Jugg "unstoppable" utility underwhelming on Revan Impels

From the sounds of it, I was expecting it to work like the Sin's 'deflection', 'cloak', and PT 'hydro' tricks .... sadly, I was disappointed :( I feel like this should really work here if all the other ones do.

it does work.... you just have to leap at the proper time.

yes i agree unstoppable needs buffed

idd, it should last 30 seconds and reactivate when you pop:

-saber reflect, adding the reflected damage to your hp

-ED

-guardian leap, transmitting its effect to the leapt sorc aswell if he has guard

that is not how unstoppable works, and vengeance spec is only class that get full untouched version of unstoppable cause the other half of is part brawn in vengeance spec. If they made unstoppable a utility untouched, it would broke the made all juggs op and would pissed off vengeance spec by forcing them get back what they already had, this way this way they only have 50% of defualt and the nerf to vengeance is more palatable. Edited by Kyuuu

Pretty certain it works on impel. Are you making sure you're not facing the impel at a pillar? If you are then you'll still get knocked into it regardless of whether you have unstoppable or hydraulics active.

Yeah, that. That's a nasty bit.

But basically juggs never had something really reliable. Get a reliable SR? Too op, removed in next patch >_>

Well at least it works on ruugar...

Pretty certain it works on impel. Are you making sure you're not facing the impel at a pillar? If you are then you'll still get knocked into it regardless of whether you have unstoppable or hydraulics active.

Nope. My guild is currently progressing on Revan HM. I main a Jugg tank for one of the runs. Unstoppable does NOT work, I have tried it many different ways.

The only way to successfully "cheese" Impel on a Jugg involves some timing. Basically, you spec into the ability that reduces the CD on your CC breaker by 30 sec (I think its called Payback). When Revan targets you w/ Impel, you have to wait until it goes off, hit your CC breaker while flying through the air, then leap back to him. That said, by the time you take him back, even w/ the ability that reduces your CD on the CC breaker, you most likely won't be able to cheese the next Impel. At that point, just take it to a pillar, then the next time you get Impel you will be ready. It might take some practice, but once you get used to it, it works perfectly.

Also, it should be noted, that this particular method doesn't work with Sin tanks (No need to even try on PT's, they are OP as **** w/ hydraulics). I also run a Sin tank on one of the runs we do. It's unfortunate, but Sins cannot do their "jump" (as in Phantom Stride/Phase Walk) in mid-air, thus making it impossible for them to use the CC breaker/jump method like Juggs can. That said, they do have the ability to cheese it. All you have to do is use your battle-stealth while he is casting Impel (it's best to wait til the end to maximize damage reduction and make it easier on your healers). This will interrupt his cast, and then you break stealth and taunt. The only issue I've encountered w/ that particular method (a minor one), is that sometimes it takes a second or two for your taunt to become un-gray when you break stealth. Also, like the Jugg, this can only be done every-other Impel, even with the ability that reduces the CD on your battle-stealth.

unstoppable utility only give push / pull and moment impairing immunity.

the knockback/down/cc/incapacitated immunity is part brawn for vengeance spec and only work when in the correct stance Shien form.

Impale is a KNOCK BACK/down

Meaning Vengeance jugg in SHIEN FORM only get the immunity and only if the jumped to revan...

Edited by Kyuuu

Nope. My guild is currently progressing on Revan HM. I main a Jugg tank for one of the runs. Unstoppable does NOT work, I have tried it many different ways.

The only way to successfully "cheese" Impel on a Jugg involves some timing. Basically, you spec into the ability that reduces the CD on your CC breaker by 30 sec (I think its called Payback). When Revan targets you w/ Impel, you have to wait until it goes off, hit your CC breaker while flying through the air, then leap back to him. That said, by the time you take him back, even w/ the ability that reduces your CD on the CC breaker, you most likely won't be able to cheese the next Impel. At that point, just take it to a pillar, then the next time you get Impel you will be ready. It might take some practice, but once you get used to it, it works perfectly.

Also, it should be noted, that this particular method doesn't work with Sin tanks (No need to even try on PT's, they are OP as **** w/ hydraulics). I also run a Sin tank on one of the runs we do. It's unfortunate, but Sins cannot do their "jump" (as in Phantom Stride/Phase Walk) in mid-air, thus making it impossible for them to use the CC breaker/jump method like Juggs can. That said, they do have the ability to cheese it. All you have to do is use your battle-stealth while he is casting Impel (it's best to wait til the end to maximize damage reduction and make it easier on your healers). This will interrupt his cast, and then you break stealth and taunt. The only issue I've encountered w/ that particular method (a minor one), is that sometimes it takes a second or two for your taunt to become un-gray when you break stealth. Also, like the Jugg, this can only be done every-other Impel, even with the ability that reduces the CD on your battle-stealth.

I'll make a video tomorrow and linking here demonstrating how to cheese unstoppable with jugg, as im suspecting you are not doing it right. Regardless both myself and Epic can assure you that is does indeed work.

As for Sins they have a utility in masterful for deflection that will make them immune to impel. So alternating CC breaker and deflection is plenty enough.

Due note Impel can be cheesed on all 3 tanks, and that is not the reason why hydraulics is overpowered, u ll see on the third floor ;)

I'll make a video tomorrow and linking here demonstrating how to cheese unstoppable with jugg, as im suspecting you are not doing it right. Regardless both myself and Epic can assure you that is does indeed work.

As for Sins they have a utility in masterful for deflection that will make them immune to impel. So alternating CC breaker and deflection is plenty enough.

Due note Impel can be cheesed on all 3 tanks, and that is not the reason why hydraulics is overpowered, u ll see on the third floor ;)

I would be curious to see this, as I have been tanking this boss for the past 5 straight weeks with multiple groups, including people from the guilds Failure and Zorz, who have cleared this fight many, many times. That said, from what I gathered when asking their tanks about this particular issue, these were the only ways I was able to successfully, 100% of the time, avoid his Impel ability. If you wouldn't mind, I would love to see a video showing the way you do it with Unstoppable, as well as with a Sin tank's Deflection ability (which I will be looking in to tonight when we do our weekly run). If it is possible, it would be great to have some actual documentation on it for myself as well as anyone else running Sins/Juggs encountering this particular problem, especially since there seems to be very little information about it anywhere else.

I can confirm that Deflection with the appropriate Heroic Utility does work as an Assassin/Shadow. Just use it once Impel starts channeling and don't have your back to a pillar. You likely won't be able to cheese Impel with it more than once though because Revan will probably be pushed to 64% before your 1.5 min CD on Deflection is finished.

I can confirm that Deflection with the appropriate Heroic Utility does work as an Assassin/Shadow. Just use it once Impel starts channeling and don't have your back to a pillar. You likely won't be able to cheese Impel with it more than once though because Revan will probably be pushed to 64% before your 1.5 min CD on Deflection is finished.

It looks like the utility to take for this would be Dark Stability in the Heroic tier. It states "Activating Deflection grants 6 seconds of immunity to stun, sleep, lift, and incapacitating effects." I plan on trying this out later this evening, and if I can get my video capturing SW to work will post here w/ the results.

Kudos for Elektromonk for providing lockout.

What utilities are you using on your Guardian/Shadow? Any chance for a screenshot? Also, you said breakers and nothing else, which doesn't fit the description for the Juggs unstoppable ability (I was under the impression you had to use the leap ability to provide the buff). According to what I see (for Imp side Jugg, unsure what the guardian one is called), the description says "Force charge grants Unstoppable, granting immunity to movement-impairing effects that push or pull you around for 4 seconds." From what I saw in the vid, you didn't leap until after he casts Impel.

What utilities are you using on your Guardian/Shadow? Any chance for a screenshot? Also, you said breakers and nothing else, which doesn't fit the description for the Juggs unstoppable ability (I was under the impression you had to use the leap ability to provide the buff). According to what I see (for Imp side Jugg, unsure what the guardian one is called), the description says "Force charge grants Unstoppable, granting immunity to movement-impairing effects that push or pull you around for 4 seconds." From what I saw in the vid, you didn't leap until after he casts Impel.

For a jugg since that utility alone is not enough either you use focused defense utility to get rid of the knockdown effect on your self then leap or cc break then leap (latter case doesn't require the unstoppable utility). To clarify breakers alone are enough to not to be knocked. But for keeping him still while doing the impels i suggest you simply get knocked into a pylon then leap back with unstoppable as it ill allow you to do so, thus not moving the boss and more up-time for your group.

• 4 months later...
To clarify breakers alone are enough to not to be knocked.

Your video shows that is is.

Which brings us back to the point that, for Revan's impel, unstoppable doesn't do much of anything special above and beyond what force charge alone does.

Well it works on Blaster's Scatterblaster, so logic would dictate it would also work for Revan's Impel.

This is kinda my point here.

Well it works on Blaster's Scatterblaster, so logic would dictate it would also work for Revan's Impel.

This is kinda my point here.

Except they are different mechanics. Not just in name, but in what they actually do. So it is not logical that something that might work on one would necessarily work on the other.

Regardless, you have an impel cheese - stunbreak. You do not need anything else.

If you feel the need to keep the boss as stationary as possible, the boss will not move very much if the first tank takes the punt to a side pillar, and second tank taunts to normal spot near the door. 2nd tank does pillar first, stunbreak second if needed. 1st tank takes it back, pillar, stunbreak.

No cheeses are needed, and boss moves a total of 5 meters for about 2 gcds, the time between the first impel and the first ToA. As stated above, the value of hydros on this fight has nothing to do with impel. I mean.... lol.