0 released. I think this may have been broken again after they fixed it. (I'm trying real hard not to be snarky here.)

On an unrelated note, I got my Trooper to Corellia, but I'm just not feeling her. I have a real hard time with the Republic classes. Even if I play them Dark Side, they still make my teeth ache. I think I'll focus on my barechested red Sith Warrior with his "oops there go my panties" voice. :D

I'm so pining for a female Bounty Hunter that works. :(

Must be, but I can't imagine why people who have already completed Chapter 3 (cheev, heroic unlock, story completion on login screen, etc) would be having that problem. If everything else in the game recognizes that you've completed the necessary steps, why doesn't the Makeb intro?

Ah, well I didn't realize that people who had already completed chap 3 before 4.0 were having this problem too. Although from leviathanmirror's post above mine it looks like not everyone across the board is, so more mysteries. <sigh>

I think I'll focus on my barechested red Sith Warrior with his "oops there go my panties" voice. :D

<snort> <chokes> Ohh, good one. That voice really is delicious. Although I'm not a fan of the combat noises the male SW makes when fighting. All the "errrr...ARGHHHH...ohhhh!" sounds...weird, and not in a good way. :p

<snort> <chokes> Ohh, good one. That voice really is delicious. Although I'm not a fan of the combat noises the male SW makes when fighting. All the "errrr...ARGHHHH...ohhhh!" sounds...weird, and not in a good way. :p

LOL Yeah, I remember folks saying that he sounds like he's having a baby. It always sounded like something else to me. ;)

I actually did Makeb with a BH that was created before 4.0 and got the right cinematic the same month I did the broken one. She had started Chapter 3 but not finished it before 4.0 and hadn't finished all conversations with everyone (I'd only gone through all of Torian's). She had less influence with all her companions than the BH that was broken. So I really have no idea what went wrong but I don't think it's influence levels unless Mako having significantly more than Gault and Blizz breaks it somehow (broken BH's Torian was nearing fifty at the time, Mako was mid-high thirties, Gault and Blizz were high teens or low twenties, Skadge was low teens).

I remember reading that having wildly high affection with Mako used to derail the female BH’s romance with Torian (or something along those lines, been awhile since I read the thread). That’s the only occurrence I can think of where influence mattered. Still, if it happened once, it might be happening again. 4.0 strikes again.

I also remember getting the correct SoR intro for the first BH I created after 4.0 released. I think this may have been broken again after they fixed it. (I'm trying real hard not to be snarky here.)

The SoR intro is working fine, even if the RotHC (Makeb) intro is borked—I can confirm. I did however almost lose my mind because when I escaped out of the movie (because I hate the shadows inside the Mantis) THE QUEST COMPLETION WINDOW POPPED UP. I’ve never tried to redo that intro before, so I thought the game just completely skipped the movie and was sending me right to Rishi. Before I hyperventilated, I didn’t accept any of the rewards and closed the window and checked the mission console. Thankfully, Chapter IV appeared and clicking on it reinitiated the cutscene, sparing my keyboard the indignity of being thrown across the room.

On an unrelated note, I got my Trooper to Corellia, but I'm just not feeling her. I have a real hard time with the Republic classes. Even if I play them Dark Side, they still make my teeth ache. I think I'll focus on my barechested red Sith Warrior with his "oops there go my panties" voice. :D

Meh, mouthing off to Garza was *almost* as satisfying as sassing Baras. *Almost*

Ah, well I didn't realize that people who had already completed chap 3 before 4.0 were having this problem too. Although from leviathanmirror's post above mine it looks like not everyone across the board is, so more mysteries. <sigh>

I wish they would have broken something no one cares about. Like the Jedi Knight storyline.

And sadly, female Sith warriors didn’t get off any better…

The way that IAs and BHs laugh when you punch/stab/maim mobs will always tickle me.

I remember reading that having wildly high affection with Mako used to derail the female BH’s romance with Torian (or something along those lines, been awhile since I read the thread). That’s the only occurrence I can think of where influence mattered. Still, if it happened once, it might be happening again. 4.0 strikes again.

I've never heard anything like that. I did just look up Mako bugs though and apparently immediately after KotFE was released, her final romance conversation wasn't triggering. I wonder if that was ever fixed?

I've never heard anything like that. I did just look up Mako bugs though and apparently immediately after KotFE was released, her final romance conversation wasn't triggering. I wonder if that was ever fixed?

This was the post I read awhile back: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=238979

I'm sure they fixed the bug you're talking about since Mako's a fan favorite. That's a strange bug though--the switch from influence-based companion conversations seems to have been more trouble than it was worth. I don't see why it was so important to make the 1-50 companions use that system, especially since you lose them all at the start of KotFE anyway. I know that their influence going into KotFE affects some aspects of the game (ease of recruitment and so on), but it's not a huge deal.

Re-reading that thread did make me wonder whether Torian's missing conversations could be related to the Torian/Mako romance. For instance, maybe discouraging Mako's advances on him pushes some conversations backward or forward in the line-up. Perhaps if a player let the Torian/Mako romance run its course, the two missing Torian conversations would appear.

I don't even know if theTorian/Mako fling is even still in the game, or if it resolves in the same way. I watched a male BH video recently where the player encouraged Torian to pursue Mako romance and he had two different conversations with Torian -- one where he meets Torian and Mako on a "date" in the galley ("Dinner for Two") and one where Torian thanks him for giving him a chance with Mako ("Good Advice"). I've never let that storyline progress with Mako, so I don't know what the female counterpart would be. I do really like some of the male conversations better, and I wish that female BHs could learn more about his clan while still romancing him. Oh well!

Something to think about, maybe test down the road. I have two max level PTs now, maybe I'll make a Merc and see.

Edited by Shambolic

Shambolic, your post made me recall that I never played through the Agent's original story with a female character. Hm, maybe that's another thing I need to do while waiting for Torian to be fixed.

Assuming Vector isn't bugged in some way, besides the weird bodysuit thing. I can get around that, as I plan to dress him in Aloysius' armor, being as my Agent is supposedly my Sorceress' daughter. (Kallig legacy FTW!)

Assuming Vector isn't bugged in some way, besides the weird bodysuit thing. I can get around that, as I plan to dress him in Aloysius' armor, being as my Agent is supposedly my Sorceress' daughter. (Kallig legacy FTW!)

There is only one minor conversation bug that I am aware of with Vector, and it has been in place since launch. It has to do with his customizations not working properly in a certain cut scene. If you stick with his default look though, it's fine.

I don't even know if theTorian/Mako fling is even still in the game, or if it resolves in the same way. I watched a male BH video recently where the player encouraged Torian to pursue Mako romance and he had two different conversations with Torian -- one where he meets Torian and Mako on a "date" in the galley ("Dinner for Two") and one where Torian thanks him for giving him a chance with Mako ("Good Advice"). I've never let that storyline progress with Mako, so I don't know what the female counterpart would be. I do really like some of the male conversations better, and I wish that female BHs could learn more about his clan while still romancing him. Oh well!

His "fling" is still in the game, although I'm not sure exactly how all the triggers work. I got a quest with Mako on my female BH that I played a few weeks ago where she asks about Torian and shows interest in him. All three of my options implied that I didn't care or wanted her to go for it, so I escaped out. (I did want to romance him!) Later, (probably after I had had some flirts with Torian), I came back to the ship and her conversation was gone. It never reappeared. I heard that some people used to get another option that told her to back off. It may have something to do with affection levels (which one is higher for you.)

I never saw any "fling" conversation at all on my male BH, but I romanced Mako right away.

My very first female BH has a bug going on with Mako. After 4.0 dropped, my Mako suddenly had a new convo for me, even though I'd finished her years ago. When I clicked on her, the romance music started, she said one line, and then the conversation cut out. There's no way to delete the conversation and make her triangle go away. It's a romance conversation that is supposed to only appear to male BH's. ("All Work and No Play" - still shows now in my quest log.) I never saw any notes on a fix but I should check and see if it's able to be deleted yet. My second female BH never got the bug.

Hm. It doesn't look like that was ever verified as a problem. The dev post indicates that the person wasn't even having a problem. The issue they're talking about is from when affection determined when you got conversations ( the thread is from 2012), so it appears to be working entirely as intended there.

I'm guessing the logic for the change was a desire to make companions more effective > not wanting it to be too easy > turning 10 levels into 50. It does seem to have been bucket loads of trouble for them though.

I haven’t encountered anything wrong with Vector 1-50, as of last week. Have yet to go through Makeb or SoR post-4.0, but since everything went well with Torian after the Makeb intro faux-pas (everything as in, I got to chapter two of KotFE and was able to acknowledge my romance twice and received Torian's heart-wrenching letter once I got to the Gravestone), I imagine everything will be fine.

That must make for some interesting RP, especially if your agent is force sensitive on the DL, like Temple. You could totally have a secret master/apprentice thing with her and found a bad-a** order of assassins outside the rule of Jedi or Sith.

Vector is the poster-child for male companions who can get away with wearing dresses and robes. I wouldn’t dare put anything with a skirt on Andronikos, Quinn, Pierce, or Torian…but for some reason, it suits Vector. Wish we had more male Sith or Jedi companions in the original content (can you imagine Cytharat as a companion? Yes, please!).

There is only one minor conversation bug that I am aware of with Vector, and it has been in place since launch. It has to do with his customizations not working properly in a certain cut scene. If you stick with his default look though, it's fine.

I didn’t actually encounter this, but I happened to choose to put him in his original outfit for one particular scene, so that might have been the one you’re referring to.

His "fling" is still in the game, although I'm not sure exactly how all the triggers work. I got a quest with Mako on my female BH that I played a few weeks ago where she asks about Torian and shows interest in him. All three of my options implied that I didn't care or wanted her to go for it, so I escaped out. (I did want to romance him!) Later, (probably after I had had some flirts with Torian), I came back to the ship and her conversation was gone. It never reappeared. I heard that some people used to get another option that told her to back off. It may have something to do with affection levels (which one is higher for you.)

I never saw any "fling" conversation at all on my male BH, but I romanced Mako right away.

Yeah, I did that quest for Mako (it’s called “Testing the Waters,” you get it after Quesh, I think). I told her that pursuing him would be unprofessional and that he wasn’t interested in her (she has a hilarious line about checking his arms out). Never heard anything else about it. I felt really skeevy afterward because, well, we all know how “professional” the BH’s relationship with Torian ends up being. I’ll do right by her by setting her up with Theron when I get a chance. They’re perfect for each other.

I think the short Mako/Torian romance conversations were all optional, and you could choose to end their romance at any time by telling them to stop. I also heard that even if you encouraged their romance, it eventually fails (supposedly because Mako isn’t quite the warrior-woman he expected). And if you were already in a high-affection romance with Mako, Torian’s “Testing the Waters” quest wouldn’t even fire.

My very first female BH has a bug going on with Mako. After 4.0 dropped, my Mako suddenly had a new convo for me, even though I'd finished her years ago. When I clicked on her, the romance music started, she said one line, and then the conversation cut out. There's no way to delete the conversation and make her triangle go away. It's a romance conversation that is supposed to only appear to male BH's. ("All Work and No Play" - still shows now in my quest log.) I never saw any notes on a fix but I should check and see if it's able to be deleted yet. My second female BH never got the bug.

I remember reading about that bug! I think they resolved it quite awhile ago.

Hm. It doesn't look like that was ever verified as a problem. The dev post indicates that the person wasn't even having a problem. The issue they're talking about is from when affection determined when you got conversations ( the thread is from 2012), so it appears to be working entirely as intended there.

I'm guessing the logic for the change was a desire to make companions more effective > not wanting it to be too easy > turning 10 levels into 50. It does seem to have been bucket loads of trouble for them though.

Eh, perhaps I misread some of those posts then. I was willing to consider all aspects of the game suspect while trying to figure out why Torian was broken for me.

I will admit that it’s nice not having to worry about spending credits to max affection in old content just to unlock all the conversations for companions--especially since you won't have access to most of them in the newest expansion. I guess the choice to rebuild from the ground up was easier than trying to build new content around an outdated system--assuming it was actually outdated.

I didn’t actually encounter this, but I happened to choose to put him in his original outfit for one particular scene, so that might have been the one you’re referring to.

It's not the outfit you have to worry about, it's the facial customizations. But yes, you are probably thinking of "that particular scene" like I am. :D I haven't tested this bug out myself, but as far as I know, it was never fixed.

So...just logged on to my first BH and discovered that I was able to abandon the Mako romance quest! I had it "tracked" in my log in the hopes that it would just go away on its own when it got fixed. :o But for all i know it was fixed ages ago and I had no idea because it had to be abandoned manually. Here I was wondering why it was still around 7 months later. Heh. Oops.

It's not the outfit you have to worry about, it's the facial customizations. But yes, you are probably thinking of "that particular scene" like I am. :D I haven't tested this bug out myself, but as far as I know, it was never fixed.

Oh, that's odd indeed. His original appearance is the best in my opinion, so I've never changed it and seen that bug. What a weird situation for the agent.

So...just logged on to my first BH and discovered that I was able to abandon the Mako romance quest! I had it "tracked" in my log in the hopes that it would just go away on its own when it got fixed. :o But for all i know it was fixed ages ago and I had no idea because it had to be abandoned manually. Here I was wondering why it was still around 7 months later. Heh. Oops.

Congratulations, you are no longer romancing Mako!

Edited by Shambolic

For those interested, there were no discernible problems in KotFE on my post-4.0 Bounty Hunter:

- Acknowledged relationship twice in Chapter II? Check.

- Received in-game mail from Torian after Chapter III? Check

- Acknowledged as Mandalorian by Shae Vizla multiple times? Check.

- Acknowledged as Torian's wife? Check.

- Acknowledged by Gault in Chapter XIII? Check (the "gobbeldy-****" comment, indicating romance + Mando).

- Acknowledged continuation of romance via in-game mail and alliance panel? Check.

The missing conversations (which would imply I never learned Mando'a) never came into play--Torian, Fett, and Shae all still used Mando'a phrases indiscriminately. I guess they gave up on Grey DeLisle speaking Mando'a after the one conversation choice during the marriage conversation? Boooooo. She should learn some of the swear words, at least.

All in all, a very satisfying chapter--but I would still like to see the Resol'nare conversation added back into the game.

For those interested, there were no discernible problems in KotFE on my post-4.0 Bounty Hunter:

- Acknowledged relationship twice in Chapter II? Check.

- Received in-game mail from Torian after Chapter III? Check

- Acknowledged as Mandalorian by Shae Vizla multiple times? Check.

- Acknowledged as Torian's wife? Check.

- Acknowledged by Gault in Chapter XIII? Check (the "gobbeldy-****" comment, indicating romance + Mando).

- Acknowledged continuation of romance via in-game mail and alliance panel? Check.

The missing conversations (which would imply I never learned Mando'a) never came into play--Torian, Fett, and Shae all still used Mando'a phrases indiscriminately. I guess they gave up on Grey DeLisle speaking Mando'a after the one conversation choice during the marriage conversation? Boooooo. She should learn some of the swear words, at least.

All in all, a very satisfying chapter--but I would still like to see the Resol'nare conversation added back into the game.

I'm glad to hear your Mando BH had a good experience in KOTFE. I have one waiting in the wings (male though) to take through KOTFE soon.

I'm glad to hear your Mando BH had a good experience in KOTFE. I have one waiting in the wings (male though) to take through KOTFE soon.

Ha! I'm sure you'll enjoy the reunion just as much. Battle brothers reunited!