Weirdest experience ever in flashpoint, Has anyone experienced something like this?

watermelonfan

I qued up as I normally do. About half way through the flashpoint, One of the players told me my toon looks exactly like one of the girls in his school. He said it was so close that it was scary. So he asked me if I go to Sherwood High School. I was in huge shock when he mentioned the name. I didn't know how to respond at first. Now granted I am a guy in real life and graduated from that school 4 years ago, but its still really weird He goes to the same school I did. I mean the odds of this happening has got to be astronomical. This experience is so shocking and weird that I don't know what to think of it. What do you think about this incident?

Has anyone else had an experience similar to this that they would like to share?

I told him how shocked I was that he goes to the same high school that I did. I added him to my friendlist too since its such a weird coincidence.

One guy out of thousands pinpointed your exact high school via pixel mesh and your first thought is to get closer rather than farther from this impossible instance? Crazy. For all one knows, that guy could be a stalker who knows exactly who you are, trying to feel you out so he can get closer. The sane thing to do would've been to slap him on ignore, log out, delete the character, quit game, disconnect from internet, do a virus scan and reset Ip. :rolleyes:

Edited by Aeristash

One guy out of thousands pinpointed your exact high school via pixel mesh and your first thought is to get closer rather than farther from this impossible instance? Crazy. For all one knows, that guy could be a stalker who knows exactly who you are, trying to feel you out so he can get closer. The sane thing to do would've been to slap him on ignore, log out, delete the character, quit game, disconnect from internet, do a virus scan and reset Ip. :rolleyes:

This.

I qued up as I normally do. About half way through the flashpoint, One of the players told me my toon looks exactly like one of the girls in his school. He said it was so close that it was scary. So he asked me if I go to Sherwood High School. I was in huge shock when he mentioned the name. I didn't know how to respond at first. Now granted I am a guy in real life and graduated from that school 4 years ago, but its still really weird He goes to the same school I did. I mean the odds of this happening has got to be astronomical. This experience is so shocking and weird that I don't know what to think of it. What do you think about this incident?

Has anyone else had an experience similar to this that they would like to share?

You have a sister that went there? Maybe you subconsciously made your char to look like her, if in fact you do have a sister.

The paranoia is strong with this one.

As the saying goes, "The world is a village" Chances that you meet somebody on the internet who went to the same school or live next door to you, are small but it can happen. Nothing crazy about that.

Edited by papragu

Possibilities:

- pure random chance. The laws of probability would suggest it should happen sometime.

- you unconsciously made your character look like an old schoolmate, and the other guy happened to notice, by random chance.

- the other guy actually knows who you are and was just pranking you.

You decide. :)

Possibilities:

- pure random chance. The laws of probability would suggest it should happen sometime.

- you unconsciously made your character look like an old schoolmate, and the other guy happened to notice, by random chance.

- the other guy actually knows who you are and was just pranking you.

You decide. :)

I'm placing my money number 2

I once met a Smuggler character which was looking almost 100 % like the Smuggler character I had myself at that time, all clothing, skin colour ( Twi'lek ) yes, even the colouring module from the security token vendor ! Seriously ! Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.