4.4 and no class''Balance''

brunocalico

You know how many people actually play that way though, like maybe 15-20%, the rest are number farming douchers that think everything is deathmatch.

Half the matches im in ill pull more medals than someone with twice my damage and get insulted for my contributions when if i didnt do my job and actually play the objectives over e-peen we never win.

I think you answered the question, presuming your numbers are accurate ;)

People becoming obseessed with out peforming the other to shine in their streams and to boost their personal ego rather then working as one entity.

Also you all do realize that this game will never be completely balanced right? its impossible, if you want balance you'll need to get rid of the trinity system, have the community vote for one class / spec to keep and remove the rest, now how fun would that be? :rak_02:

Edited by Gray

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you answered the question, presuming your numbers are accurate ;)

People becoming obseessed with out peforming the other to shine in their streams and to boost their personal ego rather then working as one entity.

Also you all do realize that this game will never be completely balanced right? its impossible, if you want balance you'll need to get rid of the trinity system, have the community vote for one class / spec to keep and remove the rest, now how fun would that be? :rak_02:

They are just an observed estimate, but i dont think they are wholly inaccurate.

When people ask for balance it isnt mathematical, at least not when i do. You are right there is no such thing as complete balance. When i use the term i simply mean all classes have the relative same overall viability. Each class should have its niche... some will always be better 1V1, some will always have more survivability, some will always have more damage. It when the gap between the top and bottom gets so big that it creates a vacuum of certain classes that it must be addressed.

In my view the biggest issue we have right now pertains to survivability. Some classes are fully self sufficient, others cannot perform without help. Thats a problem.

I see, as of now I can only think of the Healing Sage/Sorc. This class is great for newcomers but veterans become gods. The force management could use a tweak, there is too much gain without pain.

I don't complain tho, I mean with the current skill gap between the veterans and the KOTFE insta 60 char newcomers or those that did weekly H2 and reached 65 and jumped into PvP, imagine their facial expression. (:eek:)

This is where the current state of Sage/Sorc is actually good, leave the class to the rookies and let the more experienced players drop their wizard, grow some balls and re-roll Operative or Mercenary for healing :p

Edited by Gray

I always want balance to change the meta more than address specific classes. I have been off more than on the past year just to being bored with the meta built around mitigating tanks and healers. Really its been like that before sorcs were tops but not as bad.

I like the idea someone posted on each class getting each role. As an alternative to nerfing, maybe blur the lines by having more classes excel at more things.