PVP Hackers, the solution

LordAppius

All of us have experienced the misfortune of playing with some hackers, due to one in particular i lost ten matchs in a row, not that bioware care, cause giving me 200 % more coms is not gona reward me the 200'ish elo points i lost.

So the question is what to do so they actually wake up??? PPl should start unsubbing so they really see this as an issue, more and more we play with hackers, was asking the most notorious one why he keeps doing this, his reply was "to give credits to ppl" well i m not sure if he is short on ideas or just plain stupid. Since he is giving creds to ppl i asked him well where are my credits for losing to your **** hacks...

PPl should start unsubbing, speacilly the pvp community, since we aren't as small as bioware thinks we are. Also to try to fix your qeueus, losing because i don t have enough ppl on my team is, sadly, stupid

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of us have experienced the misfortune of playing with some hackers, due to one in particular i lost ten matchs in a row, not that bioware care, cause giving me 200 % more coms is not gona reward me the 200'ish elo points i lost.

So the question is what to do so they actually wake up??? PPl should start unsubbing so they really see this as an issue, more and more we play with hackers, was asking the most notorious one why he keeps doing this, his reply was "to give credits to ppl" well i m not sure if he is short on ideas or just plain stupid. Since he is giving creds to ppl i asked him well where are my credits for losing to your **** hacks...

PPl should start unsubbing, speacilly the pvp community, since we aren't as small as bioware thinks we are. Also to try to fix your qeueus, losing because i don t have enough ppl on my team is, sadly, stupid

What hackers? BW/Musco told us they have banned all the hackers. Hackers are extinct now. They wouldn't tell us so if it were not true.

Claims require evidence. If you see a hack being used, you have to either get a screenshot of it or video. In almost all cases, claims of hacking are due to not knowing the abilities of other classes (like speed run) and thinking its a hack. Moreover, players who under perform in PVP (and who usually do not know the abilities of other classes) scream hack to cover up their own poor performance. Lastly, when facing a pre-made team that is using Team Speak or some other method of voice communication, that team will have a definite edge over pick up groups (PUGS) and it may seem like a hack is in progress while they are farming you.

Unfortunately we are minority. Most players are quite happy with their 15 minute story each month so unsubbing is not the solution( unless we find some other game where pvp is important to the developers)

All those millions of hackers out to get you specifically!

Ahh, don't troll him/her. We know they're out there. We know they've ruined or are ruining people's game experience.

The blatant hackers have been delt with. It's now the ones flying under the radar that will/are the issue. There are more out there than people realise. It is very easy to only add 5% to the hack settings and remain undetected, but that 5% still gives them an advantage.

Regardless, there needs to be a better way to report.

I've been playing Blizzards new game called Overwatch. They have discovered some hackers already, but they are proactive, unlike Bioware which isn't.

Blizzard have a dedicated report system for hackers. All you need to do is send them an email to a dedicated address.

"If you suspect someone of cheating or hacking, please send an email to: hacks@blizzard.com -- a link to a video is most helpful, but screenshots are also useful."

This is something that Bioware could easily impliment. blizzard also employ a bigger ban hammer. Get caught and the account is banned for life. Which means starting all over again. None of this slap on the wrist stuff that Bioware do.

Unfortunately we are minority. Most players are quite happy with their 15 minute story each month so unsubbing is not the solution( unless we find some other game where pvp is important to the developers)

Overwatch by Blizzard.

The problem with you claiming they are hacking and hackers are everywhere type of thing, is that I have been called a hacker multiple times when I do not hack at all.

Was called a hacker a few days ago cause I hit a sorc for 20k on my vengeance jug, he said I have to be hacking cause my class isn't that powerful.

I have been called a hacker by a mara because I jumped to him, force pushed him and jumped again. Most of the time I feel like these "hacker" claims are just people that might not understand the ability's of every class and their limits.

Now there are hacks out their, I remember seeing a guy speed hacking the huttball around, but unless you want to bring forward proof and evidence of them your word is 100% useless and your tears and cries unnoticed by anyone who could do something, not that bio-ware is going to do much anyway.

There is no hacks

There are ppl newbie on wz XD

Here we go, the hack deniers are back. OMG, go away. When I start seeing you guys appear it's a good sign that you're one of those people doing it or are just ignorant or are trolling. Either way, it's total rubbish.

It's been proven they are being used, even the very best players have come here to show proof and a couple of weeks ago one of the hackers even posted YouTube proof of himself doing it and then a how to do it in the forums. Of course it was removed pretty quickly, but not before a heap of people copied it down.

Those settings he was using were also the most extreme. People using them now have them on the lowest settings so they don't get caught, but it's still an advantage over others not using them.

Just yesterday myself and others from my guild, which is a PVP only guild, watched a guy using a speed and teleport hack in Void Star. We reported him and I believe one of my guildies recorded it and is going to upload it to YouTube.

I've also seen a huge amount of hacks being used in lowbies and mids since that "how to" post. Some of these people are probably ones who are leveling up new toons after Bio cancelled accounts. Others are people trying them out or learning them. The ones learning stand out the most as you watch them pause for a second to activate it and then you see it activate to escape or try and kill you. If you are a good player you can kill them in that bracket that they pause, it's actually pretty funny.

But these people using them in lowbies/mids are learning them for when they get to 65s, they will be much harder to detect then and we will have a big problem. PVP is already dying, once there are too many cheats in 65s, most of us non cheaters will probably leave the game. RIP swtor PVP, it will be cheat vs cheat then.

I'm also starting to see some social media and actual media about the hacking in swtor and the problems it is causing with lots of people leaving the game or stop playing PVP. They have offered suggestions on how to combat this. All we can hope is that this public attention might shame Bio into implimenting some of those strategies to minimise the cheating.

Claims require evidence. If you see a hack being used, you have to either get a screenshot of it or video. In almost all cases, claims of hacking are due to not knowing the abilities of other classes (like speed run) and thinking its a hack. Moreover, players who under perform in PVP (and who usually do not know the abilities of other classes) scream hack to cover up their own poor performance. Lastly, when facing a pre-made team that is using Team Speak or some other method of voice communication, that team will have a definite edge over pick up groups (PUGS) and it may seem like a hack is in progress while they are farming you.

You do realise this has been done over the last month. They quickly disappear from these forums due as they aren't allowed to be posted. So asking for proof is pointless. I'm sure if you are interested there are plenty of new YouTube clips of people doing it.

I'm also not saying there aren't a bunch of bus crash noobs out there. I see so many each day that I'm wondering how they fix the buses so fast :p

Good premades often destroy noobs because they're noobs, the same as good players do. You don't even need a premade on voice, just a premade of good players. But those good players on voice rarely use it to coordinate, normally it's just to talk about s**t to each other about anything other than the match.

Bad premades, even on voice get globaled by solo good players regardless.

As you said, Noobs often call hacks or cheats because they don't know other class abilities. But there are plenty of us good players out there that know them all and can easily identify cheats.

Denying they exist is ignorance at best, trolling or people covering up that they cheat.

It seems nice but i hate first person shooters. Might try black desrt online though

I hate FPS games to. But the PVP action in this one is pretty good and the game is so smooth even though it's still beta after playing clunky swtor PVP,. Give it a try if your a PVP combat fan. It's not all guns and stuff, there are some magical type abilities too.

The problem with you claiming they are hacking and hackers are everywhere type of thing, is that I have been called a hacker multiple times when I do not hack at all.

Was called a hacker a few days ago cause I hit a sorc for 20k on my vengeance jug, he said I have to be hacking cause my class isn't that powerful.

I have been called a hacker by a mara because I jumped to him, force pushed him and jumped again. Most of the time I feel like these "hacker" claims are just people that might not understand the ability's of every class and their limits.

Now there are hacks out their, I remember seeing a guy speed hacking the huttball around, but unless you want to bring forward proof and evidence of them your word is 100% useless and your tears and cries unnoticed by anyone who could do something, not that bio-ware is going to do much anyway.

Refer to my previous posts as to why posting proof isn't possible and why and how these hacks are still happening. You really shouldn't post statements like "but unless you want to bring forward proof and evidence of them your word is 100% useless and your tears and cries"... to someone who brings hacks to the attention of hacking to the community. It's obvious they care about PVP enough to post it.

Sure they maybe wrong, but don't try and belittle their post. Maybe ask them what they saw and see if there is a ledgit ability they misunderstood.

Like you I get called a hacker often because people don't understand, especially those fresh PVE people who don't realise that you can hit harder crits in PVP than PVE because most of us don't use accuracy and stack more power and Crit. Plus we have bolster. And let's not forget a lot of them don't know how to gear. They miss putting crystals in, they wear highest lvl PVE gear, etc, which lowers their expertise and we global them hard.

Lastly bolster has either been tweaked in favour of more output or is just broken again. Apparently this is being adjusted or fixed in 4.5.

All I ask is don't deny, try and help.

Hey man, I think you need to sit down, relax & ask yourself this simple question: hm if I was running a buisness with partners who dish in a pile of money to make this buisness prosper.

Would I let an outsider, who is using my product in the wrong manner to cancer my customers? C'mon man, this right here is their buisness, their life day bread. This game right here gives them their paycheck every month so that they may pay their bills and put food on their families table.

Of course they're working on it, however its a complicated issue since these free floating Mr.Smith hacks that exist is not that simple executed. With this in mind, guess what there are 100000000 other issues that needs to be taken care of as well.

Patience.

You do realise this has been done over the last month. They quickly disappear from these forums due as they aren't allowed to be posted. So asking for proof is pointless. I'm sure if you are interested there are plenty of new YouTube clips of people doing it.

I'm also not saying there aren't a bunch of bus crash noobs out there. I see so many each day that I'm wondering how they fix the buses so fast :p

Good premades often destroy noobs because they're noobs, the same as good players do. You don't even need a premade on voice, just a premade of good players. But those good players on voice rarely use it to coordinate, normally it's just to talk about s**t to each other about anything other than the match.

As you said, Noobs often call hacks or cheats because they don't know other class abilities. But there are plenty of us good players out there that know them all and can easily identify cheats.

Denying they exist is ignorance at best, trolling or people covering up that they cheat.

I have 4 years playing pvp and I've never seen a hack, but I have seen many players who do not know how to use well their characters and they think the worst.

I've seen players who take advantage of errors of the game as such. Instead of using a PvPgear.

Like this guy -->Click<--

But it will always be the skill advantage you have in your hands.

: D

--Sorry about my english--

Most of the time I feel like these "hacker" claims are just people that might not understand the ability's of every class and their limits.
Truth.

Now there are hacks out their
The most obvious one I've come across adjusts the player's position on the z-axis. Quite coincidentally, within days of hearing about it and some of its effects, I came across one unmentioned side effect: every time I Intercede (Guardian Leap) to a player using this, the animation always carries me to the accurate (and hacked) position of the player, some distance above their visible position, causing me to fall that distance before being able to move again. In the case I mention above, the player had hacked themselves 2-3m above the default position, making it extremely noticeable whenever I used Intercede.

I have 4 years playing pvp and I've never seen a hack, but I have seen many players who do not know how to use well their characters and they think the worst.

I've seen players who take advantage of errors of the game as such. Instead of using a PvPgear.

Like this guy -->Click<--

But it will always be the skill advantage you have in your hands.

: D

--Sorry about my english--

Just because "you" personally have never seen a hack, doesn't mean it's not happening. In the last month there has been overwhelming evidence. It's still happening to by the way, just because Eric has come out and said they've addressed the issue hasn't made it disappear. It just means they did something about the people who got caught.

We've all seen people using exploits since launch. I could list a whole heap of bugs the Devs had to fix.

And I 100% agree. Skill is the biggest advantage. But that's why people cheat, they aren't good enough to play without cheating. Those people, and I include myself in this category, who are good enough not to cheat, can more easily spot people cheating.

99% of the time the cheating doesn't help them win over us, but it can be damn annoying when you're about to kill them or win and then you see them cheat in some form or other to try and level the playing field. But I especially enjoy targeting said cheats and teaching them a lesson that cheating doesn't beat skill. Destroying them time after time is gratifying, more so when you come across them trying to learn them in lowbies or mids. I will target them all match to make sure they know that cheating won't help them against higher skilled players.

The recent cheating in ranked is a good example of this. They needed to cheat to even win matches. This is what reignited the hacking threads to start with. If you follow the forums as often and as closely as a lot of us do you would have seen about 20 threads started since season 7 started. They have all been removed now by moderators, but they were here offering irrefutable proof of what was happening, who was doing it and even a post or 2 on exactly how to do it that any idiot with a brain could follow and some have. It was very obvious you could tweak those settings to be lower, this is what we are seeing now.

What I think is the absolute saddest part about cheating is the occasional good player using them. They don't need to use them and the ones I've come across or heard about are usually only doing it to troll people.

Truth.

The most obvious one I've come across adjusts the player's position on the z-axis. Quite coincidentally, within days of hearing about it and some of its effects, I came across one unmentioned side effect: every time I Intercede (Guardian Leap) to a player using this, the animation always carries me to the accurate (and hacked) position of the player, some distance above their visible position, causing me to fall that distance before being able to move again. In the case I mention above, the player had hacked themselves 2-3m above the default position, making it extremely noticeable whenever I used Intercede.

This can also be from lag. But you are correct, the floating hack will cause issues like this. But the lag in the game makes 100% identification of this hack difficult. If you see this the best thing is to ask someone in a pm if they are also seeing this. If they aren't, then it's possibly lag. If they are, then it's possibly a hack, but still only a possibility, not a definite.

Once again, Icykill is correct. I nearly wish I could vote for your posts (like MVP votes in warzones). :D

Truth.

I know what you mean. A day after hearing about it, on my scoundrel, I used Trick Move on another player's toon which was using this hack. My toon literally flew halfway across a Huttball arena. :p

I know what you mean. A day after hearing about it, on my scoundrel, I used Trick Move on another player's toon which was using this hack. My toon literally flew halfway across a Huttball arena. :p

Ah, so that's what this was... I got quite used to hacks related to cheater's movement, but this was new to me.

But have any of you had experience with hacks that actually moved your char without you purposefully interacting with cheater? This happens to me more and more on TRE, for example I would continuously get pulled from the center of the hutball arena to the other side into flame while cheater would hover over it. Or i would get pulled from one of the final doors on voidstar to the other, and they are not only too far apart they are around corner.

Thx for making these things public, it sucks for having to pay for ruined experience.

Edited by stu_ungar

PPl should start unsubbing, speacilly the pvp community, since we aren't as small as bioware thinks we are.

Allready did that, but honestly how they deal with hackers is just the cherry on top for me. Lacking classbalance and no love for group ranked was what sealed the deal for me.

This games pvp is dead. I denied it for too long because i really liked the game but this games pvp is dead.