Anyone else getting ridiculously huge lag spikes?

dcaleb

It keeps spiking up to 3 full seconds of lag ( 3000+ milliseconds) and then just going back to having full bars entirely at random. I can't tell if the problem is on Bioware's end or mine.

*touch wood*

Hasn't been too bad lately but I've had them.

I traced it to a hub in Washington DC. Poor little packets hit that hub and get lost. Frustrating sitting there watching the ping times just climb and climb until BOOM, game boots me.

I get them once in awhile. Usually when my character is running. Everything will freeze for half a second 3 to 4 times in a row then go back to normal. Thankfully it only happens one time every hour or two.

It keeps spiking up to 3 full seconds of lag ( 3000+ milliseconds) and then just going back to having full bars entirely at random. I can't tell if the problem is on Bioware's end or mine.

omg 3 seconds its the end of the world....but yes i have them too i didnt before but its not a huge deal

These lag spikes / game freezes have actually been going on for a few weeks. And they actually are a big deal when it happens in the middle of the Master/Blaster or Revan fight. Raid freezes/lags, when unfreeze tanks die, raid wipes. Or healers have heals being cast then get lag/freeze and the target has died by the time it un-lags/unfreezes.

Perhaps this is just another "feature" we are supposed to bend over and enjoy...:/

For me the game just locks down for a few seconds.

No key stroke available, no motion, nothing.

After that (and if I am lucky) I am still alive.

Similar for me. It's been happening for a bit over a week. Huge lag spikes, and then I get dropped to the server selection screen. Combined with the game freezing, often but not always during fights.

Have just had this happening to me on Shadowlands. Sudden lag spikes, then either the red dot or the red X and frozen till it either kicks me to character select or improves. Not fun in the middle of a fight.

Same. I thought Shadowlands was down. Getting hit with massive lag spikes that come from no where while the rest of my programmes are working smoothly.

Just look at this.

Edited by StarkHelsing

Hellacious lag tonight but I can see where it's happening on the route. I'm in the EU going into a US server so it's really heinous.

Oh well, the dishes could stand doing. :)

Yeah, I'm in Europe as well. I hope this doesn't mean I'm completely stuffed in terms of playing on an american server with my friends. -_-

Yeah, I'm in Europe as well. I hope this doesn't mean I'm completely stuffed in terms of playing on an american server with my friends. -_-

For me (coming into an East Coast server from Germany) it's sporadic and I can always trace it to a router in Washington DC. I wish they'd get that sorted. Been going on for weeks now.

Must be the issue i'm having. I see no other reason for me to be hit with such lag. It just jumps from being perfectly fine to a 10k ms lag, then back down again, up, down and then just simply disconnected. All for which happened randomly. Had no issues with lag this severe before o.O

Must be the issue i'm having. I see no other reason for me to be hit with such lag. It just jumps from being perfectly fine to a 10k ms lag, then back down again, up, down and then just simply disconnected. All for which happened randomly. Had no issues with lag this severe before o.O

That's exactly what I encounter. Fine, 10k, lowers a bit and then back up 'til disco.

It's sporadic and seems to not matter what time of day/night.

Annoying. Bit ironic in that data makes it all the way from here to DC and then hits that one hop and bloooooey.

Started happening to me tonight. Sometimes it literally stops and disconnects me. It's not my internet, can play all other games fine and getting normal speed on ping/speed tests. 100% the game.

Ebon Hawk server. I'm also EU on a US realm.

Really hope BioWare fix/look into this. The game becomes unplayable quite frequently.

Edited by Dirtnose

I'm in the EU and playing on the Red Eclipse server. Usually I have <50ms server lag, today it's been a constant 98ms+. That's not the problem though, the problem are the sporadic lag spikes where it goes up in the thousands. One time I even got disconnected in the middle of a Voidstar match.

I checked my devices and connection, everything is perfect on my side. I'd be surprised if it wasn't, my provider's servers are right across the street and I've never had any connection issues with them.

This isn't a huge deal yet but I'd like to see it fixed soon anyway.

Seems to be a EU issue then. Data packets all getting lost in that one little area across the pond. Sadly mine simply gives up totally. I log in and I'm already on the verge of being kicked. I thought it had stabilized a moment ago when I saw a stable 70ms for a good two minutes, but then I was locked into a conversation as it decided to [X] out while in said conversation.

I wouldn't call it sporadic right now due to the fact it's been happening for two hours straight, just up and down - left and right. I'm not getting game time. :[

Bah. Can we get this fixed please?

Edited by StarkHelsing

Seems to be a EU issue then. Data packets all getting lost in that one little area across the pond. Sadly mine simply gives up totally. I log in and I'm already on the verge of being kicked. I thought it had stabilized a moment ago when I saw a stable 70ms for a good two minutes, but then I was locked into a conversation as it decided to [X] out while in said conversation.

I wouldn't call it sporadic right now due to the fact it's been happening for two hours straight, just up and down - left and right. I'm not getting game time. :[

Bah. Can we get this fixed please?

I logged. No point when it's carrying on like that. It's been sporadic over the past month or so. That's what I meant. :) When it starts, it sticks for awhile and then goes away for maybe a day or two and then comes back. I can always trace it to that one hop.