Disappointed about a few story things

Kortio

So I am a Jugger and therefore the Wrath of the Emporer.

I don't think it makes much sense ( and I think lore wise it would be highly unlikely) for me as a dark side character and because of this title to side against the Emporer and it is kind of a bummer that you have no tough decision to make here.

The other thing is, I tried a Jedi today, despite my deep hatred for them to see how the story is and decided to play a Trueblood Jedi. Not a single comment so far from anyone and even the answers you think are mean enough, end up being really nice. No comparison to the the Empire. I don't think I will get past level 20 with that one :D.

I get it, it is Bioware, they want to play it safe.

But come on BW, strap on a pair and have the courage to actually put the player into an uncomfortable decision.

That is all.

Something to consider. *spoilers for Sith Warrior storyline in case you haven't played it*

The Sith Warrior is betrayed by his/her master Darth Donuts...er... I mean Baras. To gain the power necessary to defeat the Sith Lord, you become the Emperor's Wrath thru his two Pureblood servants. The reason the Sith Warrior is, as of KOTFE, called the EMPIRE's Wrath instead of EMPEROR's Wrath is plainly seen:

The Emperor lied to his servants about his true intentions for the Empire. The Sith Warrior finds out that all the Emperor wants is to devour all life in the galaxy, effectively betraying and destroying the Empire. To him the Empire is just a tool to abuse. Due to confusing plot issues, while the Emperor was planning on devouring the galaxy he was also building up Zakuul, a civilization he held in esteem over the Empire, so in a sense he betrayed the Empire a second time. When you think of it like that, its pretty clear why the Warrior isn't the way you think he/she could be. The Sith Warrior storyline is, ultimately, a story of revenge. Why would the warrior fight to avenge himself against Baras but still want to serve an even bigger betrayer?

You couldn't make a sith pureblood jedi when the game came out, so they don't have any special lines recorded for that. A shame, it would be entertaining if they did. :)

Reminds me of playing drow in Neverwinter Nights 2, they always put extra little comments in there. Made it fun.

You couldn't make a sith pureblood jedi when the game came out, so they don't have any special lines recorded for that. A shame, it would be entertaining if they did. :)

I'm more disappointed that none of the dialogue changes when you play as a Pureblood Inquisitor. Most notable when Zash refers to Ffon as "the red one," and my character is brighter red than he is.

I'm more disappointed that none of the dialogue changes when you play as a Pureblood Inquisitor. Most notable when Zash refers to Ffon as "the red one," and my character is brighter red than he is.

It's frustrating when the game doesn't recognize things like that :o I guess it's why I've stuck to alien inqs. A slave and and an alien - they always know it and they always hate me :p

Edited by grania

The same thing happens a lot in the Agent Story.

"The Ratattaki must wait outside..", ok, let me know when I can come back... Oh you meant the OTHER Ratattaki? Just say so!

So I am a Jugger and therefore the Wrath of the Emporer.

I don't think it makes much sense ( and I think lore wise it would be highly unlikely) for me as a dark side character and because of this title to side against the Emporer and it is kind of a bummer that you have no tough decision to make here.

The other thing is, I tried a Jedi today, despite my deep hatred for them to see how the story is and decided to play a Trueblood Jedi. Not a single comment so far from anyone and even the answers you think are mean enough, end up being really nice. No comparison to the the Empire. I don't think I will get past level 20 with that one :D.

I get it, it is Bioware, they want to play it safe.

But come on BW, strap on a pair and have the courage to actually put the player into an uncomfortable decision.

That is all.

Well, I can comment since my two main characters are a Human sith warrior... And a Sith jedi Knight.

About the warrior, to be fair, you CAN, be loyal to the end. The problem is, the Emperor doesn't care. It doesn't surprise me. He is kind of crazy. But you have the possibility to hang onto your loyalty, just you can't expect him to Care.

About the Pureblood jedi, I completely agree, but we can't really complain for the simple reason it's not one of the possible race choices, at the beginning. We shouldn't be able to play one, It is more kind of a fan service thing, so it's not really supported.

Well, I can comment since my two main characters are a Human sith warrior... And a Sith jedi Knight.

About the warrior, to be fair, you CAN, be loyal to the end. The problem is, the Emperor doesn't care. It doesn't surprise me. He is kind of crazy. But you have the possibility to hang onto your loyalty, just you can't expect him to Care.

Best part of Ziost

"I'm still your Wrath!"

"Good, go and die then"

Go human you never go wrong with human or Zabrak they are really liked both in the empire and the republic probably being the second most widespread specie in the galaxy helps a lot. Nobody will say you Zabrak get out they do not have prejudice so its like playing a human wih 2 hearts and almost twice as strong.

I have a human sw, si, bh and trooper (sisters). I have a Chiss agent. I have a Chiss JK and my pureblood is force blind and works as an agent. I've noticed since SoR and on, they do comment a tiny bit more about WHAT you are then not.

In SoR, when Lana was speaking to me about the Massassi, me on my PUREBLOOD AGENT, asked her 'what are massassi?' and she looked surprised and told me she thought I would know since they're my species' relatives from waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back. (I forget her exact word usage on the matter)

So, they ARE bringing it up, but only a little here and there.

They also have begun to slowly bring up your light or dark sided tendencies. If you're 100% dark side in KotFE, and you decide to save the reactor, Lana acts all surprised you're doing something good when you're an evil ****er. She says the same if you're 100% light and choose to let the reactor explode, or kill the Knights, but the point is, they are mentioning what and who you are in bits and pieces.

Actually, it does make sense lore-wise. Look at Codedrago's post.

Best part of Ziost

"I'm still your Wrath!"

"Good, go and die then"

On Ziost, the Emperor basically abandons the Wrath when he tells him to go and die. Ziost no longer being necessary to play as far as pure levelling is concerned, it's understandable that some players are not going to know what has happened. I don't know if this applies to you, but I hope that helps in some way.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.