KOTFE was written for the force users

Teriaon

I belive, especially with regards to chapter 12 that this new story is mainly aimed at the force users, and that the other classes are more an after thought. A way this to me at least is seen, is that you have no option to call any of the ******** force stuff that apperently still applies for you if you are a bounty hunter or a smuggler for instance. I think this is pretty lazy story writting on Bios side, as it makes it seem like they can only imagine someone with the force being able to truly affect how events turn out.

And then you come to the part about apperently becoming ruler of the galaxy? I mean I can see my SI or SW attempting that, but basically no other characters, the whole idea is so compleatly stupid, now if it was just Valkorion who was in on it then fine, he is a fool, bat Sateel and Marr as well? that just takes it into the area of compleate unbelivability

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't lie, Visions in the Dark is completely Force-centric, but other than that chapter I've found it almost makes more sense on a non-sensitive with how often I'm being force lifted, pushed, thrown, and just generally manhandled by the other force users. All the Force classes drum over and over about how you are this generational talent, and in KOTFE you are a ragdoll to every single user, haha. Hell, even Senya launches you a good ten to fifteen meters right into a wall without really trying.

I can't lie, Visions in the Dark is completely Force-centric, but other than that chapter I've found it almost makes more sense on a non-sensitive with how often I'm being force lifted, pushed, thrown, and just generally manhandled by the other force users. All the Force classes drum over and over about how you are this generational talent, and in KOTFE you are a ragdoll to every single user, haha. Hell, even Senya launches you a good ten to fifteen meters right into a wall without really trying.

Senya also catches you off-guard because you are focused on Vaylin. Had you been ready for it, Sith or Jedi anyway, I am sure it would not have been so easy for her. I could forgive her for that shoce IF she had killed her daughter, but she did not so no cookie for her :p.

Edited by Kilikaa

Let's be honest...Swtor was never kind to the player...way before Kotfe.....

they just made it more IN YOUR FACE in Kotfe..but it was already there in the original stories...

A good exemple was..

In Inquisitor Story , during the fight with Thanathon....in some sewer . The guy will actually FLY away..while you have to run in your skirt LOL

Still with the Inquisitor , many cutscene (one of them was on balmorra)...you get to fight another Sith..and guess what ?? You end up pushed back on your ***...before the fight begin.....

Take the Sith Warrior , both main ennemies he had to take on...both (before the nerf) would have their health drop to zero..and recharge back . While you don't.....

There is nothing wrong with meeting an opponent who is overpowered . As long as we at a certain point unlock more power for ourself.......

Like say in DBZ , Goku get stronger to face Frieza right ?

Well..it would piss me off like hell though , if I had to cheat to become strong . I rather we unlock a sleeping power within us..then have Daddy Valk Help.....and fight with borrowed powers.....

Star Wars has always been about the force. The first non force focused Star wars chapter may be Roque one, depends on Vaders appearence. So the style of KOTFE is nothing new. Any non forced characters are merely a bonus, non DLC storyline. I am not playing KOTFE with non force users, not even SOR. Their story ends with the characters chapter 3 finale, maybe with ROTHC. I accepted that. Star Wars = force users. You want SF story without force stuff? Try out another MMORPG like Star Trek online.

And about getting pushed around: Think of Anakin Skywalker. He is the most gifted force talent ever, but still he gets pushed around by Doku and Ventress. All the force characters are in their 20s. Although veterans of war, not yet overpowered Juggernaughts. Senya is very powerfull in the force and has decades of experience, not to mention Valkorion. Arcann is simply more powerfull in the force, thx to daddy, and was trained all his life. Just like the JK, SW and JC. If the player uses Valkorion he can beat the crap out of Arcann, if not he gets beaten by Valkorions son. I am fine with that and it makes sense.

Edited by McBaal

I have to agree.

Now i love the story for all my Force users as is, but not so much for my other none Force Users. Now i think they should of did something on a grand scale for the main classes, lets say, the Bounty Hunter/Trooper or (ALL RANGE WEAPONS) classes. Have an Ancient, high powered Mandalorian Warrior, that never got to become a Conqueror. Have him/her re-surface after being in carbonite or stuck in a cryotank on some old long abandon space freighter for a couple hundred years. Or Have an ancient dark side power uncover the bones of an (again with the, 'Ancient') Mandalore to be infused with this dark side power that gives re-birth to him/her, the power of immortality and it will take another High Powered Mandolore of modern day (Bounty Hunter/Trooper/Agent/Gunslinger so forth, Players) to destroy the threat, or something like that. And sitting on some outer edge of deep space was this planet, that had a great battle with 1000s and 1000s and 1000s of an, amry of Mandalorian bones. That this newly reborn Mandalore has come back to this ancient battle field/grave yard to give his dead army a NEW BREATH of LIFE, too his GRAND MANDALORIAN ARMY. Then he/she commands them into the ultimate battle to rule the galaxy. Blah, blah, blah. You know the rest of the story. (that was just a couple of my scenarios, crappy as they are). lol

Thats what they should of done, imo. I understand that would of taken a LOT of TIME and MONEY to come up with a unique story for all the Force user AND all the Range weapon users. If they did it like that, then they could of done Star Wars: The Knights of the Fallen Empire. For all Force users. And

Star Wars: The Dead Rises, The Legion of Mandalore. For all Range users. (Of course thats Just a crappy made up title is all). lol

But, could you imagine how glorious that scenario would of been? OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT?

Ok its late im tried and i am going to the dark side, of my bed and go to sleep. GOOD NIGHT!!!!! :p

I think it isent just about the visions chapter, I mean for an example how come a smugler is made the leader of the allience? someone who as far as we know has to make military desitions. Nothing we know about the smuggler suggests that they would be in any way able to do that, of cause people can have a story for their smugler that explains it, but as far as what we are told in game about the character it just dosent make sense.

Yes, I could understand if it was some rare cases like Vaylin and Vitiate where they are known for exceptional power in the Force, but when it starts to become 'Anyone who can use it can toss you a third of a football field at will' it just becomes absurd.

At least as a Trooper it makes a bit of sense. VitD is still a hard sell, especially with a Jedi Master and Sith Lord yapping about the new training you need, but I suppose with Valk's powers it's kind of an awakening towards the Force for the non sensitive classes, but that feels kind of thin.

I think it isent just about the visions chapter, I mean for an example how come a smugler is made the leader of the allience? someone who as far as we know has to make military desitions. Nothing we know about the smuggler suggests that they would be in any way able to do that, of cause people can have a story for their smugler that explains it, but as far as what we are told in game about the character it just dosent make sense.

A lot of it comes down to Yavin 4. Both sides agree the PC is the only reason it held together and worked, and Lana is so sold on the idea she spends five years hunting the PC down to run a 2.0 version of it.

Which is a symptom of a 'one story fits all' there is nothing suggestion a smuggler or a bounty hunter for that matter is in any way qualified to make the kind of choices that would be needed of a leader of that many people, or for that matter be interested in it.

Honestly this story line would of worked better with an idea I've had for a while. Basically if you got all your classes up to 60+ (or as many as you wanted) you got to pick one of your 8 toons(1 per class on each side) as the outlander, and then the other 7 become companions of the outlander, but ones you could pick to be the main at a specific point.

Example chapter 11 and meeting Aric Jorgan. Let's say for example I picked my JK as the outlander, but I had my trooper as my companion, I could of delegated my trooper to go make contact with Havoc squad, then for the remainder of the mission I play as my trooper. Cause after you hit 65 levels are meaningless.

So for the first chapter it goes as it normally does. second chapter when you get rescued, say with Lana is the BH and Smuggler, or any two not your outlander.

I mean the ideas are endless, but it doesn't force every single character to do the same meaningless story. You can pick the best of your 8 toons that fits the story you want, gives us more freedom and I think would of been way more fun.

Honestly this story line would of worked better with an idea I've had for a while. Basically if you got all your classes up to 60+ (or as many as you wanted) you got to pick one of your 8 toons(1 per class on each side) as the outlander, and then the other 7 become companions of the outlander, but ones you could pick to be the main at a specific point.

Example chapter 11 and meeting Aric Jorgan. Let's say for example I picked my JK as the outlander, but I had my trooper as my companion, I could of delegated my trooper to go make contact with Havoc squad, then for the remainder of the mission I play as my trooper. Cause after you hit 65 levels are meaningless.

So for the first chapter it goes as it normally does. second chapter when you get rescued, say with Lana is the BH and Smuggler, or any two not your outlander.

I mean the ideas are endless, but it doesn't force every single character to do the same meaningless story. You can pick the best of your 8 toons that fits the story you want, gives us more freedom and I think would of been way more fun.

That would have been sooo *********** cool......

I also agree with this. I mean it makes no sense that a guy with a gun can actually fight a guy with a lightsaber and the force. Now unless the bounty hunter, agent, smuggler, and trooper were given lightsabers or lightsaber-proof melee weapons, then I'd believe it more.

I would think it would depend on the way a person plays their character in the prior stories and it would also depend on whether or not you take the entire way it is wrote or you take it and work a story around that makes sense. I am a roleplayer and for our guild we never taken the stories word for word.

Example: My best friend is light side consular and in the game that would make her have a seat on the council but in her character she is not on the council as she said that doesn't fit the type of character you have.

BW is limited on what they can do. They are essentially writing a generic story and it is essentially up to you to make the story work or not work for your characters.

Which is a symptom of a 'one story fits all' there is nothing suggestion a smuggler or a bounty hunter for that matter is in any way qualified to make the kind of choices that would be needed of a leader of that many people, or for that matter be interested in it.

Isn't the smuggler leader of a huge fleet of privateers/pirates?

Isn't the smuggler leader of a huge fleet of privateers/pirates?

If you take one of the choices at the end of your class story.

- And a smuggler is much more likely to (re)build a criminal empire - while playing off both sides - for oodles of credits, while living safe on Odessan....... than face the all-powerful Valkorian family, their infinite army and their enormous fleet.

Loyal follower: (concerned tone) "What about Zakuul?"

Smuggler : "Pfft! What about it? I got a base, minions, a big spaceship, a Wookiee, and the proceeds of a daring robbery.... So pipe down, pour a big drink and put another cold Twi'lek dancer on...."

Follower: "But the force is intertwined with your destiny....."

Smuggler: "Pfft! my destiny is on that stage wrapping themselves around that pole. And a drink afterwards. Now shove off!"

- And a smuggler is much more likely to (re)build a criminal empire - while playing off both sides - for oodles of credits, while living safe on Odessan....... than face the all-powerful Valkorian family, their infinite army and their enormous fleet.

Smuggler : "Pfft! What about it? I got a base, minions, a big spaceship, a Wookiee, and the proceeds of a daring robbery.... So pipe down, pour a big drink and put another cold Twi'lek dancer on...."

Smuggler: "Pfft! my destiny is on that stage wrapping themselves around that pole. And a drink afterwards. Now shove off!"

haha that is so the smuggler...kinda remind me of this LOL

Kind of hard to 'play off both sides' when one side thinks you killed their last leader who was so revered he might as well have been a religious figure. And whose monarch hates you personally anyway for getting daddies attention and regardless can't very well look soft by not taking a hard stance against the beloved former emperor's killer (or admit he did it if you didn't kill Valkorion yourself and is therefore obligated to pretend you did and keep up appearances).

Edited by dcaleb

I can't argue that it makes better sense for a force user, Knight and Warrior possibly a bit more than than consular and inquisitor.

I guess the problem on the whole is the force using classes, since we are not getting individual stories you end up trying to find a boss that is challenging for all classes (realistically) I mean can you imaging a knight's final fight being against general Rakton I mean he would be carved up really quickly, likewise it's difficult to see a trooper going against the Emperor.

Now I know people did not enjoy this enemy in the EU but I always felt that the Vong represented a good balance for both force users and none force users, since they 'resisted' the force it did not give a jedi a 'unfair' advantage in a fight over a well trained spec forces soldier.

Maybe Bioware should have tried a little harder to come up with a enemy that would suit all parties rather than some of the most powerful force users the game has seen.

I can't argue that it makes better sense for a force user, Knight and Warrior possibly a bit more than than consular and inquisitor.

The Inquisitor felt very natural to me. It starts out as two Darth's (both with histories of working with the Republic against a common enemy) chasing down the Emperor and currently has ended with the Inquisitor rebuilding the army he or she lost during the deep freeze. My only real dislike towards the SI in KOTFE is the one size fits all dialogue. A lot of choices make no sense for a Darth Imperius, and likewise for a Occlus, etc.. Totally agree the Consular is the Force class that feels the most wedged in.

Edited by Mykra

The Inquisitor felt very natural to me. It starts out as two Darth's (both with histories of working with the Republic against a common enemy) chasing down the Emperor and currently has ended with the Inquisitor rebuilding the army he or she lost during the deep freeze. My only real dislike towards the SI in KOTFE is the one size fits all dialogue. A lot of choices make no sense for a Darth Imperius, and likewise for a Occlus, etc.. Totally agree the Consular is the Force class that feels the most wedged in.

I think the problem with this story from the perspective of the SI is that you for some reason seem to have compleatly forgotten about force walking, which was the center of most of the SI's story. There is no reason that the SI should continue to walk around with good old Valky in his or her head unless they want to, and that should at the very least be acknowledged in dialogue, just like how there should be an option for non force users to tell Satele and Marr where they can shove their philosophy and magical blaster if you are a non force user.

The real question is why they are using the dialogue wheel in such a...Limited way ?

I mean , in Mass effect (where this dialogue wheel came from ) ....I always though it was Limited...but in Swtor..they just made it even worse .

http://www.gamexeon.com/uploads/201411/img_1_5_1415599591_5106da7fd6d1.jpg

http://www.technodo.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/mass-effect-3-gameplay-2.jpg

We can't even Investigate a discussion . And they didn't even bother using Dragon Age Inquisition Dialogue wheel..wich has more option .

http://techraptor.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/dragon-age-wheel.jpg

I'm not saying the dialogue wheel with more branch would solve the story being force-sensitive problem...but it would add more options and make the dialogues...a tiny bit longer . Because often , with only 3 replys...it really feel like...''why the hell do I even have to choose an answer , when clearly..I'm supposed to stand there and just Listen to Valk talk about his beard '' :p

Now I know people did not enjoy this enemy in the EU but I always felt that the Vong represented a good balance for both force users and none force users, since they 'resisted' the force it did not give a jedi a 'unfair' advantage in a fight over a well trained spec forces soldier.

The Yuuzhan Vong were a neat idea in theory; they were alien in a universe where no one bats an eye at giant hermaphroditic crime lord slugs that can live for a millennium, and bringing a knife to a gun fight usually means you'll win.

But you can blame the pre-Vong writers for their existence also. The Empire was essentially gone by 25ABY when Vector Prime is set, and the Jedi had become so absurdly Mary Sue that the Vong had to be immune to the Force to present a challenge. So the Vong became equal parts "something to challenge the Jedi" and "somehow morally worse than the Galactic Empire."

The real question is why they are using the dialogue wheel in such a...Limited way ?

[sNIP]

We can't even Investigate a discussion . And they didn't even bother using Dragon Age Inquisition Dialogue wheel..wich has more option .

http://techraptor.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/dragon-age-wheel.jpg

I'm not saying the dialogue wheel with more branch would solve the story being force-sensitive problem...but it would add more options and make the dialogues...a tiny bit longer . Because often , with only 3 replys...it really feel like...''why the hell do I even have to choose an answer , when clearly..I'm supposed to stand there and just Listen to Valk talk about his beard '' :p

To be fair, DA:I is also three years younger than TOR. But it always did bother me a little that there is always 2-3 dialogue options, with half the wheel completely unused. Way back in June 2011 when I first got into the closed beta, I always (naively) expected there to be a conversation which had more than 3 responses.

Edited by Diviciacus

To be fair, DA:I is also three years younger than TOR. But it always did bother me a little that there is always 2-3 dialogue options, with half the wheel completely unused. Way back in June 2011 when I first got into the closed beta, I always (naively) expected there to be a conversation which had more than 3 responses.

I won't say I know how making a game work , but they did upgrade the graphic in Kotfe no ? couldn't they upgrade the dialogue wheel as well ??

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.