Have you received your 500 CC for the April 11th promotion?

Mykra

I would really just like a confirmation here. My launcher said if I was subbed by the 11th I'd get the CC, yet I didn't get the CC.

In the end the loss of 500 CC isn't going to make me rage and burn down my house, quit the game, troll the forums, or anything, I just want to know why they offered me something as a new player that it seems they didn't plan on giving me? That's all. If they screwed up, I'm not going to freak, I just don't like the fact the only answer I've been given was basically 'There were requirements we didn't tell you about'.

Edited by Mykra

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

We have seen a few questions about a special bonus for subscribing that some players had seen in their launcher. Some of you may not realize this but our launcher has new functionality which allows us to do very specific and very targeted campaigns. This particular promotion was a test of that functionality. We chose a sampling of active, non-subscribers, to give a special bonus offer for becoming a subscriber. Simply put, if you could see the offer in your launcher, then you were eligible and those coins will have been granted to you already. If you did not see it, then you weren't eligible for this test offer. This promotion was not "everyone who is subbed by 4/11 qualified," which is why it was not advertised outside of the targeted promo in the launcher.

Our goal is to see how well targeted offers go, so that we can look to roll out more offers to everyone in the future. I hope this clears up any confusion. Thanks!

-eric

I had the offer displayed and I also qualified for the offer but did not receive my CC. Please address this.

I too was targeted with the offer in my launcher, but have not yet received the 500CC grant.

Furthermore, my monthly Cartel Coin grant slipped another 3 days this cycle--I should have received them on the 29th of March when I renewed my subscription and only just received them the 22nd of April (a delay of 24 days). The bug that caused the monthly grant to release every 33 days was supposed to have been fixed in Patch 4.3, so I'm guessing/hoping it's because the fix was applied after I renewed. If 28 April's Cartel Coin grant arrives on 25 May, I'll file a proper bug report, though it'd be nice if there wasn't any delay at all.

I find it humorous to see people who were previously, or continuously, subscribed trying to claim for an offer that was specifically targeted to people who hadn't previously subscribed. It's no different to receiving a flyer for a service coming through your door for new customers when you are already a customer of the company. The offer didn't apply to you, and was only intended to entice new customers to start subscribing.

"But they sent me the flyer and I demand the same offer" doesn't apply if you didn't meet the criteria for the bonus, ie you are, or were previously, subscribed to the game. And bumping the message unnecessarily won't make your claim any more valid.

Seems to be all to common a problem of society these days, people trying to claim something that they aren't entitled to.

I find it humorous to see people who were previously, or continuously, subscribed trying to claim for an offer that was specifically targeted to people who hadn't previously subscribed. It's no different to receiving a flyer for a service coming through your door for new customers when you are already a customer of the company. The offer didn't apply to you, and was only intended to entice new customers to start subscribing.

"But they sent me the flyer and I demand the same offer" doesn't apply if you didn't meet the criteria for the bonus, ie you are, or were previously, subscribed to the game. And bumping the message unnecessarily won't make your claim any more valid.

Seems to be all to common a problem of society these days, people trying to claim something that they aren't entitled to.

While I basically agree with you, I would like to point out that there was nothing on the digital "flyer" (image in original post) that said it was for new subscribers only, not even in the fine print. In fact, the image said It was a "Special offer for you". It is only according to what Eric said in this thread that we know only those that were being enticed to subscribe were supposed to see it. So, if (and I stress the word if) those subscribers who claim they had the promotion listed in their launcher actually had it listed for their subscription account, their argument might have some merit. Of course, they would actually have to prove it. Which, in this case is made more difficult because the "flyer" in question is digital, controlled by the company, and has since been removed.

Though, from what was said earlier, if a subscriber got the promotion, it is because something went wrong on the other end of this test. Still, that doesn't make the situation better for those subscribers.

While it may have been an error on Bioware's part - they have already said it was a test to send out targeted promotions to specific accounts, and if someone not meant to receive them did, then that's merely a fault of testing - the fun part is the wording of the promotion can be used right back at the people to tell them the 500cc was the bonus they get every month, and has already been fulfilled.

• 1 month later...

sorry for bumping this old thread, i couldn't find any others on this topic

i wasn't qualified for the april sub offer but there was another one that showed up in my launcher for june 5th (sub by june 5th and get 500 bonus cc), i was thinking about resubbing anyway and took the plunge after seeing the offer. however, i haven't had the bonus cc - just the normal ones from being a sub and having a security key.

did anyone from the april promo who missed their cc get the cc from the promo in the end? & is anyone else from the june promo in the same situation as me?

i'd make a ticket ingame but apparently my ticket count is maxed out because i keep reporting credit selling spam ingame :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
Hey folks,

We have seen a few questions about a special bonus for subscribing that some players had seen in their launcher. Some of you may not realize this but our launcher has new functionality which allows us to do very specific and very targeted campaigns. This particular promotion was a test of that functionality. We chose a sampling of active, non-subscribers, to give a special bonus offer for becoming a subscriber. Simply put, if you could see the offer in your launcher, then you were eligible and those coins will have been granted to you already. If you did not see it, then you weren't eligible for this test offer. This promotion was not "everyone who is subbed by 4/11 qualified," which is why it was not advertised outside of the targeted promo in the launcher.

Our goal is to see how well targeted offers go, so that we can look to roll out more offers to everyone in the future. I hope this clears up any confusion. Thanks!

-eric

I saw it in my launcher for the past week and got nada. So clearly that isn't right or something isn't working - again

They never said you would get it July 7th. It said to be subscribed by July 7th.

People have a very hard time understanding this. Even if BioWare came out with a date that it would come out, let's say July 10th, people would still make posts complaining every day til July 10th that they haven't gotten their coins yet.