How would you rate the new Chapter (spoilers)?

DarthThuzad

I wished I had chosen the right options to kill Kalyio. But to be fair after watching the youtube videos and seeing the reactions of your followers I debate whether it would have been the 'right' move for my character.

That's part of what stopped me, yes. The other part is my belief that BW adores Kaliyo and that if I drop kick her through the goalposts of life, I'll end up paying for it in the long run.

So, peer pressure and paranoia. Great reasons, eh? :D

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It makes little sense for some of my characters. Like, a few of them are dating Theron for example and as much as I'm sure he'd understand that sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.. I don't think he'd be pleased to see his girlfriend murder people like that. Insubordination or not. In those situations it didn't even feel like the option 'fit', especially not after he advises you about other protocols instead.

I *am* going to do it on one of my Imp characters. Trying to decide which, probably my sorc. We'll see how that goes.

I *am* going to do it on one of my Imp characters. Trying to decide which, probably my sorc. We'll see how that goes.

Well my sorc is DS, however she is manipulative and knows how to play people, I mean she gave into the LS option with Jorgen when we were sent to recruit Havoc squad only because she knew the benefits that having a spec forces squad on hand would have.

She is also smart enough to know that she needs her people to follow her botched mission or not do you disrupt an alliance to kill someone?

Well my sorc is DS, however she is manipulative and knows how to play people, I mean she gave into the LS option with Jorgen when we were sent to recruit Havoc squad only because she knew the benefits that having a spec forces squad on hand would have.

She is also smart enough to know that she needs her people to follow her botched mission or not do you disrupt an alliance to kill someone?

I didn't say it was sensible. ;) She's a bit of a loonie and I am curious as to what angst I would bring on her by making unpopular or even divisive choices.

This was a fun chapter. My main is a sith warrior and play him as honorable warrior type, still a sith at his core though.

The story just fits so well for him and being a infanrty soldier...the last scenes with the caskets really hit home.

A good chapter for sure.

Liked it as an enjoyable romp. A few laugh-out loud moments - I'd forgotten how humerous Gault could be.

- He and Vette make for nice comic relief.

- Shame is wasn't longer though, and I miss having an (albeit clichéd) end-of-level boss. - Even a tussle with Vaylin herself would have been nice.

Not so keen on the scene with Kalio and Jorgan - and after a month I can't quite recall the exact circumstances which led to them doing their raid off-screen.

Can't quite get the angst part over not leading their mission - there was never a choice to do so, so I can't really feel anything for the body-bags coming home. - There wasn't a choice to recruit or ditch those two either- so they can destroy all Zakuul between them - It's not gonna be on my conscience.

Unsure how I feel about the eternal championship - Think Bowdaar probably would never reside on Zakuul for whatever reason - but IDK.

- I'm not gonna rush all the EC fights- I need some filler between PvP matches, and it'd be something to do during the next month - so I'm gonna look at them like a solo progression raid rather than gorging myself with it all in one sitting.

Story 8/10

Action 4/10

Recruitment and EC 5/10

Good in parts, nice interlude, far too short, could do better.

Edited by Storm-Cutter

You really want to know consequences ahead of time, doesn't that make the whole point of choices redundant.

Yes and no. Its just that the devs knew that people hate kaliyo and didnt want to recruit her. Well, now we know and my main's story got screwed up because of that...

Edited by Zasszz

Did anyone else think it was suspicious that Theron suggests punishment in the first place? It may just be my point of view, but I don't consider those people my underlings, I just think of them as people who work with me voluntarily. I don't view myself as having the authority to punish anyone, other than banishing them from the base if necessary.

Plus.. Theron (and Lana) could have just been dumped, recently, by the player character for either Kaliyo or Jorgan, and now all of a sudden, he wants me to punish them somehow. I dunno, smells fishy.

The last part of this chapter and the end of the last chapter is bugging me....

Without your presence the alliance members seem to totally fall apart when they should all be working toward a common goal and same principles (while some have different motives we all share the same enemy).

If the alliance head gives them a direct order (most notably ordering to save the GEMINI frequency rather than destroy it), Kaliyo and especially Jorgan just do the total opposite of what you have commanded them to do, and it really ticks me off, your presence should not matter if you already gave the flipping order, even more so with Lana and Theron still present to lead the operation, and when they return they have the audacity to get pissy at YOU when you are angered that they diverted from the original goal!

I tell you I didn't like Jorgan before but now I loath that Cathar, now I need to play a dark side playthrough of the current chapter and release the anger :rak_04:

Without your presence the alliance members seem to totally fall apart when they should all be working toward a common goal and same principles (while some have different motives we all share the same enemy).

Well that's another thing that seems suspicious to me. All this time Lana has been pushing like crazy for everyone to get along and work together and put differences aside. Apparently when you murder Jorgan she approves. Wha..?

The last part of this chapter and the end of the last chapter is bugging me....

If the alliance head gives them a direct order (most notably ordering to save the GEMINI frequency rather than destroy it), Kaliyo and especially Jorgan just do the total opposite of what you have commanded them to do, and it really ticks me off, your presence should not matter if you already gave the flipping order, even more so with Lana and Theron still present to lead the operation, and when they return they have the audacity to get pissy at YOU when you are angered that they diverted from the original goal!

I tell you I didn't like Jorgan before but now I loath that Cathar, now I need to play a dark side playthrough of the current chapter and release the anger :rak_04:

I've done that both light and dark, and light really made me grind my teeth... dark... breath of fresh air... watching the expression on that smug git's face... got my money's worth out of my sub this month.

I liked this chapter, not so many of the annoying slows and unnecessary crapage. Great story, good pace, companions I like back, and I discovered the beefcake holo-dancer in the cantina so there's that. No clue how long he's been there but cool nonetheless.

I must've missed the memo to murder him! (Jorgan)

Thing with Jorgan, his attitude stinks, and if it weren't for the fact that he's one of the few with proper military background, he'd be out on his furry ears.

The rest are a fractious bunch. If we are ever victorious, then it'll be a) a miracle and b) better be worth my while for keeping the dirty dozen from each other's throats.

Edited by Storm-Cutter

Well that's another thing that seems suspicious to me. All this time Lana has been pushing like crazy for everyone to get along and work together and put differences aside. Apparently when you murder Jorgan she approves. Wha..?

Lana's a classic Imperial. She wants people to put their differences aside and OBEY. She does what's "necessary" and has absolutely zero tolerance for insubordination. Consider Ziost where she straight up Vaders a guy without a moment's hesitation when she finds out he's a mole.

Favorite chapter so far (and I went through with a sin) Vette & Gault are favorite "non romanced" companions for me.

Lots of laughter, and having two comps at once was extra icing.

8/10

-2 points for yet more "I see you through stealth from 2 miles away!!!1!1!1!" Knights & no interaction with other LI

Edited by XiamaraSimi

It's also worth noting that she still looked as terrified as anyone else when you executed Jorgan.

It's also worth noting that she still looked as terrified as anyone else when you executed Jorgan.

That's interesting. I haven't actually watched it.

It's fine if I'm wrong, but I think it would be pretty juicy if the catalyst for all of this strife was Theron's jealousy. Of course that only makes sense if you've romanced or dumped him. I can't think of a rationale if that weren't the case.

(Unless when Valkorion disappeared he decided to mess with Theron and/or Lana's head, wouldn't that be funny. Because I'm also a little uncomfortable with how swiftly they shot down my plan of going to rescue Jorgan and Kaliyo. And how swiftly my character acquiesced.)

tldr: Just thinking out loud here! Probably reading way too much into it! :)

I'm with you Eane. Curiosity got the better of me so I looked it up on Ytube but damn.. there's no way I could stand doing that pixels or not. :( I'll probably even let Skadge live now and he's my least favorite ever.

I've taken 11 people through Kotfe. Only 6 through chapter 13 so far. One of those 11 are dark side. I gave Kaliyo or Jorgan permission to help the other, depending on who I sent first. So I never got the 'kill 'em!!!' option, which for ME is good.

But the way I see it is, this is an alliance. They volunteered to help you defeat Arcann and all the other Zakuul crap.

Me, light or dark, I have no authority to go killing people because they didn't listen to me. I mean, yeah I can tell them to go clean the *******s, or tell them to **** out of my alliance, but I don't want my companions fearing me.

So, on the 6 I've taken through so far, I told Jorgan and Kaliyo, first that I was glad they were both alive. Second, it was MY fault for not being there last chapter when I should have been (yeah I know Valkorian and Satele and Marr), and lastly, I told them that the alliance isn't going to work out very well for us winning if people can't work as a team and I dismissed them. (Sounded really weird on my Smuggler 'dismissed!' to them)

I still have Koth with all this happening, yes, even on my Dark Side character. Right now, I need everyone to cooperate and work as a team so more people don't die. I think I made Kaliyo and Jorgan rethink their bickering. Even on my trooper, who is married to Jorgan, I said the same stuff. If I (as whatever character I'm playing) want to win against Arcann, I need my alliance to get along.

I did feel really bad for Jorgan with all his newer Havoc squad members getting killed. It hurt me to see that. I was in the military for real so I know his pain. And I know he lashed out because of his pain.

But I can't just go around making all my members fear me by killing someone who doesn't listen. I have to put my big girl pants on and be an actual leader who is respected for being a good leader, not for instilling fear in everyone who volunteered. I would NOT be surprised if everything one has done in chapters 1-13, and next month chapter 14, comes and bites them in the *** for instilling fear. I have this scary thought that people will begin to quit the alliance, whether you're this great chosen one or not. I'd have people regret dethawing me. Regret joining me at all. Regret being in a relationship with me (Lana, Koth, Theron, maybe even some original LIs) and I don't want that.

Yes, Kaliyo is a pain in my *** and is a little *cusses like a sailor*, but I can't kill her. If I really need an outlet, I just get on my male pureblood operative and play ***** slap with her.

So, I want earned respect for being a great leader, and not fear for being an evil homicidal ****** leader.

I went through this as my bounty hunter and warrior. I thought the chapter was about the right length and I appreciated the Vette and Gault humor. I made the same choice for the situation that comes up at the end. Details below with a question.

I chose to tell them both I was glad they were alive. For me, the important thing in the story is defeating Arcann, so I need every weapon. I am thinking, with my inquisitor, who is 5-star evil and hot-headed, I may select an option where i kill Jorgan. Is there even an option to kill Kaliyo? She is a pain in the butt. another question, what happens if you choose to give Gault the money, rather than keep it in the Alliance?

I think the chapter is EXCELLENT.

I played through it first with a Juggernaut that had married Vette. I'm very satisfied with that aspect of it. Gault Rennow/Tyresius Lokai, how can you go wrong? VERY entertaining. The back story, and the outcome? I'm very, very satisfied.

Me, light or dark, I have no authority to go killing people because they didn't listen to me. I mean, yeah I can tell them to go clean the *******s, or tell them to **** out of my alliance, but I don't want my companions fearing me.

It's not just because they went against your authority (Which this chapter proves you have), it's because they made a stupid decision because they could wait a minuet and in the process got all of Havoc Squad killed. They make it clear, Havoc is dead because of the Rouge one's actions, this is especially logical for Kaliyo as she makes it very clear that she'd do it again in a heartbeat (This is almost JUST like the betrayal back in her companion quest) and even starts basically spitting on Havoc's graves.

Jorgan proves why killing him isn't the most logical option, where as Kaliyo proves what Agents already know. Better dead in a grave then by your back with a blade. She needs to be punished and exile would be an extremly dumb move for agents.

After playing through once and coming here and reading all the comments, I can honestly state that this is the first time I am excited to play through the chapter again. I'll run another character through tonight and it will be great to see what happens with some of the alternative choices.

:D