(Spoiler) Chapter 13 - Romances from the failed mission at the end of the Chapter

Darth_Exar

So, at the end of chapter 13 we see Kaliyo and Jorgan return from the botched GEMINI mission, I was wondering, since we have the option to kill whichever disobeyed your orders, what happens when the person in question is your romance? I know killing your romanced companion is probably taboo, but I was just wondering if there is some special dialogue or if there is even an option to kill your love interest for going against your orders?

So, at the end of chapter 13 we see Kaliyo and Jorgan return from the botched GEMINI mission, I was wondering, since we have the option to kill whichever disobeyed your orders, what happens when the person in question is your romance? I know killing your romanced companion is probably taboo, but I was just wondering if there is some special dialogue or if there is even an option to kill your love interest for going against your orders?

Yup. And it takes a really ****ed up individual to kill their husband/wife just because they went to help the other without permission.

You can check it out on youtube. I know the scene where you kill jorgan if you romance him is epic. He says something like ,, you cant do this... i love you...." and he says it in the saddest voice and then the face he makes when you shoot him is priceless and theron and lana are just like omg in their face expression. And kaliyo adds a comment like ,,thats quite a way to end a relationship"

You can check it out on youtube. I know the scene where you kill jorgan if you romance him is epic. He says something like ,, you cant do this... i love you...." and he says it in the saddest voice and then the face he makes when you shoot him is priceless and theron and lana are just like omg in their face expression. And kaliyo adds a comment like ,,thats quite a way to end a relationship"

Yup. And it takes a really ****ed up individual to kill their husband/wife just because they went to help the other without permission.

I....I think I'm scarred for life. :eek::( That was painful to watch, and Jorgan wasn't even one of my favorite LI's. I could never choose that option, especially not if I romanced him. My gosh, talk about heartless.

I respect those who choose to kill either Aric or Kaliyo from an RP perspective where it makes sense for their character to take such an action. The thing that I have a harder time understanding is why someone who romanced either Aric of Kaliyo would choose to kill them. That's your husband/wife! You were reunited after 5 years and chose to continue your relationship with them! Why romance them at all if you're just going to kill them two or three chapters later? Other than wanting to get DS points, what is there to gain? I'm sure those who make that choice will quickly pay for it later on.

And I truly don't understand those who killed one of them for kicks and giggles. That's just completely messed up to me.

Some cultures praise people who do such actions for example one of the greatest Korean heroes a general killed his wife and children so he could boost the moral of his troops and yes he did with that act and rested for more then a week against a army about 40 times bigger but he lost in the end and his country was well conquered which made his sacrifice in the end pointless but he is considered a hero.

I can never understand some cultures.

Edited by adormitul

The thing that I have a harder time understanding is why someone who romanced either Aric of Kaliyo would choose to kill them. That's your husband/wife! You were reunited after 5 years and chose to continue your relationship with them! Why romance them at all if you're just going to kill them two or three chapters later? Other than wanting to get DS points, what is there to gain? I'm sure those who make that choice will quickly pay for it later on.

Obviously, there are limits. If Aric had been the one to disobey my Trooper (For my Trooper, it was Kaliyo), that isn't good enough for death or even banishment. (Temporary demotion to base toilet scrubber and sleeping on the couch though....)

But there are limits.

If it turns out in the Season 1 finale that Aric was WILLINGLY (not through torture or mind control) helping Arcann set up the Alliance by having Havoc pose as a resistance and then betraying us in a way that breaks or severely injures the Alliance, well.....

The Trooper loves Aric more than life itself. Her grief over her missing husband led her to take a more ruthless slant to her decisions (not dark side per se but the decision to not bomb the spire wouldn't have been such a close one and she would have never allowed Valk to help her against Arcann if her loss hadn't put her in a place where vengeance over Arcann was one of her prime motivations.). Finding Aric was like being able to breathe again.

But, if he pulled such a betrayal, I can see the Trooper passing a death sentence no matter how much it would kill her inside.

Hum, that's all kinda dark so I'll end on a lighter note.

And I truly don't understand those who killed one of them for kicks and giggles. That's just completely messed up to me.

Okay, so you haven't met my inquisitor AKA the murder-hobo. Suffice to say, I can see her doing it just for laughs.

What kind of monster would do that? Murder their husband in cold blood. I need to throw up.

My Agent murdered his wife Kaliyo in cold blood. She almost seemed to have different death animations when it was him that killed her. I deeply regret not recording it.

I can never choose such horrible options, it makes my blood run cold. I mean it's one thing if the person was your enemy but killing someone who loved you because they made a mistake? BioWare's characters are too sympathetic and real for me to ever be able to do something like that (unlike Fable or Skyrim or similar).

I can never choose such horrible options, it makes my blood run cold. I mean it's one thing if the person was your enemy but killing someone who loved you because they made a mistake? BioWare's characters are too sympathetic and real for me to ever be able to do something like that (unlike Fable or Skyrim or similar).

That depends how you roleplay. If you are a die-hard military woman and Aric disobeys you and in the progress ruins the mission...that is the perfect reason o say "you are not the man I fallen in love with" because he was always all about duty - and he failed his.

But yeah, I wouldn't do it either - not on a rpmanced toon :)

The best and most successful sith are the ones who know how to restrain themselves. Darth Sidious, Exar Kun and even Darth Krayth they did not killed subordinates who failed them unlike Vader they knew they still had value and kept them using them for another time.

I think Vader is the only sith that did that and well that is stupid its stupid evil the worst kinds of people.

That depends how you roleplay. If you are a die-hard military woman and Aric disobeys you and in the progress ruins the mission...that is the perfect reason o say "you are not the man I fallen in love with" because he was always all about duty - and he failed his.

But yeah, I wouldn't do it either - not on a rpmanced toon :)

I DO understand your point.

Though, whether it was accidental, on purpose, or **** just happened, I don't care how die hard I am, I'm not killing my Trooper's husband. Hell, I didn't kill Kaliyo (didn't get the choice since everyone either side, had permission to go in and help the other).

Even the alliance alerts I didn't kill. My sith warrior put xalek in jail, but kill? No.

But as you said, it does depend on how you RP your toons. I RP everyone as one big *** happy family and my other toons couldn't kill Jorgan due to him being Husband/Brother-in-law/Uncle by marriage. Kaliyo is basically same boat, friend who helped take care of my agent and vector's daughter, room mate, etc.

Basically, all the companions, for all my toons know each other due to family wise stuff. Sister-inlaws, brother-in-laws, wives, husbands, uncles, aunts, BFFs, etc. My Sith War knows Gault, and knows Vector and knows Kaliyo, etc.

Edited by Eanelinea

I respect those who choose to kill either Aric or Kaliyo from an RP perspective where it makes sense for their character to take such an action. The thing that I have a harder time understanding is why someone who romanced either Aric of Kaliyo would choose to kill them. That's your husband/wife! You were reunited after 5 years and chose to continue your relationship with them! Why romance them at all if you're just going to kill them two or three chapters later? Other than wanting to get DS points, what is there to gain? I'm sure those who make that choice will quickly pay for it later on.

This.

My assassin doesn't know Jordan at all other than Theron arranging for a meeting. She was unimpressed by Jordan's high hand behavior in the swamp. Then she sent Kailyo in to get the Gemni and order Jordan to create a disturbance and then ordered him to stay put. Jordan popped of on her and then when he came back and was given a chance to explain still the attitude. Enough was Enough for her.

My agent knew Kailyo too well and this was Kailyo last chance and when she disobeyed a direct order and then copped an attitude when my agent asked her about it. Exiling her was not an option as my agent knew by now trusting Kailyo to keep quiet was not going to work and it would not be safe for the alliance. (Note: as I am a lady and only play lady toons no romance there)

Edited by casirabit

The only one I can see murdering their spouse (especially for something like failing a mission)is a sith as many of them are evil, illogical, and crazy. I guess I can see a hardcore trooper divorcing and kicking out their spouse but not murdering them. Either way, I've roleplayed evil characters but there are just some things I can't do (ex: kill a spouse, sell Fenris back into slavery in DA2, execute Alistair in DA:O, betray Wrex and the Krogan in ME3, etc...) just because they upset me too much. The characters are too realistic and sympathetic, I can't even watch the videos of other people doing those things :( Edited by Nefla

The only one I can see murdering their spouse (especially for something like failing a mission)is a sith as many of them are evil, illogical, and crazy. I guess I can see a hardcore trooper divorcing and kicking out their spouse but not murdering them. Either way, I've roleplayed evil characters but there are just some things I can't do (ex: kill a spouse, sell Fenris back into slavery in DA2, execute Alistair in DA:O, betray Wrex and the Krogan in ME3, etc...) just because they upset me too much. The characters are too realistic and sympathetic, I can't even watch the videos of other people doing those things :(

Even my sith couldn't do it. My warrior is light 5 and my inquisitor is light 5 and both love their husbands. To kill either would take ALOT and I mean A LOT. Not just 'oh that thing you did 8 years ago game time deserves death even though I said I forgave you, yeah no. You forgive them, you keep your word.

But, eh. When people wind up with their alliance finding some way to kill them in their sleep or leave unnoticed, they'll stop killing willy-nilly. (The non-rpers I mean)

Even my sith couldn't do it. My warrior is light 5 and my inquisitor is light 5 and both love their husbands. To kill either would take ALOT and I mean A LOT. Not just 'oh that thing you did 8 years ago game time deserves death even though I said I forgave you, yeah no. You forgive them, you keep your word.

But, eh. When people wind up with their alliance finding some way to kill them in their sleep or leave unnoticed, they'll stop killing willy-nilly. (The non-rpers I mean)

I agree with this even though I play a character who is dark 5. Even my Sith won't kill Jaesa. He loves her and she means the world to him. He would tear apart the galaxy for her. Yes she's crazy but it's only matched by his crazy. She's the only one he feels he can relate to and can understand him. Destroying her would be a massive blow to his psyche as it'd be like killing the only one like him. In short they love each other in their own screwed up way. As for my other characters.. they're not even dark. They flutter around grey and light and there's no way they can conceivably think of killing their spouse. My inquisitor might if she suddenly went insane and tried to kill him but that'd still be self defense.

I agree with this even though I play a character who is dark 5. Even my Sith won't kill Jaesa. He loves her and she means the world to him. He would tear apart the galaxy for her. Yes she's crazy but it's only matched by his crazy. She's the only one he feels he can relate to and can understand him. Destroying her would be a massive blow to his psyche as it'd be like killing the only one like him. In short they love each other in their own screwed up way. As for my other characters.. they're not even dark. They flutter around grey and light and there's no way they can conceivably think of killing their spouse. My inquisitor might if she suddenly went insane and tried to kill him but that'd still be self defense.

I'm pretty sure the Alliance Alerts don't make too much of a difference whether you kill 'em or not (I'm not just in case), but I have a feeling, maybe not now, maybe not next chapter or two, but the closer we get to season 2 and the end of this story arc/expansion, the deaths people have caused of the main story companions ie: Jorgan, Kaliyo, Gault, Vette, Theron, Lana, Koth, Senya, Scorpio, T7, those guys, will come back and bite us on the *** hard.

I know right now we can only kill Tanno, Kaliyo and Jorgan. But that's not to say we can't kill the other story guys. I just don't want to take the chance. Who knows, I may need EVERYBODY to help out.

I'm pretty sure the Alliance Alerts don't make too much of a difference whether you kill 'em or not (I'm not just in case), but I have a feeling, maybe not now, maybe not next chapter or two, but the closer we get to season 2 and the end of this story arc/expansion, the deaths people have caused of the main story companions ie: Jorgan, Kaliyo, Gault, Vette, Theron, Lana, Koth, Senya, Scorpio, T7, those guys, will come back and bite us on the *** hard.

I kind of assumed the Alliance Alerts wouldn't really matter much either (whether you recruited or killed them or whatever) but I'm still wondering why I got a message from Xalek that "he will remember your cruelty" when I sent him to jail. That seems to imply he's going to pop up again later...:eek: