The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Weapon Tuning Unlock

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
I've really been wanting the lightning one, but I really would like it to be added to the collections before I gather up insane amounts of credits just to give it to one of my two weapons. Wish there was word on this matter seeing as a great many people have been wanting this to happen. ^^'

Weapon tunings really need an unlock. I have one from LvD in the stash that I just can't bring myself to use. I'm not sure which character it should go on.

Please let us pay CC to unlock them for Legacy. If that's not feasible, make them Legacy bound. Thank you!

I agree. Add them to collections so they can be unlocked. They're quite rare and very expensive on the GTN. I actually bought a hypercrate off the GTN to try to get one because it was cheaper than the tuning I wanted.

As a temporary workaround, I pass the one I got out of a DvL reward crate via legacy weapons (Niko's pistols). Costs about 20k credits each time (about 10k to remove from the weapon it's in, then another 10k after I've mailed it to an alt for their use). It does mean I can't get multiple of the same tuning on the same or different characters, but it's better than saving up millions of credits to get another off the GTN.

• 4 months later...
If this item can't be unlocked in collections, could you guys make it legacy bound at least?

Can you not put it into a legacy weapon and move it between characters that way?

Legacy bound weapons are quite common now.

Can you not put it into a legacy weapon and move it between characters that way?

Legacy bound weapons are quite common now.

You can. And that's why they won't let us unlock them in Collections. (Get on one character, unlock it, extract, put in legacy weapon, pass around, extract, unlock it for that character, put it back in the legacy weapon, repeat until unlocked everywhere without paying CC to unlock it.)

• 1 month later...

Willing to pay good coin for unlimited tunings!

You can. And that's why they won't let us unlock them in Collections. (Get on one character, unlock it, extract, put in legacy weapon, pass around, extract, unlock it for that character, put it back in the legacy weapon, repeat until unlocked everywhere without paying CC to unlock it.)

You can do that for color crystals too, they're in collection.. :p

Edited by Kiesu

Willing to pay good coin for unlimited tunings!

You can do that for color crystals too, they're in collection.. :p

And that "loophole" may well be why BW chose not to add tunings to the collections system.

They were nice and left the crystals in the collections system, but that does not mean they have to leave that loophole in place for all future "similar" items.

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking forward to tuning account wide. Now I am disappointed. 1 use only, very frustrating!

could you change that? i have been a subscriber for years and thought this was a cool add on, now I find out its limited.

Oh well. Let me know if that changes....

I was looking forward to tuning account wide. Now I am disappointed. 1 use only, very frustrating!

could you change that? i have been a subscriber for years and thought this was a cool add on, now I find out its limited.

Oh well. Let me know if that changes....

Not one-use only. Not like dyes are. Tunings can be removed from their weapon, just like crystals, barrels, hilts, etc. can, and put into a legacy-bound weapon for transfer to another character.

Not one-use only. Not like dyes are. Tunings can be removed from their weapon, just like crystals, barrels, hilts, etc. can, and put into a legacy-bound weapon for transfer to another character.

This is kind of a back door, workaround approach, when clearly it should have the collections unlock mechanic applied to it...

This is kind of a back door, workaround approach, when clearly it should have the collections unlock mechanic applied to it...

Something would be needed to prevent players from moving them around in legacy weapons and unlocking them without paying the fee. You can currently do this with colour crystals, and I think they wanted to avoid repeating that mistake.

Easy solution, make tunings selfdestruct on extraction, like dyes. Add to collection. Done.

And then also add dyes to collection, no reason to keep them out either. I want my obnoxious pinks available whenever, wherever.

Edited by Kiesu

• 4 months later...