Favorite KOTFE romance companion

kladza

Which KOTFE companion is your favorite to romance and why? My personal favorite is Lana, mostly because she is the only available female but also I really like how she plays ,,the hero" rescuing you all the time and just her being so carring and worried its cute and her risking her life to save you and looking for you for years just shows how much she cares for you and those scenes where she is like ,, go escape while I hold them off so you can escape" just shows that she values your life more than her own and I just love how much she cares, it really feels like a ,,true love" type of thing with her. Edited by kladza

I haven't romanced any KOTFE characters because my warrior is staying loyal to Jaesa. That being said, the next character I take through the expanion will romance Lana. There is a lot of history there because our characters from pre-Shadow of Revan, to Ziost, and finally to KOTFE. She has a level head (most of the time) is powerful, and understands that sometimes harsh measures are necessary.

Theron, hands down, although all the KOTFE LI's have something to recommend them.

I like that Theron is this weird blend of cocky and humble. He's not afraid to speak his mind, but he doesn't take success for granted either. He fits particularly well with smugglers, agents, and troopers, and his background with the Jedi gives him some common ground with Force users as well. Some people have complained about his hair, but I like it. Kind of looks like he just got into a scrap or maybe one of his lady loves got a bit overzealous. :D I also like that he is one of the few LI's with stubble. Mmmm. But Theron? You need to get some new outfits. Please. I could help with that if I were only allowed to dress you...

I feel a little like I've OD'ed on Lana. The way she is favored over every other LI in the KOTFE story has left me feeling less and less charitable towards her. However, I do like how she meshes with my male agent. He's ruthless and unsentimental, but when he saw her getting all upset at the end of Forged Alliances and actually tried to comfort her, I realized that he may have finally met his match. Could Lana be the very first person he actually cares about?

Koth. Koth is cute, unabashedly optimistic, and is also even more comfortable speaking his mind than Theron is. He also gets the absolute best flirt in KOTFE. I take that flirt every time, even if I'm not romancing him, just because it makes me laugh so hard. I'm going to have to look it up now, because I don't remember it well enough to do it justice here.

I agree with the OP, Lana.

I love how balanced her character is, she's practical to a fault and the few times you get emotional responses from her are pretty humorous and enjoyable to watch. A good example is when Len calls her Blondie, the look on her face is classic. She also reminds me quite a bit of Liara, during Mass Effect 2 and 3. Liara outside of Garaus was my favorite romance in the Mass Effect series, this is the reason I have Lana romancing my main toon, (male smuggler.) Also practical, but with lots of snark thrown in, which is a nice counterbalance to Lana's seriousness.

Aside from that, she is the one that rescues you. Even though I wish Bioware/EA would have put in the extra time and made it so either she or Theron rescue you, all in all I've very much enjoyed the new romances.

(Even if I want more of a backstory for them.) :cool:

Theron, hands down, although all the KOTFE LI's have something to recommend them.

I like that Theron is this weird blend of cocky and humble. He's not afraid to speak his mind, but he doesn't take success for granted either. He fits particularly well with smugglers, agents, and troopers, and his background with the Jedi gives him some common ground with Force users as well. Some people have complained about his hair, but I like it. Kind of looks like he just got into a scrap or maybe one of his lady loves got a bit overzealous. :D I also like that he is one of the few LI's with stubble. Mmmm. But Theron? You need to get some new outfits. Please. I could help with that if I were only allowed to dress you...

Same here.

I love all the original male romances as well, but Theron is my favorite KOTFE romance. I saved my Consular for him.

Theron > Koth > Lana

Theron has all of the history from SoR. Sexy & fun, but not nearly enough content for him in KotFE.

Koth has been cute and fun, but I haven't finished KotFE with the character who is romancing him. He doesn't have as much history as the other two, so that is a strike against him.

Lana is sweet but I'm tired of her.

He also gets the absolute best flirt in KOTFE. I take that flirt every time, even if I'm not romancing him, just because it makes me laugh so hard. I'm going to have to look it up now, because I don't remember it well enough to do it justice here.

Now I simply must know what this is!

Lana (when it doesn't bug).

Other than that, um...my character's hands I guess.

Are Theron, Lana, and/or Koth really that unattractive to your characters? :p

OT: Of the two characters I have whom have completed and progressed past Chapter 9, one each has fallen in love with Theron and Lana.

I'm curious, how does Kothe go as a romance? He seems so... US-citizen when it comes to his politics: utterly blinded by propaganda and completely unwilling to hear anything but how Valkorion is the best thing that has or will happen to the galaxy. I find it makes him unpalatable, so I'm curious to see what other people's opinions on him are, esp. as a romance option.

Edited by Diviciacus

Now I simply must know what this is!

Ok, I found my screenshots! It doesn't have quite the impact of a video, but it's still funny.

It occurs right before you have your fight with Arcann, while you and Koth and HK are infiltrating that command center that's holding the gravestone tied to the dock to keep it from leaving. You split ways with Koth and send him off anther task while you enter the area alone. There's a quick convo there and choosing the flirt option gives you...

You: "Bravery in the face of certain death is only attractive when you survive. Promise you'll come back alive."

Koth: "It's more romantic if I come back almost dead."

HK-55: "Support: I can inflict non-lethal wounds if it will aid your courtship masters."

Lana: 'This is still an open channel..."

The delivery on everyone's lines is just perfect and part of what sells it so well. :D

Ok, I found my screenshots! It doesn't have quite the impact of a video, but it's still funny.

Oh man, even just in text that's stupendously hilarious! I can just hear Lana's internal "must... find... ear... bleach" dialogue! I'm definitely going to pick that on my next character that hits Chapter VIII.

Oh man, even just in text that's stupendously hilarious! I can just hear Lana's internal "must... find... ear... bleach" dialogue! I'm definitely going to pick that on my next character that hits Chapter VIII.

That is one of the funniest scenes, you even get a ,,Lana disapproves" lol

Theron > Koth > Lana

Theron has all of the history from SoR. Sexy & fun, but not nearly enough content for him in KotFE.

Koth has been cute and fun, but I haven't finished KotFE with the character who is romancing him. He doesn't have as much history as the other two, so that is a strike against him.

Lana is sweet but I'm tired of her.

Same here: Theron > Koth > Lana ;)

Theron is a nice blend of awkward, confident and sweet, with a great story to boot and I only wished he was a little more present so that he could benefit from a little bit more character development.

Koth is fun, and one reason why I like him a lot is probably why people dislike him so much. He has a different past, a different background. He's not afraid of disagreeing with you, and is not mindlessly following you. He even dare questioning you, so awful and whiny of him right :p But I admit that when I see all the hate thrown at him, even from people from Bioware even if it's done for fun and not to be taken seriously, I'm a bit afraid that his content - and romance- might be ditched unless it's about killing him horribly. The entire stream last night was a rallying cry around hating Koth after all ...:rolleyes:

Lana is... Well, I do like her, but I honestly grew a bit tired of her, mainly because she's a bit overused and feels like a writer's pet, like Liara in Mass Effect. There are so many cool and awesome characters that are underused right now. What would be awesome would be having all the romance characters with as much content as she has, but this is never going to happen, so I'd rather see them get some story development than her.

Edited by lanawinst

Same here: Theron > Koth > Lana ;)

Theron is a nice blend of awkward, confident and sweet, with a great story to boot and I only wished he was a little more present so that he could benefit from a little bit more character development.

Koth is fun, and one reason why I like him a lot is probably why people dislike him so much. He has a different past, a different background. He's not afraid of disagreeing with you, and is not mindlessly following you. He even dare questioning you, so awful of him right :p But I admit that when I see all the hate thrown at him, even from people from Bioware even if it's done for fun and not to be taken seriously, I'm a bit afraid that his content - and romance- might be ditched unless it's about killing him horribly. The entire stream last night was a rallying cry around hating Koth after all ...:rolleyes:

Lana is... Well, I do like her, but I honestly grew a bit tired of her, mainly because she's a bit overused, like Liara in Mass Effect. There are so many cool and awesome characters that are underused right now. What would be awesome would be having all the romance characters with as much content as she has, but this is never going to happen, so I'd rather see them get some story development than her.

I disagree on the Lana thing. As someone who is romancing her I find there is a lack of content for her after chapter 9. She barely gets any screen time after chapter 9 and after you lock in the romance its like she forgets you exist. She has more content than Theron for sure because you get her at chapter 3 and Theron in chapter 9, but Lana and Koth have the same amount of content but I would say all romances are now lacking in content after chapter 9.

I disagree on the Lana thing. As someone who is romancing her I find there is a lack of content for her after chapter 9. She barely gets any screen time after chapter 9 and after you lock in the romance its like she forgets you exist. She has more content than Theron for sure because you get her at chapter 3 and Theron in chapter 9, but Lana and Koth have the same amount of content but I would say all romances are now lacking in content after chapter 9.

I am someone who romanced all of them, and I totally agree that all romances lacks content after chapter 9. But Lana already has had the most amount of the three out there by far:

* Koth: present in Kotfe from chapter 2 or 3 to 9, with less romance content but that make sense since you have no previous history with him so you have to get to know him first. Nothing before and nothing after.

* Lana: SOR and she's with you every step of the way in Kotfe from chapter 2 to 9. Nothing after.

* Theron: SOR and pops up in Kotfe in a late chapter to rekindle the romance at the end of it, and that's about it. He was the male equivalent of Lana in SOR, but this ceased to be true in Kotfe where he is forgotten until very late, and even there the content is minimal. Nothing after.

Edited by lanawinst

you forgotten something , Jedi get to sleep with Theron (or so I'm told)....and we (Lana) end up with nothing and one kiss was interrupted by Koth..and we never gotten a refund for that interruption!!! aka more smoochieeee :D

Edit: but let's just ask for more for everyone..so none get left with less and everyone get something :p

Edited by SerraShar

you forgotten something , Jedi get to sleep with Theron (or so I'm told)....and we (Lana) end up with nothing and one kiss was interrupted by Koth..and we never gotten a refund for that interruption!!! aka more smoochieeee :D

Edit: but let's just ask for more for everyone..so none get left with less and everyone get something :p

Wrong. Both empire and republic side get to sleep with Lana at the end of SOR when the fade to black screen goes and you say ,,if this is our last moment lets make it one to remember"). If you romance Lana and Theron till the end of SOR you get to sleep with them. And at the end of chapter 9 when you lock in the romance you also sleep with the person who you locked in the romance with, thats what the whole fade to black screen means ofc they wouldnt show the sex scenes since its T rated. But either way you do get to sleep with Lana, once in SOR and once in chapter 9

Wrong. Both empire and republic side get to sleep with Lana at the end of SOR when the fade to black screen goes and you say ,,if this is our last moment lets make it one to remember"). If you romance Lana and Theron till the end of SOR you get to sleep with them. And at the end of chapter 9 when you lock in the romance you also sleep with the person who you locked in the romance with, thats what the whole fade to black screen means ofc they wouldnt show the sex scenes since its T rated. But either way you do get to sleep with Lana, once in SOR and once in chapter 9

Really? that looked like a Smooche..and nothing more.......

well I do recall BG2 fade to black screen..but it was kinda more obvious.....:p

Really? that looked like a Smooche..and nothing more.......

well I do recall BG2 fade to black screen..but it was kinda more obvious.....:p

Its pretty obvious in this scene that they had sex cause after the kiss there is a fade to black and then they go back to the place

same here, a lot of time has passed since they had their ,,talk" as you can see they return at the end of the party which means they were probably there for like 1-2 hours xD

Republic side sleeps with Lana/Theron , Imperial side only gets a kiss. Which is painfully obvious in those cutscenes.

edit to elaborate: rep-side, next to shuttle. after the suggestive talk both characters walk off screen towards the shuttle and then you get the after-scene like every other f2b scene like it I've seen in the game. Imp side: a kiss, no walking off-screen, and instantly swaps to talking to Marr.

Edited by Asmodesu

Republic side sleeps with Lana/Theron , Imperial side only gets a kiss. Which is painfully obvious in those cutscenes.

Nope. Both sleep with them. As you can see on youtube empire side gets a fade to black too and they meet back up at the camp after

Nope. Both sleep with them. As you can see on youtube empire side gets a fade to black too and they meet back up at the camp after

oh you can fanfic in anything you want, but don't use it as fact. Bioware would not suddenly change their always used mdoel for that type of cutscene for just one scene, when they consistently use it for every other one.

the videos of the scenes from the class story/planet arcs scenes (plus rep-sides one) kinda proves that

Spot the differences in that Imperial faction scene.

Its pretty obvious in this scene that they had sex cause after the kiss there is a fade to black and then they go back to the place

same here, a lot of time has passed since they had their ,,talk" as you can see they return at the end of the party which means they were probably there for like 1-2 hours xD

now everytime there is fade to black..I'm gonna imagine bunny watching someone roll in the hay :D and you are to blame !!!