recently changed lvl 60 character token refund parameters

Jeweledleah

If we're being honest, Bioware is the only company which lets you try out a class before you lock in that boost anyway. Other MMO companies which offer RMT boosts are locked in and non-refundable the moment you choose a character.

Everquest2 lets you try out characters as well on their test server. To be clear, there's two test servers. One that never gets wiped and is basically a regular server, and then another test server (but it's not a beta server). Every once in a while, when they want to try out something new and give feedback, they'll offer insta-level tokens off a vendor (free) when you go to test, so you can try any class you like (even though they really wanted you to try out their new weapon or armor piece).

I have no idea when it was put there,bit i do know it was a late addition since i re checked them before logging out for that day (about 3 hours before the start of maintenance), but isn't what you're saying contradictory?

If (with emphasis on IF) it was only there after the forums came back online, it was indeed after the patch went live, well technically it was added at the same time as the patch went live but isn't that just semantics?

I wouldn't call it a conspiracy either, if it was regarded as a "light exploit" it would never be in the patch notes, which seems to be the case.

Tip: Any pre-patch notes you see are preliminary. What matters, and what counts, is what the patch notes say after they enter maintenance and release the patch and bring the servers live.

Why? Because sometimes they pull something from the patch at the last moment.

There is a reason they generally avoid posting patch notes until maintenance is under way. People like you read an early copy and then throw a flag when something changes in the final notes.

Edited by Andryah

I wish they had drawn more attention to it though. It was probably there on patch day, but it was at the bottom of the notes, below stuff like "typo in cartel companion's move". in the middle there's something related to the 60 token, but then at the bottom is the bigger change. Its also kind of a big change, and not like any dev posted about it beforehand. Unless it didn't show up in dev tracker, but I doubt it. Most of the focus was on fixing that legendary status bug too (not sure if that's still bugged or not).

If it counted as an exploit, I could see why they didn't announce it beforehand (though not sure rushing through a few heroics with a 60 character matters that much). But not like on launch day any dev posted about it, warning people.

When they changed the 60 starter gear from bind on legacy to bound to that character, they gave forewarning, allowing people to get a few more of those outfits on other characters if they wanted to. While this might have been an exploit, a dev post about it on launch day would have been appreciated.

If it counted as an exploit, I could see why they didn't announce it beforehand (though not sure rushing through a few heroics with a 60 character matters that much).

They did announce it before hand... in a live stream.

Tip: Any pre-patch notes you see are preliminary. What matters, and what counts, is what the patch notes say after they enter maintenance and release the patch and bring the servers live.

Why? Because sometimes they pull something from the patch at the last moment.

There is a reason they generally avoid posting patch notes until maintenance is under way. People like you read an early copy and then throw a flag when something changes in the final notes.

What are you on about?

If there's a late addition to patch notes, either they forgot to add it in time or they left it out on purpose, they know what's going to be in a patch probably a couple of months before it's out.

And that's not even the relevant issue, the issue is that right now they could sell crafting 500 tokens and they would be more useful that 60 tokens because they would not block you from anything.

This is an harmless repeat of the slot machine fiasco, and apparently they just refuse to learn from past mistakes, we should encourage them to improve.

On a side note hitting escape during the stronghold first time cinematic should allow you not to lose the token since it skips the hidden mission you do when you travel to a stronghold for the first time.

I wouldn't risk it, but it's a possibility.

On a side note hitting escape during the stronghold first time cinematic should allow you not to lose the token since it skips the hidden mission you do when you travel to a stronghold for the first time.

I wouldn't risk it, but it's a possibility.

Yeah, if a developer posts on the forums telling us to just "hit esc" I will facepalm so hard that Harbinger will crash.

What are you on about?

If there's a late addition to patch notes, either they forgot to add it in time or they left it out on purpose, they know what's going to be in a patch probably a couple of months before it's out.

And that's not even the relevant issue, the issue is that right now they could sell crafting 500 tokens and they would be more useful that 60 tokens because they would not block you from anything.

This is an harmless repeat of the slot machine fiasco, and apparently they just refuse to learn from past mistakes, we should encourage them to improve.

pretty much.

I am half tempted to buy a token of GTN and just keep rolling and deleting the same character out of spite and to what was it bioware said these rerolls did? before changing gear to be BoP? overloaded their servers? cloud something? but that would mean I would have to waste my own time to do so, so.. meh.

its funny, Merc that I ended up with (and who is currently 65), was rerolled several times becasue at the time, I only had one token and kept getting conflicting information on whether the guild I was creating her for was mainly playing pub or imp side. good thing I did it before this change, because I could have been stuck with a pubside character that I would play once in a blue moon at best :/

I have learned my lesson. when it comes to bioware and patch notes - always err on a side of caution and always reread them AFTER patch it live.

but hey, at least I was lucky enough NOT to be affected by ongoing transfer issues :/ well other then being unable to transfer the last two characters I was planning on transferring, but at least I was able to transfer the first two without issues :/

Edited by Jeweledleah

Correct.

And contrary to some conspiracy theories that they stealth added it after patch went live.... NO.. it was there on patch day when the servers came back up. People need to knock off with the nonsense. Just because they missed it =/= a conspiracy.

Well i am at least pretty sure it was not there on first announcements of the patch notes. Because if you look on patch notes on dulfy or torcommunity. This last sentence is not there. And i dont think both site deleted it. So it was added some time after patch on purpose.

Edited by ShawDou

Whether or not they announced it on a livestream or the notes is kind of irrelevant. Their creation screen says as clear as day that the token would be refunded UNLESS you hit 61. Alright, cool. loljk you entered your SH. And even if you did do heroics or simply picked up the mission to zone into your SH, why do they care so much? It's not like you're getting those bind to legacy boxes at 60, and even if you were, is that really a big deal? If someone wants to punish themselves running heroics nonstop, good for them.

Sure, they are more flexible than say WoW where once you buy it it's over, one time use, no refunds, but it's still a scummy thing to do. If every day I let you park your car in my driveway to save you some time, but then one day I said to you when you came back for your car, "Oh, yeah, I'm charging you hourly to park here now. It's 200 bucks for today btw. What do you mean I didn't tell you? I put a little sign in the corner over there, way at the bottom of it it says that."

It's just a scumbag thing to do.