Shadow useless at warzones?

megacandy

thanks for the confirmation I suspected that. I even took shock off my bar even at 30 I found it was not needed. Maul too.

bad idea. You still need shock and lightning to use on ops with evasion and when a mara has obfuscated you to still damage them if you're not focused

Edited by power-alex

theres been times I have been knock back and rooted and the only way to stop a cap was to pop recklessness to give force lighting a 30yard range. Shock I sometimes used while being kited. Tbh though I prefer deception/infiltration. It just feels more effective.

that too, good point

theres been times I have been knock back and rooted and the only way to stop a cap was to pop recklessness to give force lighting a 30yard range. Shock I sometimes used while being kited. Tbh though I prefer deception/infiltration. It just feels more effective.

It's also useful occasionally in Huttball if you need to slow the ball carrier at 30m and you cannot reach him (if phantomstride is on CD and he's on a ledge above you or whatever).

It's also useful occasionally in Huttball if you need to slow the ball carrier at 30m and you cannot reach him (if phantomstride is on CD and he's on a ledge above you or whatever).

Yeah I keep lightning on the bar. but, do you find you use shock? Just curious if you use shock still, Arvengis with Hatred spec sin.

I think the increased queue times have more to do with declining populations then any great skill barrier.

I thought that at first as well. But populations aren't actually -that- low when I checked a few /who counts. I think TEH has a higher population now than it did a year ago (well before KotFE) but the mid queue is often similar to that of JM from a year ago (i had a couple waits over 30 min just after prime time within the last week and several others in the 15-30 min range). Even on Harbinger in the middle of the day I'm getting waits for a mid queue pop right now (I'm sitting in the queue now, reading message boards and posting this msg in between pops on Harb right now).

But the thing is, even when servers have been dead in the past (much lower pop than anything current) I could still get wz qs to pop most of the time at most levels. I believe that there are actually fewer people looking for wzs in mid bracket. That may be for other reasons than "lack of fun/interest from new players getting spanked over and over" - maybe people are spending less time in the pre-65 levels than in the past. But my point stands that piling up wz comms and gaining pvp experience in lowbies/mids is not as smooth as it used to be.

Edited by Savej

Yeah I keep lightning on the bar. but, do you find you use shock? Just curious if you use shock still, Arvengis with Hatred spec sin.

Don't use shock or maul as hatred. Force lightning is occasionally useful but I prefer using the new shadow step

Shadow is awesome in regulars and quiet o.k. in ranked.

If you are objective-minded player choose Infiltration. IMO guarding or taking enemy's pylon/turret/node or planting a bomb is what this spec is made for. Your worst nightmare should be concealment operative, but with the proper use of low slash, force slow, instalift and force wave with root you should be fine against average ops. Infiltration shadow imo is also very good against sorcs.

Serenity Shadow has better survivability and can be more of a use in a group fight thanks to their ability to put pressure with dots. So, if you’re aiming to contribute to overall damage numbers of your team, choose serenity.

Can’t say much about Kinetic Combat, because I’m awful at tanking, it’s just not my thing.

I main a shadow from 2.0 and never had a better experience in pvp with other classes/specs I play.

Shock is expensive on force, with dot spec I don't really see much use for it, unless you had to hit someone running away with it. There are other things you can use that cost less force though.

That being said my sin is only 30 now, so not sure if shock improves or has buffs later on etc. I haven't really read through the tree much past where I am playing.

I just know shock costs 40 power, so 40 out of 100 total I have is a big drain.

If managed well enough the hatred/serenity sin/shad has got off all three of its DoTs on the target which is also likely slowed. That being said, against most ranged classes you're free to go all-out to add all your melee DPS on top of your DoT DPS to bring it down quickly, but against melee classes an all-out battle of attrition can still get you killed, since both jugg/guards and mara/sents hit a lot harder in melee, as well as defend a lot better than you.

Hence, kiting becomes necessary, but if you're just gonna kite with DoTs, then your damage inflicted is too limited. This is where Shock/Project comes in, most usually at the 5m ~ 9m sweet spot you're trying to keep at while kiting.

If managed well enough the hatred/serenity sin/shad has got off all three of its DoTs on the target which is also likely slowed. That being said, against most ranged classes you're free to go all-out to add all your melee DPS on top of your DoT DPS to bring it down quickly, but against melee classes an all-out battle of attrition can still get you killed, since both jugg/guards and mara/sents hit a lot harder in melee, as well as defend a lot better than you.

Hence, kiting becomes necessary, but if you're just gonna kite with DoTs, then your damage inflicted is too limited. This is where Shock/Project comes in, most usually at the 5m ~ 9m sweet spot you're trying to keep at while kiting.

Yeah, been in mids a day now, and found I need shock on bars. Too many times I get rooted and have nothing to hit them with in mid range. :p