Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Devs please read - game is too easy now.

Vivanos

Qusak & Sorak on Voss.

The Bala D'ur champion in the "Humanitarian Aid" Heroic on Hoth.

All Exarchs.

Come on.

Literally only button press is auto attack. Never got below ~ 70%. comp is influence 13.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qo2mm0LzcF8

And to repeat, the call for a return to pre-4.0 difficulty levels is strictly in the leveling space. This (and the others you've listed) are outside of that.

I just want to see the return of the few mechanics that existed on the bosses at the end of story/planet arcs.

That's all.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps you leveled when you got x12 xp in story missions? I don't know, on my first 2 playthroughs I always was around or a bit higher level than the planet I was on.

Nope. Made it through the 8 class stories before they dropped the first x12 xp event. Stayed away from the characters needing to level during the time x12 is active (or use the crystal debuff now that's an option).

About the only buff I've ever had for xp is the rested bonus.

Have you been doing all the extra parts to regular quests and going back to run the bonus series on places like Nar Shadaa and Alderaan? (although I see with 4.0 and level sync the bonus series have been placed to the end game and level 60 to start)

Edited by Vhaegrant

And to repeat, the call for a return to pre-4.0 difficulty levels is strictly in the leveling space. This (and the others you've listed) are outside of that.

I just want to see the return of the few mechanics that existed on the bosses at the end of story/planet arcs.

That's all.

Where was the difficulty pre-4.0 for solo levelling content?

At least the devs have made the Heroics viable content again (pre-4.0 I could never get a pug group to run them because planet population was too scattered and guildies were only on to run OPs, some ACs could have a stab at them and complete - mainly those with stealth. Or I'd come back when overlevelled and storm through them just to see what the fuss was about.)

Put your healer away and try the content with a DPS companion. If nothing else you may get to see your health bar wobble a bit.

Where was the difficulty pre-4.0 for solo levelling content?

It was not difficult. But there were mechanics. There were a few fights here + there that required a nominal degree of thought and sound gameplay.

It's not about wanting to struggle and or have fights take more time. It's about giving players situations where they learn how to play their actual class. Use their actual abilities.

Having a dozen situations between 1-65 where a player has to use an interrupt, stun, or stunbreak doesn't suddenly turn the leveling experience into a 2nd job. But it might make them a little less lost if they ever try PvP.

Having a dozen situations where a player has to manage threat or avoid telegraphs won't turn the game into a 2nd job. But it might make them a little less lost if they ever try an Operation.

Having champion mobs that literally cannot kill you teaches players nothing. I believe it is not beneficial to the game long term to have swarms of level 65 players with no clue what 50% of their ability buttons do.

Put your healer away and try the content with a DPS companion. If nothing else you may get to see your health bar wobble a bit.

I'm sorry you missed the point.

Get past the starting planets. Tweak your companion if you're finding it too easy - either disable skills or disable them entirely...that's your easy difficulty slider right there. Use it!!!

You can die...trust me. Do the Voss Heroics and tell me how OP companions are.

Try the master yonloch mission for sith warriors on tat. that is challenging.

I have to agree somewhat. Too many people are breezing through stuff and though for the story and solo it might not matter but when they want to group up that's is where the problem is.

People are not learning what their skills can do, and yes you can learn it while leveling. Then they are not gearing up before they do some of the flashpoints and operations. There is a reason it says the minimum requirement is. I don't mind helping someone but when I suggest they get better gear I get well I not wasting time getting the gear. It is not hard to get 208.

I did it on my new warrior. I leveled my warrior from level 1 to 55 and by the time I got my warrior to level 65 I had over 1000 basic crystals and then some from when you start rishi I was able to have enough comms to get all 208 other than the main and the relics.

you cant hold more than 1000 unless you got them from the conversion of comms.

Perhaps you leveled when you got x12 xp in story missions? I don't know, on my first 2 playthroughs I always was around or a bit higher level than the planet I was on.

I was overleveling in the first 3 weeks of the games release. no 12x xp. if you are doing flashpoints and heroics, you will be way over leveled.

perhaps to increase challenge, we have to deactive some companion's skills, deactiving the stronger conpanion's abilities I think there could be more challenge. I'm going to test it! Edited by VanderII

perhaps to increase challenge, we have to deactive some companion's skills, deactiving the stronger conpanion's abilities I think there could be more challenge. I'm going to test it!

Deactivate your companion entirely.

Deactivate your companion entirely.

Doing that only makes it more tedious as you can still get through the fight, just taking a lot more heavy damage and spamming the same buttons more times. It would be better if they increased the damage of certain abilities of enemies or added new ones to interrupt/stun.

game is too easy now for you?

and that's why you left?

got tired of getting your arse handed to you in HKO? :eek:

If it's too easy now, I suppose you have every damn achievement in game, everything completed at 100%?

Do you have max allowable characters with max 224 NIM gear?

Are you at the head of the Parsing leaderboard for every class and faction?

If not, be quiet.

Not too easy after all, eh Einstein.

THESE are not the droids you have been chasing your entire life for.

next please.

and that's why you left?

If it's too easy now, I suppose you have every damn achievement in game, everything completed at 100%?

If not, be quiet.

next please.

You don't need to be a esports champion in order to deem the game to easy. The overall game can still be easy and certain parts of the game can be hard, such as hard mode and nightmare operations, but overall the 85% of the game is still easy. By this logic you have to be a iron chef with a successful line of restaurant chains to deem that soggy mayonnaise sandwich is bad, but if you aren't, its dinner and good for you.

Doing that only makes it more tedious as you can still get through the fight, just taking a lot more heavy damage and spamming the same buttons more times. It would be better if they increased the damage of certain abilities of enemies or added new ones to interrupt/stun.

Personally I find it very helpful to play without companion on occasion, otherwise there is no chance of leaning certain abilities, such as damage over time, buffs and debuffs. While playing with a companion only direct damage matters, because the group is wiped within three seconds anyway - if you want to kill more than a (damage) companion you can't waste a cooldown on ability that doesn't kill an enemy. The difficulty is not whether or not I can defeat any given group, but how many groups I can defeat without resting or waiting for cooldowns, just keep pushing it.

Depends a little on the exact class, of course. A damage guardian / juggernaut can keep pushing for a very long time, whereas a sentinel/marauder has to rest relatively soon. With a healer character I do always play with companion, I might be wanting to train my damage and crowd control abilities, but healing is the thing that truly matters.

Apart from that it feels liberating not to have someone constantly in your tow, staring at you. That's not to say I was playing without companion all the time, but often enough. Particularly when I want to get into a character I haven't played in a while.

The annoying thing about it is that the companions keep coming back after you dismiss them. On every single dialogue they are back after the dialogue. Sometimes when you enter a phase they are suddenly there. The only thing one can do about it, depending on your level and abilities, is to pick a companion and then send this companion crafting, with a full schedule of something that takes relatively long.

Edited by Rabenschwinge

and that's why you left?

If not, be quiet.

next please.

Most achievements are painfully boring and repetitive. I consider achievements the most sorry excuse for a play-style that un-inspired game developers ever have come with. The datacrons on Coruscant.. well, yes, those taught me something about character control when I did them the first time.

But killing 1000 mobs? The datacrons on Rishi? Killing a particular FP bonus boss 10 times, instead of just doing the bloody flashpoint? "Ugh, let's find something for the players to do that will keep them forever without actually adding content."

I am not chasing after every single fragment of the game the devs put a label on. I am not doing things outlandlishly dull and stupid for no other purpose than to have done it.

Edited by Rabenschwinge

Most achievements are painfully boring and repetitive. I consider achievements the most sorry excuse for a play-style that un-inspired game developers ever have come with. The datacrons on Coruscant.. well, yes, those taught me something about character control when I did them the first time.

But killing 1000 mobs? The datacrons on Rishi? Killing a particular FP bonus boss 10 times, instead of just doing the bloody flashpoint? "Ugh, let's find something for the players to do that will keep them forever without actually adding content."

I am not chasing after every single fragment of the game the devs put a label on. I am not doing things outlandlishly dull and stupid for no other purpose than to have done it.

Yup. Not a fan of the "kill x amount" quests. They're a staple in MMO-land and one I wish would just go away. But there it is. Then again, I'm not driven to have every achievement so I can ignore those that are just "clobber fodder".

Dark Souls 3 is out, you pearl clutchers. Go play it if you want something challenging.

Only a Sith deals in absolutes...

I have yet to see someone wanting to turn the difficulty slider of the game up to hard or nightmare. All I'd wish for is BW to turn it up to the level it was on on release which means switching it up to very easy - easy from plays itself.

As someone mentioned before, there should at least be some encounters that require you to follow simple mechanics and make correct use of your class skills and if you only hit the stndard attack even when you're fighting a whole group of strongs or elites, you should probably die.

Only a Sith deals in absolutes...

I have yet to see someone wanting to turn the difficulty slider of the game up to hard or nightmare. All I'd wish for is BW to turn it up to the level it was on on release which means switching it up to very easy - easy from plays itself.

As someone mentioned before, there should at least be some encounters that require you to follow simple mechanics and make correct use of your class skills and if you only hit the stndard attack even when you're fighting a whole group of strongs or elites, you should probably die.

Oh there have been some who have desired that, maybe not in this thread but they're out there.

Bottom line is that they will go with what sells. It's a business and truuuust me, the beancounters are a-countin'. I've left plenty of MMOs because of directional shifts. Happily, this one shifted in a way that doesn't irk me. I feel badly for those it does but there it is. I doubt there will be a "fall-back" to the way things were. Best that can be hoped for is additional (challenging) content for those who crave it.

Oh there have been some who have desired that, maybe not in this thread but they're out there.

Bottom line is that they will go with what sells. It's a business and truuuust me, the beancounters are a-countin'. I've left plenty of MMOs because of directional shifts. Happily, this one shifted in a way that doesn't irk me. I feel badly for those it does but there it is. I doubt there will be a "fall-back" to the way things were. Best that can be hoped for is additional (challenging) content for those who crave it.

If you ask me, the jury is still out on whether their combined changes of direction since 4.0 will increase their profits in the long run. Guess we'll see.

Nah, they won't revert to pre 3.0 gameplay now, but I still hold out some kind of hope that they will give us some features that other MMOs have as well like an XP stop item at least.

If you ask me, the jury is still out on whether their combined changes of direction since 4.0 will increase their profits in the long run. Guess we'll see.

Nah, they won't revert to pre 3.0 gameplay now, but I still hold out some kind of hope that they will give us some features that other MMOs have as well like an XP stop item at least.

Mebbe so. Only time will tell, for sure.

I think they could crank back just a little because when *I* find it easy, it's easy. But this is a story-driven MMO and a bit of an odd one out so I pretty much expect them to keep to the path they're on.

I played since February 2012 on and off but consistently.

The game is stupid easy. it's soo easy I can't even start to explain how easy it is and do justice to the easiness state of the game.

Did test,

Bounty hunter > merc

did every mission from newbie planet to balmorra and got to level 56.

gear was not needed as you can get level 20 before you leave the first planet and once you get high enough level to kick in the level scaling your max state are adjusted anyway.

Companions makes this game easy, period.

I just bought ESO and at that game you don't have any companions only certain classes can "summon" a creature but it's limited and gimp your other skills.

That game is much more challenging and you will die a lot if you zerg in swtor style.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.