New Strongholds

rebsten

I know these pop up a lot, but I was contemplating this. Currently, we have three cities (Kaas, Coruscant, and Nar Shaddaa), one desert (Tatooine), and one jungle (Yavin). It would be awesome to see some fire and ice themed SHs. Oricon, for example, would be a nifty lava SH, and Hoth, obviously.

I don't have a real image in my head for Oricon, but for Hoth, a downed starship and passages to a cave system. Just, if you do this, PLEASE make Hoth a night base. The daytime Hoth makes my eyes hurt...

Anyone have any other ideas, specifically for the last two? I love to discuss others' ideas.

I really like the idea of an ice stronghold. What about Ilum? It's nighttime there, has the most beautiful skybox, and has all the ice and crystals you could want.

Oricon and Ilum would be awesome choices same with Hoth, there's also Corellia, Alderaan, Rishi, and new worlds like Ryloth would be cool too given the whole brightlands/darklands thing.

I really like the idea of an ice stronghold. What about Ilum? It's nighttime there, has the most beautiful skybox, and has all the ice and crystals you could want.

I didn't even think of Illum! That's a fantastic idea. It is probably one of the best planets, very pretty.

Oricon and Ilum would be awesome choices same with Hoth, there's also Corellia, Alderaan, Rishi, and new worlds like Ryloth would be cool too given the whole brightlands/darklands thing.

I like the idea of new worlds but I don't think they would go for it. The SHs all currently have an 'exit to planet' setup, so I wouldn't anticipate it unless they add the planet. Rishi sounds cool, hadn't thought of that one either.

I'm probably alone in this but I have always found Voss to be really relaxing and beautiful and would love to see a stronghold there and still hoping for it.

Also I agree a Manaan Stronghold would be cool especially underwater.

Edited by zchsry

I know these pop up a lot, but I was contemplating this. Currently, we have three cities (Kaas, Coruscant, and Nar Shaddaa), one desert (Tatooine), and one jungle (Yavin). It would be awesome to see some fire and ice themed SHs. Oricon, for example, would be a nifty lava SH, and Hoth, obviously.

I don't have a real image in my head for Oricon, but for Hoth, a downed starship and passages to a cave system. Just, if you do this, PLEASE make Hoth a night base. The daytime Hoth makes my eyes hurt...

Anyone have any other ideas, specifically for the last two? I love to discuss others' ideas.

I've been asking for a Dread Palace look-a-like Stronghold since 2014. No luck so far.

For Hoth it would be dug out of an ice cave I think, with either an imperial or republic bunker on top or something. Caves would be unlockable wither either CC or credits. Considering some parts of the planet are supposed to have underground springs that would be an interesting idea for it as well.

I was thinking maybe we could have strongholds on core worlds, maybe like, Hutta or Korriban. I always wanted a Cliffside compound on Korriban where I could look over the sith academy early in the morning, or a palace like Nem'ro and Fa'athra.

I'd love to see new strongholds. If I were to do one on Hoth, I think a crystal palace would be awesome. Think...fortress of solitude. And night time, definitely, with an awesome night sky...cause ack...blindness and migraines occur whenever I go to Hoth.

Now I personally would prefer a tropical getaway...like I think Rakata Prime should be redeveloped to be awesome, or Rishi.

Another I'd like would be the Odessen stronghold...a nice home built into the stone cliffs maybe. With windows and awesome views.

Manaan...have a undersea home with aquarium views of the Firaxan shark and the purple fish.

And adding levels to the DK stronghold would be welcome. I love it there, but it's a bit small, I'd love to see a bigger, grander apartment, where I can park my ship, and have several centerpiece hooks. :) Or a DK mountain stronghold, with space for an awesome home, and below room for a base, for ships, men, equipment etc.

Edited by Lunafox

I'd love to see new strongholds. If I were to do one on Hoth, I think a crystal palace would be awesome. Think...fortress of solitude. And night time, definitely, with an awesome night sky...cause ack...blindness and migraines occur whenever I go to Hoth.

Now I personally would prefer a tropical getaway...like I think Rakata Prime should be redeveloped to be awesome, or Rishi.

Another I'd like would be the Odessen stronghold...a nice home built into the stone cliffs maybe. With windows and awesome views.

Manaan...have a undersea home with aquarium views of the Firaxan shark and the purple fish. And adding levels to the DK stronghold would be welcome. I love it there, but it's a bit small, I'd love to see a bigger, grander apartment, where I can park my ship, and have several centerpiece hooks. :) Or a DK mountain stronghold, with space for an awesome home, and below room for a base, for ships, men, equipment etc.

Good ideas there. Especially if they used a day/night cycle like they did in SWG I mean for Tat you had sandstorms, be nice to see snowstorms and a day and night cycle, maybe an aurora borealis like effect at times too. Rishi or Rakata Prime would be awesome especially if you've got a place overlooking the ocean, Manaan the idea of an underwater base would be awesome.

Definitely more levels to the DK stronghold I'd love to have a ship hook as well as a few more centerpiece hooks, mountain stronghold would be cool too, Ziost would be another one that would be I think good, same with Korriban. If they ever introduced Ryloth to the galaxy that would be awesome too because of the Brightlands and Nightlands/Underground option.

Manaan...have a undersea home with aquarium views of the Firaxan shark and the purple fish.

And adding levels to the DK stronghold would be welcome. I love it there, but it's a bit small, I'd love to see a bigger, grander apartment, where I can park my ship, and have several centerpiece hooks. :) Or a DK mountain stronghold, with space for an awesome home, and below room for a base, for ships, men, equipment etc.

Odessen would be great. Our characters can no longer "safely" visit the core worlds so it makes perfect sense to have a home on Odessen.

Oh I find it blinding on Hoth too, I always wonder why developers don't think of the effects playing in those bright environments will have, heachaches, irritated eyes etc. It's beautiful, just should come with sunglasses or tinted windows. I also like the comment above yours regarding the other homeworlds. A cliffside overlooking the academy, awesome idea!, or a nice decadent palace. Yup.

That apartment with the constant rain gets to me pretty quickly and I cant even enjoy decorating it, although I get it, its not supposed to be bright and shiny. However I live in the Pacific Northwest and we get enough of that kind of weather all winter so I tend to shy away from it ingame. :)

I love all these ideas. The developers seem to put so much detail and effort into the environments in this game and new strongholds would be so exciting.

Oh I find it blinding on Hoth too, I always wonder why developers don't think of the effects playing in those bright environments will have, heachaches, irritated eyes etc. It's beautiful, just should come with sunglasses or tinted windows. I also like the comment above yours regarding the other homeworlds. A cliffside overlooking the academy, awesome idea!, or a nice decadent palace. Yup.

That apartment with the constant rain gets to me pretty quickly and I cant even enjoy decorating it, although I get it, its not supposed to be bright and shiny. However I live in the Pacific Northwest and we get enough of that kind of weather all winter so I tend to shy away from it ingame. :)

I love all these ideas. The developers seem to put so much detail and effort into the environments in this game and new strongholds would be so exciting.

Me I live down in Socal and it does get hot and desert like at times thus my wish for something like Hoth or Ilum or Ziost lol. The ideas put forth are all good ones I do agree:)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.