I saw a duck on the sidewalk today...

Gokkus

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BW is admitting their goose isn't cooked! The game is DYINGN!!!1!2@!

Summer is coming,

The goose is getting fat

Bioware update SWtoR

That's where it's at

If you can't update SWtoR,

A half update will do!

If there's no half update,

Then what ever shall I do!?

Summer is coming,

The goose is getting fat

Bioware update SWtoR

That's where it's at

If you can't update SWtoR,

A half update will do!

If there's no half update,

Then what ever shall I do!?

Where would you like your internet delivered? For you have surely won the internet today.

So how about it folks, whether someone believes this game to be an MMO or a single player game, whether someone wants a challenge or just an easy ride, whether (s)he enjoys leveling or just endgame, to PvP or to do Ops, clicking or key-bindig, whether you feel they belong in this game or not, or even if you feel they are playing the game wrong...just let them play the game the way they want. The only wrong way to play this game is to do so not enjoying it.

Who is stopping anyone from enjoying the game the way they want? People use the forums as a place to point out their enjoyment, satisfaction with the game or more commonly the lack there of.

Often the negativity comes about as frustration and uncertainty from the player base as to the future of the game and more particularly that their particular beloved parts of it may be getting ignored or no longer getting new content.

See it's easy to sit back and try encourage people to just enjoy what they enjoy but when the content you enjoy you've done to death that it's no longer fun or the server you play on has depopulated that you can no longer get groups or PVP to do the content then it's easy to see why people are frustrated.

It's important to note that just about everyone who posts negatively, no matter how they go about, actually do want to play the game and want it to succeed ... they just want more to do for their particular interests. They probably don't really give a crap how you go about playing your game but when changes get made to the game that impacts upon them then they get frustrated at Bioware for making foolish design choices like this ( won't bother going into examples, it's been done to death. )

I think the biggest thing that pisses people off though is the lack of decent communication about what content is/is not coming for them. It doesn't need to go into huge specifics ... just "yes more operations are coming but not exactly as you know them" or "yes we are going to look to have more pvp maps within the next 12 months - it's on our roadmap - no promises though" - just something to keep people happy and feel like they are being listened to and also have something to look forward to in the future and know new content for what they enjoy is not being completely written off.

The frustration and uncertainty I speak of comes from this lack of communication as I see it and when you have the likes of Ben, a producer for this game, posting nonsense posts like the one he made in this thread whilst refusing to even reply once to the mess of a thread he started with his "open letter" all it does is anger people even further and feel like he doesn't really take anyone's concerns or questions seriously at all. It's almost insulting.

My short point in all this is ... you play how you want to play, no one wants to stop you. Likewise everyone else will post how they want to post - no need to make witty threads implying they shouldn't. If you don't like the negativity ... don't read it. :)

mmmm, I hear Canada geese are rather tasty, though they don't have the hate up here like they do in the US.

Canadian geese are viciously, aggressively, territorial in the US, and grass goes through them like, well, grass through a goose. They leave the evidence all over, and it's not very good for the lawns. Plus, they're protected by international treaty, so you can't do anything about them other than try and run them off.

Canadian geese are viciously, aggressively, territorial in the US, and grass goes through them like, well, grass through a goose. They leave the evidence all over, and it's not very good for the lawns. Plus, they're protected by international treaty, so you can't do anything about them other than try and run them off.

http://www.fgc.ca.gov/regulations/current/waterfowlregs.aspx#502

And yes they are tasty...

It's actually very easy to get a permit to hunt them, though they currently aren't being hunted nearly enough to reduce their population.

I think the reason Americans hate them more is during the winter, the US plays host to both it's own resident Canada goose population, as well as Canada's. Which, unlike Canada's human population, is considerable.

My short point in all this is ... you play how you want to play, no one wants to stop you. Likewise everyone else will post how they want to post - no need to make witty threads implying they shouldn't. If you don't like the negativity ... don't read it. :)

You obviously have a lot of frustration towards the game. Thats ok, and there are thousands of topics where you can vent this frustration to infinity. This one however, wasnt meant to be one of those. This is how I wanted to post. If you cannot handle a light hearted thread with a message that I feel is relevant wrapped in it...don't read it.

You obviously have a lot of frustration towards the game. Thats ok, and there are thousands of topics where you can vent this frustration to infinity. This one however, wasnt meant to be one of those. This is how I wanted to post. If you cannot handle a light hearted thread with a message that I feel is relevant wrapped in it...don't read it.

There's always one.

The neighbour's "duck herd" (about a dozen of them) came waddling over this morning and all I could think of was this thread. They were milling about at the fenceline making a ruckus. At sunrise...

Why would anyone want to kick the duck? Even Sith like ducks - especially for breakfast. But in less then 30 days this duck,which is certainly not superior to other ducks, will stop paying for using the pond and if enough ducks do that,what then? Only sideways will remain and all ducks that will be left will be forced to sit there anyway,and even that for a short while.

Then sideways will follow the pond and only the wind and whispers of memories of hundreds of thousands of happy ducks,quacking in joy, will remain,forever carried by the solar wind to the galaxy far far away and then to infinity,and beyond.

#ducks #sad #crueltimes

Edited by DisIzMe

Why would anyone want to kick the duck? Even Sith like ducks - especially for breakfast. But in less then 30 days this duck,which is certainly not superior to other ducks, will stop paying for using the pond and if enough ducks do that,what then? Only sideways will remain and all ducks that will be left will be forced to sit there anyway,and even that for a short while.

Then sideways will follow the pond and only the wind and whispers of memories of hundreds of thousands of happy ducks,quacking in joy, will remain,forever carried by the solar wind to the galaxy far far away and then to infinity,and beyond.

#ducks #sad #crueltimes

https://drawception.com/game/kf6MaLhctQ/ducks-in-space/

There's always one.

The neighbour's "duck herd" (about a dozen of them) came waddling over this morning and all I could think of was this thread. They were milling about at the fenceline making a ruckus. At sunrise...

Slightly earlier than convenient I can imagine.

I have to admit...I watched the geese youtube stream for about 30-45 minutes. Granted, the chat was at times hilarious and the music epic, which made it a lot more entertaining. A new appreciation of duck and duck-like creatures was an unexpected side-effect of this thread.

Slightly earlier than convenient I can imagine.

I have to admit...I watched the geese youtube stream for about 30-45 minutes. Granted, the chat was at times hilarious and the music epic, which made it a lot more entertaining. A new appreciation of duck and duck-like creatures was an unexpected side-effect of this thread.

Oh, I'm always up at sunrise, often before in the winter months.

Ducks and chickens love to visit. No idea why, maybe a version of "the grass is greener" or has less horse...uh...leavings in it.

QUACK CLUCK CLUCK QUACK

And then on the mornings when the woodpecker joins in. Rural living. ;)

I'm so sad. I missed the live goose cam. :(

Bioware has a couple videos on their twitter account, including the Final Mission, along with the art and the name voting.

It has a better ending than ME3.

Edited by KyaniteD

Well how you meant it and how it's perceived is besides the point.

Your supposed "relevant" message is only relevant to you though as far as I'm concerned and it's misguided hence my response.

That was how I wanted to reply ... if you can't handle my reply to a public topic you made then don't read it and certainly don't reply to it ... go play ostrich some more instead. ;)

Well how you meant it and how it's perceived is besides the point.

Your supposed "relevant" message is only relevant to you though as far as I'm concerned and it's misguided hence my response.

That was how I wanted to reply ... if you can't handle my reply to a public topic you made then don't read it and certainly don't reply to it ... go play ostrich some more instead. ;)

Yeah I know its painful when your own logic gets used against you, but trying to fix it like this seems kinda desperate.

So you dont think the topic is relevant, thats fine. Just seems like you are wasting your time reading it then, wouldnt you say?