I don't understand why some people think sub rewards are free.

ArkhaanPremiare

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It takes two.

Every player who buys a Whatever Pack expecting to get their Awesome New Hawtness gear or decoration by opening a pack or two, and then keeps doing even after reality bites them over and over, is just as much to blame as anyone at Bioware.

Anyone who spends an entire paycheck on Hypercrates and then comes here to rage about how they were "ripped off" because they didn't get what they wanted from RNG Claus gets no sympathy from me.

I'd just like to clarify that I've never purchased a gambling pack. I'd never pay for their Red Lobster.

Why you should be able to, and why you'd want to, are pretty much two separate discussions.

"Why I'd want to" started after someone asked why everyone wants to kill their companions. The original intent of the topic was to express that I felt Jorgan deserved to be punished and we should be able to do so.

I

Anyone who spends an entire paycheck on Hypercrates and then comes here to rage about how they were "ripped off" because they didn't get what they wanted from RNG Claus gets no sympathy from me.

But but but... i was a good boi Santa :( all i ever wanted was a full sith recluse armor set and full tulok horde armor set in 1 pack, is that too much to ask?? :D

■■ Okay first of all, EVERYBODY wants to punish Jorgan/Kaliyo.

Nope. One playthrough I sent Jorgan, the poodoo hit the fan, Kaliyo stepped up, I told her to save Havoks bacon if she could.

Other playthrough I sent in Kaliyo, poodoo hit the fan, Jorgan stepped up, told him to get it done.

Maybe Im too pragmatic but if the poodoo hits the fan, and soneones willing brave said poodoo to get the job done, hey thanks for volunteering, good luck!

■■ The HK items aren't free in the sense that I get something for nothing, so I have reason to complain. That was hidden, but it really doesn't matter. I already admitted that the rewards are included with no extra cost.

I pay $15 a month for access to the game, no restrictions and the "complinentary coins", anything else is just extra freebies, so yeah, they are free to me.

■■ They are rip off artists.

Guess that makes the lottery rip off artists too, but people still buy scratch off tickets and powerball stubs in droves, so fools and their money yes, ripnoff artists, not really, they arent saying "Buy this pack and you'll get X item" they say "Buy this pack and you have a chance to get this item" if you go in expecting to get X item from the pack, I refer you back to fools and their money..

■■ There has only been one good HK item. The rest is crap, I mean HK coloured protocol droids, really? What kind of reward is that? You cannot legitimately tell me you don't feel cheated by that.

I dont feel cheated, might not be something I want, but its something they sent me anyway. Again, Im paying the sub regardless.

My responses in magenta. :p

Edited by XiamaraSimi

As a side note, I don't really care for the HK-themed rewards, other than the jet pack. The helmet and weapons have been underwhelming, to be kind -- they don't really represent any added value in return for my subscription payment.

I am not, however, in any way salty about this -- those items have very little to do with why I subscribe when I do.

"Chance" is nowhere to be found. It just says it pulls a certain number of items from armor, mounts, etc. When I saw that, I assumed you were sure to get one of the new items. Only once I opened one did I realise it was BS.

Ah, so you made a mistake but it's 'thier' fault.

Uh huh.

This also contradicts your claim of never buying them that I think I read.

So, basically you are against gambling, yet you still give money to company that is a 'rip off artist' and sells what you perceive as gambling.

Cognitive dissonance ring any bells?

How about just plain old hypocritical?

Cost of having a subscription = baseline price

Additional cost of sub rewards = $0

$0 = no differential in cost, no differential in cost can and will be called "free" for shorthand

To say it is free is not 100% technically correct. To say it isn't free is pedantic and confrontational.

We done here?

Edited by azudelphi

Ah, so you made a mistake but it's 'thier' fault.

Uh huh.

This also contradicts your claim of never buying them that I think I read.

So, basically you are against gambling, yet you still give money to company that is a 'rip off artist' and sells what you perceive as gambling.

Cognitive dissonance ring any bells?

How about just plain old hypocritical?

I also said I'd never give them money for it and I didn't. I never spent real money on one, I bought one off the GTN. Loopholes. And it's their fault because they worded it like that on purpose.

I'd just like to clarify that I've never purchased a gambling pack. I'd never pay for their Red Lobster.

"Chance" is nowhere to be found. It just says it pulls a certain number of items from armor, mounts, etc. When I saw that, I assumed you were sure to get one of the new items. Only once I opened one did I realise it was BS.

...?

The very title "Chance Cube" was no indication either? Perhaps rather than blaming BW/resellers, you ought to do your homework and research before you cry about being ripped off. Familiarize yourself with the product you're purchasing.

...?

The very title "Chance Cube" was no indication either? Perhaps rather than blaming BW/resellers, you ought to do your homework and research before you cry about being ripped off. Familiarize yourself with the product you're purchasing.

The chance cube comes in addition to other items in the pack, there's nothing in the pack's description that directly states that the pack itself pulls items from every pack prior.

I also said I'd never give them money for it and I didn't. I never spent real money on one, I bought one off the GTN. Loopholes. And it's their fault because they worded it like that on purpose.

I see we will have to agree to disagree.

There is no fault, because their is no problem, other than your attitude toward EA.

I will never, ever, understand someone that gives money to a company they think are 'rip off artists' for entertainment, other than to assume thier brain chemistry traps them into doing so; I don't give my entertainment dollars to companies I dislike.

Pretty simple. No need for forum drama, just leave. I have done so many times. Not all games or game companies are compatible with all people. Welcome to reality.

The chance cube comes in addition to other items in the pack, there's nothing in the pack's description that directly states that the pack itself pulls items from every pack prior.

It helps if you actually read the things Bioware posts...

Hey folks,

Now you are asking, what is the Grand Chance Cube? Think of it as the ultimate Grand Pack. Inside a Grand Chance Cube you have a chance to receive any available Cartel Market Pack item, including from the current Pack. Also, the Grand Chance Cube acts as a Grand Pack in that if you open an Armor Lootbox, it will contain the entire armor set, not just a few pieces.

This change allows us to place more emphasis on the Silver and Gold items in each pack, as we are no longer building new Bronze items. Now, in place of Bronze items you will receive a Grand Chance Cube. This Cube can contain the rarest of Cartel Market selections, giving you a second chance at highly-desired items.

-eric

I see we will have to agree to disagree.

There is no fault, because their is no problem, other than your attitude toward EA.

I will never, ever, understand someone that gives money to a company they think are 'rip off artists' for entertainment, other than to assume thier brain chemistry traps them into doing so; I don't give my entertainment dollars to companies I dislike.

Pretty simple. No need for forum drama, just leave. I have done so many times. Not all games or game companies are compatible with all people. Welcome to reality.

Trust me, if Battlefront wasn't such a major disappointment, there's no way in hell I'd be here. Soon as they finally drop Knights of the Old Republic 3 or Knights of the NEW Republic(300 years after Rey, patent pending), I'm gone and I'm never looking back. I hate MMOs with a passion and their developers never cease to piss me off with their greed somehow everytime I get into one.

No because the kids meal is not a part of the adult meal, it's a separate product.

But it's a product offered in the restaurant. You have to pay for the adult meal to get it.

As to the "Grand Chance Cube", did you not read its tooltip?

Use: Test your luck against the Grand Chance Cube to win an item selected from the sweep of all Cartel Market releases! Contains one item drawn from Armor, Mounts, Decorations, Color Crystals, Emotes, Pets, Titles, Toys, Weapons, and Companion Customizations.

Contains one item selected from the Cartel Market.

http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd485/beattlebilly/Screenshot_2016-04-15_14_19_32_549699.jpg

Edited by beattlebilly

Yes that's what the grand chance cube does and they tell you that, but the pack itself still pulls items and it pulls from every pack there's ever been. They don't make that clear in the pack's description.

Use: Test your luck against the Grand Chance Cube to win an item selected from the sweep of all Cartel Market releases! Contains one item drawn from Armor, Mounts, Decorations, Color Crystals, Emotes, Pets, Titles, Toys, Weapons, and Companion Customizations.

Contains one item selected from the Cartel Market.

Nope, doesn't say it anywhere

Edited by CrazyCT

Yes that's what the grand chance cube does and they tell you that, but the pack itself still pulls items and it pulls from every pack there's ever been. They don't make that clear in the pack's description.

Huh? I opened 4 hypercrates and it dropped items from that pack, and cubes. Only the cubes themselves dropped old items.

Not one item that came from the crate that wasnt from a cube was "old".

So no, the packs arent giving you old items, just the cubes.

For clarification, they also said Chance Cubes would be included in packs from 4.1 forward.

Edited by XiamaraSimi

Trust me, if Battlefront wasn't such a major disappointment, there's no way in hell I'd be here. Soon as they finally drop Knights of the Old Republic 3 or Knights of the NEW Republic(300 years after Rey, patent pending), I'm gone and I'm never looking back. I hate MMOs with a passion and their developers never cease to piss me off with their greed somehow everytime I get into one.

So, your brain chemistry addicts you to Star Wars games.

Since you think is the only available option, you feel like you have been kidnapped and you are taking that frustration out on the rest of us.

And, of course, this is all somehow not your fault.

Thanks so much...

Edited by jubakumbi