New Class Proposal

Jelina

Greetings,

Expansion content has continually introduced new aspects for gaming in swtor on various platforms. I'm somewhat surprised however that we have not seen a new class introduced as part of the adventure; therefore, here is my proposal.

New Class: Officer (Sith: Admiral // Republic: General)

NOTE: Ask yourselves ~ between Sith & Republic characters what is the highest rank attainable? An Officer class story line could focus on basic officer training to advanced and then strategically directing; in-turn, affording an opportunity to become an Admiral or General depending on which side one would chose to serve.

What role would they serve? Officers could be significantly advantageous for group potential. Advance-class selection could focus between buffing or de-buffing; to include, direct and/or aoe damaging ability. Additionally, various DPS elements I recommend applying are from a strategic sense; i.e., Artillery-Strikes, Grenades, Superior Firepower, etc.

Buffing would almost resemble what we call for in the heat of the moment "Raid Buffs". An Officer could possess abilities such as:

- Scatter or Charge: Lasting ?? seconds providing rapid movement for players when activated. 'Scatter' would be more applied in a defensive posture while 'Charge' could apply offensively in turn increasing tactics & focus fire abilities.

- Stimulation - A buff which would restore action to all group members continuously so that you rarely run out.

- Drill Master - A buff for damage output increase for all players.

Additionally, an officer could drop a tactical supply drop of stims (for healing & damaging) wherein each stim has atleast 5 cook-off opportunities to increase health or another to increase damage.

This is just a basic idea which I could elaborate on further; however, I believe opening a new class like this will drastically increase gaming activity on many avenues.

Thoughts??

I'd have to dig for it but I believe staff went on record previously saying that they weren't going to be making changes to anything concerning the original three chapters. They'd have to make changes to all that if they were to add in another class.

I'd have to dig for it but I believe staff went on record previously saying that they weren't going to be making changes to anything concerning the original three chapters. They'd have to make changes to all that if they were to add in another class.

True, or, at point xxx in story chapter zzz, we have the opportunity under the guise of taking on a new class type to suddenly flip advanced class, its skill tree, etc., all that, to take on the new class.

New trainers, more skill tree things to figure out.

And, of course, a buggy half-parity across alignments and unending class balance hell would follow.

Edited by xordevoreaux

No ~ no changes to original story lines from other classes if another was created.

The story itself has already presented an opportunity for such a class like the one I've proposed. With the 'so-called' alliance between Sith and Republic, no time is better than introducing a new class that serves a purpose for leading such an alliance or those within its own faction.

Yes, with embedding a new class will require a new class script, voice makeovers, etc ~ which requires funding. But, like mentioned before ~ I believe if swtor wants to expand in revenue growth, investing into same is definitely one way to do it. The return would yield profit for swtor and regenerate an increase in activity .,., if from nothing more ~ curiosity.

I know I don't have the best ideas, but hey ~ it's a vision. Tell me it wouldn't be worth entertaining.