Double XP was a success

Phyreblade

I set a personal challenge for myself, during this particular Double XP week. I mean, typically I create a new character to run through Double XP periods with, see how far I can get them. But this time around, I opted to see just how many of my mid-level characters I could get "topped off" and then looking over my list of characters, I set a personal goal of 5 separate characters.

Now considering where some of them "started" at the opening of the challenge, you'd assume it wasn't so big a deal, really. Having played the game so long as I have, I'm pretty good about picking what adventures I want to take a character in order to maximize their leveling, at least.

But this was one single week. AND there were other in-game tasks I wanted to explore, too. Not the least of which was Eternal Championship and nabbing Bowdaar for my Main character. But my husband would've killed me if I absolutely never left the computer, too. For some reason, he enjoys spending real time with me. Although Mother's Day proved a valuable opportunity for me to claim "I deserve to relax!" and he let me play pretty much the whole day, lol.

Regardless of the difficulties, though, I managed to succeed. And 5 new level 65 characters joined my game's list:

(1) Jedi Sentinel -- starting level 56

(2) Smuggler Gunslinger -- starting level 57

(3) Jedi Shadow -- starting level 60

(4) Trooper Vanguard -- starting level 54

(5) Sith Marauder -- starting level 26

I'm biased, mind you. But I do think they look pretty good together: Screenshot Line-up

Hey, what about you guys? Anyone else manage some heady leveling this week?

Yeah I took some new alts that I had lingering around level 1-5'ish to level 25'ish each instead. Got my 55 BH to 65, got my 20 JK to 35 and got 2 that were around 15 to 30 instead. They all out level content right now but that's ok I like smooth sailing. Gonna 'boost' them even further end of the month when round 2 hits.

I took a marauder from 1-65 this week.

Bought all class story legacy perks and flashpoint xp legacy perks.

Did Heroics on Korriban, DK, and ran tactical Black Talon with my companion.

Had an xp boost consumable on the entire time.

I killed Baras at 50, beat the Archon at 55, and hit 65 by the time I beat Revan.

Double XP seems just about the right speed for me. I don't find myself agreeing with the people who think its too fast. Then again, maybe because its my 20+ time through....

Yea, I didn't really suffer any of the angst using Double XP. But I stuck almost totally to Story when it came to my leveling this time. I did use XP boosts, including the "class mission" boosts under Character Perks. But I didn't use any flashpoints or Operations runs, and no PVP battles, either. I just played the Story-line on my own, and had some decent enough fun. With Double XP it allowed me the pacing I needed to get some nice images and see the various stories from new angles, so I was happy.

I never cared about double XP. I always valued the journey as much as I valued the destination in MMOs. Rushing to max level means you are missing half the game. I don't mind the double XP, but I never go out of my way to plan my leveling during this period. Of course, I just pvp my way to max level now-a-days because I am tired of questing.

I never cared about double XP. I always valued the journey as much as I valued the destination in MMOs. Rushing to max level means you are missing half the game. I don't mind the double XP, but I never go out of my way to plan my leveling during this period. Of course, I just pvp my way to max level now-a-days because I am tired of questing.

I normally pvp alot while I level, but double exp is a fun way to see different stories. You know the conversations and option change for a jedi kinght if you are darkside and not light? Did you know the entire Jessea williams encounter is different depending on wether you are a light side grey side or dark side sith warrior? it was fun making an evil a good and a grey jug and doing the whole act ending with lots of escape keying on 3 different sith wars.

The best bit about this whole game is its story telling so this for me was a chance to full nerd out on it.

On the other hand I spent friday night taking an op from 12-36 in pvp wzs and had a bad time of it. I might be absolutely lethel if Im allowed to hit things, but I never was. it was always stun>dead as 3 people would just target me everytime I left stealth. Oh and roots! that low lev you cant do anything about roots and your big hitters are tied to 4ms. So i was road kill until I hit my mid 20s. Then it started to change ofc as I got the abilties I needed to actually survive. It made me realise though that trying to use double coms week wasn't a good idea on a class that lacks key stuff. I should have done that on a trooper or BH.

took 20 hours to run a PT from 1 to 63, only main quest, pvp and heroics. once reached hoth heroics they started to give alliance packs so i stopped, finished the main quest for the buff (i was on harb, off-server) and called it. probably with a coupl eof hours more, both triggering kofte or keeping going with heroics i would have reached 65. way convenient to level up a new toon.

Any reason for 23 specifically?

No real reason but it was good to see that for all classes were getting the same xp without any ranged classes being favored over melee since range classes go through mobs faster. But that was after finishing the starter planets then hit the fleet and picked up the stronghold quest thing along with the crew skill quest. And was mid 23 on all toons.

Edited by Bakgrind

Well, Phyreblade, you were far more successful than me!

I have a whole pile of characters in the low-to-mid 40s, and I wanted to get at least one of them to max level. But, my first "goal" for this last week was to get my 59 operative to 65... it seemed like a modest enough target! Running through chapter thirteen on my main burned my Tuesday evening, and I managed a whopping two levels on my operative on Wednesday.

And, that's the last time I logged in. LOL So much for intentions! :o

Edited by -Wes-

I took 2 characters through their class stories (bounty hunter and sith warrior)

My agent to Alderaan where she will meet her LI

And I was working on getting my Inquisitor to Tatooine for the same purpose, I would have made it too but now the servers are down.

In general I spend more time on the republic side so I thought I would take the chance to play through the imperial side class stories without having to worry about planet quests. :)

After already doing the planet quests through once on both sides, I wish you could play the class stories like this all the time!

I got my new gunslinger to 65 (I deleted the previous one... don't ask, stupid mistake.)

Was nearly to 30 by last night on my new Sith Warrior that I want to be my main, but stuck there now because the login servers aren't working. Sigh!

I love doing speedruns - Latest is a sniper - stopped for a bite to eat, at 4h 27m and level 47 (using all bonuses - Guild XP, Class and Exploration XP Character Perks and XP Boost tokens.)

Got a bit hairy when I went to Alderaan before Tatooine (got mixed up which was first) and ended up not level-synched for a bit while wearing the gear you get on Hutta. Had to let my Kaliyo carry me through a couple of missions to get back in synch.

UPDATE (for all you care :p): Went for a nap and overslept - only got to just over 6h played on the char, but made it to lvl 53. Will have to park this run till the next double xp weekend.

Edited by CrazyCT

Well I've been pretty busy with the double xp this week. I managed to level the rest of my 9 alts to 65 so now all my characters are 65. :D

Characters:

Operative Starting Level: 20

Assassin Starting Level: 60

Shadow Starting Level: 55

Sorcerer Starting Level: 50

Guardian Starting Level: 55

Powertech Starting Level: 55

Smuggler Starting Level: 57

Commando Starting Level: 56

Juggernaut Starting Level: 58

Yup I've done nothing but SWTOR this week :p

*Goes and hides in shame*

I needed a new marauder due to the other one being stuck holding onto Darth Marr as a companion. So now I have a brand new one with more appropriate crew skills, who doesn't look like Hulk Hogan and with his wife back. I couldn't remember all my old choices so this way I'm happy having got a chance to redo them. He's doing the SFs before moving onto the EC and Bowdaar.

As an aside, anyone know if the 30 day cooldown on the character rename token is character or legacy wide? I'd like to switch the names of my two maras, or at least put the better one on the new one.

I never bothered too much with 2x xp as I spent most of my time questing on my already level 65 juggernaut, I did however start a new sage but I was still on Tython and still did every quest anyway.

The one I did do was a sorc from level 1 - 28 just doing class missions, but I only needed to level so far anyway I am 28 just about to start Tatooine I will be deleting the character anyway after I get Kaligs lightsaber but last time I tried without 2x xp I ended up slightly under levelled by the time I got there so I just needed a 'better' start.

I got three characters from low or mid-level to 50. I've played all the stories but I skipped some of the romances and I wanted to have those characters ready for when their LI's return in kotfe. I had fun seeing some of those stories I haven't seen in ages too. I had forgotten some of the funny moments that happen in the inquisitor story especially.

Had a grand time with my Sith Inquisitor, she finally finished Chapter 1 and is now heading for Taris. I had so much fun :D I do the class story and planet-story, since I mainly play on the rep-side with the guild it was nice to be able to skip over to the other side and get a large dose of story in one go.