BIOWARE: The very first update to live and you...

Anzel

... decided to NERF something? Really? With all of the bugs in this game you felt that the first order of business was to produce a NERF? There weren't more pressing matters? That was on the top of your list?

You couldn't find a way to INCREASE other aspects of the game? You felt that the only way to "balance" the game was by taking something away? There was no other way?

Furthermore, there was no explanation at all. You just simply NERFED the game without quantifying anything... with out explaining anything. First reaction was NERF.

The ONE YEAR PLUS testing cycle with multiple concurrent testing groups that spanned thousands and thousands and thousands of players wasn't enough to figure this out?

Figure out a better way to "balance" the game without the NERF bat or suffer the same fate as all of those other games that thought it was a good idea. I suffered through the "Combat Upgrade" and the "New Game Enhancements" once. If this is how you manage the game then expect the vast majority of your players to migrate to the next nameless MMO.

"Remaining baby names have been added to the credits"

Surely thats a plus right?

Yeah... and my character still displays "Sith Corruption" even though he's not a SITH? I'm not using the Force but somehow I'm "corrupted". It won't save or go away. But I guess that's less important than swinging the NERF bat.

• Space is a total ABOMINATION
  • Modded gear is a joke
  • The UI is horrible (the map???? :eek:)

But noooooooooooooooo. All that takes a back seat to the NERF bat. Let's find something to NERF. Let's make NERFING the very first thing we do. Nice...

Whatever. BioWare has never patched an MMORPG before, and they're only just getting their feet wet.

I'll not be surprised if their second or third patch take a while too, but afterwards they should learn from their mistakes.

Developing and upkeeping an MMO is no small feat.

... decided to NERF something? Really? With all of the bugs in this game you felt that the first order of business was to produce a NERF? There weren't more pressing matters? That was on the top of your list?

You couldn't find a way to INCREASE other aspects of the game? You felt that the only way to "balance" the game was by taking something away? There was no other way?

Furthermore, there was no explanation at all. You just simply NERFED the game without quantifying anything... with out explaining anything. First reaction was NERF.

The ONE YEAR PLUS testing cycle with multiple concurrent testing groups that spanned thousands and thousands and thousands of players wasn't enough to figure this out?

Figure out a better way to "balance" the game without the NERF bat or suffer the same fate as all of those other games that thought it was a good idea. I suffered through the "Combat Upgrade" and the "New Game Enhancements" once. If this is how you manage the game then expect the vast majority of your players to migrate to the next nameless MMO.

Let me guess, you slicer? And not very good reading either as you missed the bug fixed that came along the "nerf". :p

Yeah... and my character still displays "Sith Corruption" even though he's not a SITH? I'm not using the Force but somehow I'm "corrupted". It won't save or go away. But I guess that's less important than swinging the NERF bat.

• Space is a total ABOMINATION
  • Modded gear is a joke
  • The UI is horrible (the map???? :eek:)

But noooooooooooooooo. All that takes a back seat to the NERF bat. Let's find something to NERF. Let's make NERFING the very first thing we do. Nice...

You are acting like a child. Stop crying.

Slicing was a gold farmers dream, a way to grind gold with no actual player needed to do anything but once every 5-15 mins. Slicing is still profitable if you go to the nodes, you just can't make free money in the cantina anymore.

Indeed. All you had to do was run a bot 24/7 doing 2k missions and getting 4k off of it every time.

Wow, OP... you clearly have no concept of how a broken crafting skill can lead to long-term problems with the game economy.

Slicing was so good, it was too good. And that leads to players with more cash then they should have, and a flooded GT market. Suddenly items that were meant to be gold sinks and very powerful upgrades are commonplace and highly affordable. It's not good.

There are plenty of bugs for them to fix. I bet we'll have another patch next week, and another after that, etc, etc.

They took the easy/lazy route. Instead of overhauling the entire crafting system they nerfed the one crew skill that made money. I dropped Synthweaving because it was costly to make anything beyond a green, plus I was finding it hard getting the right cloth through Underworld Trading.

So instead of nerfing Slicing, they needed to look more closely at the crafting skills and lowering the costs of sending out your companions on missions. THAT is the real issue.

Lazy development..

Whatever. BioWare has never patched an MMORPG before, and they're only just getting their feet wet.

I'll not be surprised if their second or third patch take a while too, but afterwards they should learn from their mistakes.

Developing and upkeeping an MMO is no small feat.

1. Over ONE YEAR of testing.
  2. Multiple/concurrent groups of testers
  3. Thousands upon thousands of testers

I played since August in the full time testing program. Slicing was brought up many many many times. It was already NERFED in at least two of the previous builds I played... and they didn't even address it.

There was no other way to balance the game? The ONLY way was to start swinging the NERF bat right out of the gate? The VERY FIRST update? REALLY?

OP is a troll or just fail. It was obvious that slicing was too powerful and would screw up the economy. Are you really suggesting they should improve every crew skill to make it at the same level as slicing? Instead of just reducing the money made from that?

1. Over ONE YEAR of testing.
  2. Multiple/concurrent groups of testers
  3. Thousands upon thousands of testers

I played since August in the full time testing program. Slicing was brought up many many many times. It was already NERFED in at least two of the previous builds I played... and they didn't even address it.

There was no other way to balance the game? The ONLY way was to start swinging the NERF bat right out of the gate? The VERY FIRST update? REALLY?

It was a problem that many players recognized.

Also, I liked how they changed the looting colours. They're no longer these huge light shafts. Instead, they're little pools of light at the corpse.

They took the easy/lazy route. Instead of overhauling the entire crafting system they nerfed the one crew skill that made money. I dropped Synthweaving because it was costly to make anything beyond a green, plus I was finding it hard getting the right cloth through Underworld Trading.

So instead of nerfing Slicing, they needed to look more closely at the crafting skills and lowering the costs of sending out your companions on missions. THAT is the real issue.

Lazy development..

More like lazy players I think... Boo hoo hoo, now you may have to farm some mobs for money, so so sad. :(

Lazy development..

This is my entire problem. They had hundreds of millions of dollars, hundreds of people (if not thousands) and years of development. The very first sign of trouble and they decide to take the absolute LAZIEST route.