Force Barrier to be like stealth in APG nodes

PBoba

I'm not sure I have any case to support. This is a side issue and in the litany of complaints about Sorcerers, this isn't that high up there. If the devs changed it so that Force Barrier operated like Stealth in OPG, I'm not going to complain.

My point all along is that I don't see why everyone is picking on this one power and not the other powers that break the mechanics of this map. In fact, my first post in this thread was a question. Many pages of thinly veiled bias against Sorcs in general (as opposed to the singular power that was referred to in the OP) ensued.

If stealthers can't stealth, then sorcerors should not be able to hold a node and barrier. If anything, it's a bias against stealth classes

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If stealthers can't stealth, then sorcerors should not be able to hold a node and barrier. If anything, it's a bias against stealth classes

I think if a sorc barriers with a buff it should remove the buff, same with stealth... if you carry the buff and stealth why doesn't it remove the buff? I agree if you stand on a node and bubble, you should not be able to hold control over it.

I dealt with that a few pages back. But like foxmob said, we've exhausted all reasonable lines of argument on this issue. The devs will do as they do.

I dealt with that a few pages back. But like foxmob said, we've exhausted all reasonable lines of argument on this issue. The devs will do as they do.

To me, *all* balance discussions are like beating a dead horse right now.

(Besides, regarding "idioms" : The term "beating a dead horcse" didn't exist in German language in the first place, as far as I know, it come into it via the English language, as far as I know. This just as an example that semantics can change a LOT if you are not a natural / native speaker of a certain language ! That's why I believed (and still do) that English native speakers have a slight advantage when learning programming with English-llanguage based programming languages, despite everyone teling me "but they are only key words !" - Then, why are those programming language key words of let's say C++ not in Aymara, for example ?)

I think if a sorc barriers with a buff it should remove the buff, same with stealth... if you carry the buff and stealth why doesn't it remove the buff? I agree if you stand on a node and bubble, you should not be able to hold control over it.

The problem is that it doesn't remove the buff - instead the buff prevents you from entering stealth.

Actually i'm not against sorcr/sages using barrier to contest - it's a on a long cd and only for 8 seconds. What makes me really irritated is the fact that stealthers can't even defend not contested node in stealth because it's going to deactivate and the problem of buff preventing the use of a dcd. What blows my mind is that snave did address all of these issues concerning stealth classes on the pts and BW completely ignored it

• 4 weeks later...

When Is force barrier gona make sorc LOSE the mods the holding?? that or take way there interrupt immunity afterwords.

I call BS when a sorc can solo shut down node pretect by 7 people by simple pop force barrier then has immunity to interrupts, or altest make so mods activation is longer, they already have enough BS ablity as it is like giving them pw when they never needed it.

Edited by Kyuuu

When Is force barrier gona make sorc LOSE the mods the holding?? that or take way there interrupt immunity afterwords.

I call BS when a sorc can solo shut down node pretect by 7 people by simple pop force barrier then has immunity to interrupts, or altest make so mods activation is longer, they already have enough BS ablity as it is like giving them pw when they never needed it.

you can still CC a sorc through bastion. I don't like bastion, but it's the same as chaff flares, evasion, shroud, HTL, etc. in that there's a counter. even if you don't like the power of the ability, it fits "theoretically" into the mechanics of the map (and all maps now that acid strats are seemingly fixed).

yeah, thats a monumental oversight on the part of the devs to allow that. i hadnt noticed it.

Are we really surprised at this point? We'd have to set fire to Bioware or call in bomb threats to get their attention for this kind of a thing. Otherwise posts like this in the PvP section go unread by the devs.

Are we really surprised at this point? We'd have to set fire to Bioware or call in bomb threats to get their attention for this kind of a thing. Otherwise posts like this in the PvP section go unread by the devs.

This topic has been brought up since the map was dropped. No response regarding this phenomena so i have to assume it's WAI.

Sorcs simply enjoy amenities granted to them for being the master class. Be a sorc, or bow to them in reverence and humility.

This topic has been brought up since the map was dropped. No response regarding this phenomena so i have to assume it's WAI.

Sorcs simply enjoy amenities granted to them for being the master class. Be a sorc, or bow to them in reverence and humility.

I don't bow. I respawn and if worse comes to worse I'll just start hacking like all the 'legit' players. :cool: