Grade 9 farming nodes

Sharkhonn

There are way too few of the scavenging and slicing nodes on Zakuul. I am not much of a slicer but if there are 2 people farming scav on Zakuul then you can forget trying to be the 3rd. Why not open up Odessen as a full planet like Yavin is and make that a place with grade 9 nodes. It would be a great idea and they could add some level 65 dailies/weekly and even come up with some new ops there.

There are never enough folks on Zakuul to open up more than 1 instance at a time, at least not for more than an hour or so during the day and even then you still run into the problem of only having enough for a handful of folks to farm at a time,

Just send comps out on gather missions. With reward scaling, I only ever really find myself farming if I happen to run into a convenient concentration of nodes. For the most part, I just keep all my comps constantly on gathering missions in between mobbing and make off like a bandit with massive quantities of materials.

There are way too few of the scavenging and slicing nodes on Zakuul. I am not much of a slicer but if there are 2 people farming scav on Zakuul then you can forget trying to be the 3rd. Why not open up Odessen as a full planet like Yavin is and make that a place with grade 9 nodes. It would be a great idea and they could add some level 65 dailies/weekly and even come up with some new ops there.

There are never enough folks on Zakuul to open up more than 1 instance at a time, at least not for more than an hour or so during the day and even then you still run into the problem of only having enough for a handful of folks to farm at a time,

OP I'm with you BW make this happen please. :)

Was thinking about today how the only time I ever go there is when a new chapter calls for it, but other than that, it's a dead planet for me. Kinda shame imo, just sits there quietly waiting for next chapter collecting dust.

First let me say that I am biased, I do not enjoy farming materials. So with that in mind, I'm with Aeristash on this. While playing game I simply run missions and get a lot of materials from doing so. If I come across nodes I can gather and they are not too much of a hassle to do then I take advantage.

That being said, imbalanced nodes is not a new paradigm. Every planet has a particular gathering node type that dominates. In the case of Zakkul that's BA and Arch. e.g. Coruscant has more scav nodes than DK but DK has more arch nodes; Taris has a LOT of BA nodes; Yavin has a lot of nodes in general but has more BA than the rest; the list goes on.

So on Zakkul Scav nodes got the shaft /shrug.

. Why not open up Odessen as a full planet,

You say that as if the planet actually exists and all you have to do is just allow people to go there. :)

On Zakuul, the main thing about gathering there is to go to the proper area. The Scavenging and Slicing nodes are mainly in the south west area (I can't remember the name). The Archeo and Bio nodes are mostly in the swamp (eastern area).

And don't forget to kill creatures for Bio and droids for Scavenging.

I never seem to have a problem getting a week's worth of mats in about 1/2 hour spin around Zakuul. A stack of 200 will last for a week or two before needing a top-up.

- you could try off-peak times as well OP, or group up with someone gathering something different, so's you're not competing for nodes, but can take it in turns to AoE the mobs.