The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Well this stinks of desperation.....

Darklighter

Attack me all you want. But every other game out there doesn't just give away a lvl 60 character boost out FOR FREE.

You PAY for it. Either with an expansion purchase, or a straight cash purchase. Not free.

If you don't see the fact they are handing out a lvl 60 character to ANYONE that bothers to download and load into the game as desperation, then it is YOU that has issues...

Did you forget when this expansion launch we got a lvl 60 for free as well or did that slip your mind?

Also it is not to anyone it is to those that sub that get the level 60 for free along with the first chapter, the same thing they did at the beginning in case you forgot that.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the end of the world as we know it, the sky is falling, the sky is falling!

Ok, Chicken Little, that's very nice. Now I'm going to go play the game and have fun.

Mmmm...chicken.

It's always interesting to see how people see the same thing so very differently. Half empty/half full...

This reeks of desperation. I'm guessing their subscription numbers are plummeting.

I'm still subbed....but haven't logged into the game in a few weeks. Totally lost the will to.

I'm guessing a lot of people feel the same way, and have unsubbed.

I hope so. I hope it's lighting a fire under their *****...but I doubt it...and Bioware really doesn't gaf if you play or not, as long as you stay subbed.

Free access to KotFE chapter 1? So all new people can make a level 60, lose their companions and be stuck in carbonite until they throw money at bioware?

I fail to see how that would entice anyone.

Well if they have not got far enough into a class story to be level 60 then they are not going to be 'attached' to any of the companions they loose and a 'cliff-hanger' tries to entice people to want to see the outcome.

Well if they have not got far enough into a class story to be level 60 then they are not going to be 'attached' to any of the companions they loose and a 'cliff-hanger' tries to entice people to want to see the outcome.

When you watch television and there is season 6 on tv of a series you never watched before...well some people want to see season 1-5 first, others want to jump straight into season 6. BW gives you that choice as well.

I hope so. I hope it's lighting a fire under their *****...but I doubt it...and Bioware really doesn't gaf if you play or not, as long as you stay subbed.

Well...yeah. Less stress on the servers if you're paying but not playing. Cynical, but there it is. Gone are the days of lovingly hand-crafted games from small dev houses. This is now Big Business.

Well...yeah. Less stress on the servers if you're paying but not playing. Cynical, but there it is. Gone are the days of lovingly hand-crafted games from small dev houses. This is now Big Business.

EXACTLY Die!

You have invoked for me the image of an Amish craftsman, carefully working at his hand-lathe to turn out a new MMO.

That's good work for a Friday, thanks.

You have invoked for me the image of an Amish craftsman, carefully working at his hand-lathe to turn out a new MMO.

That's good work for a Friday, thanks.

I thank you for the good laugh, now cleaning coffee off my desk. Living here in Amish country I can tell you that would be quite the sight. :D

Did you forget when this expansion launch we got a lvl 60 for free as well or did that slip your mind?

Also it is not to anyone it is to those that sub that get the level 60 for free along with the first chapter, the same thing they did at the beginning in case you forgot that.

I sure did not forget. I also didn't forget the monthly fee for the lvl 60 boost that came with me PAYING.

Why would they offer a lvl 60 boost and free access to Chapter 1 to subscribers.....when as a subscriber, we already GOT a lvl 60 boost...and we have access to ALL chapters?

I'm guessing you're a bit confused....

...I'm guessing you're a bit confused....

Or, less bitter and cynical than you are.

It's not a big deal, it's a promo. Not sure why this has you up in arms. You seem disproportionately upset over something that has occurred before and is pretty much an industry standard anymore.

You're 100% correct. I'm guilty of nostalgia and optimism. Like you TUX, I've been here since the beginning.

I desperately WANT this game to succeed and grow.

I can't ignore that the current trend seems to be going in the opposite direction.

Or, less bitter and cynical than you are.

It's not a big deal, it's a promo. Not sure why this has you up in arms. You seem disproportionately upset over something that has occurred before and is pretty much an industry standard anymore.

How does pointing out the obvious make me bitter, cynical, and upset?

No offense, but you don't know me. Like my observation or don't. It doesn't give you the right to insult me.

Why would they offer a lvl 60 boost and free access to Chapter 1 to subscribers.....when as a subscriber, we already GOT a lvl 60 boost...and we have access to ALL chapters?

Makes sense to me. First, go back and read what you quoted.... FREE TRIAL promotion, not subscriber perk. They get chapter 1 and a @60 token to they could try it out immediately.

The 60 tokens subscribers got was simply to facilitate an early jump into the KoTFE chapters, which meant that entry was not limited only to subs with capped level characters. Subs only got one token, and could only use it on one server. After that, they had to buy more tokens.

It would be kind of stupid from a marking perspective to offer free access to non-subs for Chapter 1, but then deny they access because they do not have any character at level 60.

Stop thinking from the perspective of a veteran player. This is a promotion to spark interest in the chapter based theme running in 4.x and a 60 token going with it makes perfect sense. It makes perfect sense to offer the front end of what subs get as a promotional attractor.

As for allegations of "desperation", it is you that reads as being desperate to disparage a game you admittedly rarely log in to play anymore. :rolleyes:

Edited by Andryah

Makes sense to me. First, go back and read what you quoted.... FREE TRIAL promotion, not subscriber perk. They get chapter 1 and a @60 token to they could try it out immediately.

The 60 tokens subscribers got was simply to facilitate an early jump into the KoTFE chapters, which meant that entry was not limited only to subs with capped level characters. Subs only got one token, and could only use it on one server. After that, they had to buy more tokens.

It would be kind of stupid from a marking perspective to offer free access to non-subs for Chapter 1, but then deny they access because they do not have any character at level 60.

Stop thinking from the perspective of a veteran player. This is a promotion to spark interest in the chapter based theme running in 4.x and a 60 token going with it makes perfect sense.

As for allegations of "desperation", it is you reads as you being desperate to disparage a game you admittedly rarely log in to play anymore. :rolleyes:

You're right. I should stop caring and unsub. When I and all that feel as I do leave, enjoy your empty game, since we all gave up and left.

Oh wait...didn't YOU leave and come back, Andryah? Yet you criticize me for staying the entire time and watching the game die a slow death?

Edited by Darklighter

No offense, but you don't know me. Like my observation or don't. It doesn't give you the right to insult me.

You do in fact seem bitter that the studio is offering the front end entry of KoTFE for free as a promotion.

What... bent that you paid for it as part of simply being a sub? :rolleyes:

Your words define you. If that isn't "you", then perhaps you need to reconsider how you communicate.

As for "pointing out the obvious" that is, obviously ( :p ) up for debate. It is certainly YOUR contention but it's only that unless and until EA/BW posts facts and figures.

You do in fact seem bitter that the studio is offering the front end entry of KoTFE for free as a promotion.

What... bent that you paid for it as part of simply being a sub? :rolleyes:

Perhaps you should reread my original post. I mentioned the program, and stated it reeks of desperation because of lost subscriptions. I never said I was bitter. I never even said the program was a good or bad idea. Just pointing out WHY they are offering it.

What you read into my feelings is your Fantasy Land.

Attack me all you want. But every other game out there doesn't just give away a lvl 60 character boost out FOR FREE.

What are you smoking? And why aren't you sharing? :D

EVERY expansion of WoW, Blizzard - the king of the hill of MMO publishers - practically BEGS me to come back to WoW promos like this i.e. " see the latest content right now by boosting a character to level X."

EVERY expansion of WoW, Blizzard - the king of the hill of MMO publishers - practically BEGS me to come back to WoW promos like this i.e. " see the latest content right now by boosting a character to level X."

Yep. I got a beg email from Blizzard just this week offering me a WoW free level cap and 7 days play time, and all prior expacs for free.

I have not played WoW in like 6 years either... but I guess I remain on their target marketing list.

You're right. I should stop caring and unsub. When I and all that feel as I do leave, enjoy your empty game, since we all gave up and left.

Oh wait...didn't YOU leave and come back, Andryah? Yet you criticize me for staying the entire time and watching the game die a slow death?

I never said anything about you staying subbed or not. Go back and read. All I did was comment that you are desperately trying to press negative propaganda at a studio and game you yourself admit you rarely log in and play anymore.

Stop being so desperate.

Yup. In fact, for some of my previously played MMOs, I've actually created filters to just shove those into DELETE on arrival. It's bloody common.

Perhaps you should reread my original post. I mentioned the program, and stated it reeks of desperation because of lost subscriptions. I never said I was bitter. I never even said the program was a good or bad idea. Just pointing out WHY they are offering it.

What you read into my feelings is your Fantasy Land.

You are using nonsense, to defend a nonsense position now.

This promotion is in fact similar to promotions a lot of MMOs do. Are they all desperate, or just the one you are currently suffering a break in relationship from?

Stop being desperate.