sage or shadow for lore

lizzil

In my opinion the sage fits better because I feel that the Jedi Consular is played out as a diplomat and a peacemaker while the shadow is more of an infiltrator. The sage battles the dark side by bringing an end to conflict peacefully while a shadow fights the dark side with some of its own methods.

While I think a sage fits a little better we can't rule out that Satele Shan is a consular and as such she uses a double-blade which is normally reserved for the shadow.

In addition, we would need to remember her ancestor, Bastila Shan was also a consular who have a very unique ability, battle mediation. Again Bastila used a double-blade therefore being a shadow as well.

So I could see an argument stating that a shadow could fit the lore as well.

You could also read this to help you decide as well

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi_Consular

Edited by casirabit

In my opinion the sage fits better because I feel that the Jedi Consular is played out as a diplomat and a peacemaker while the shadow is more of an infiltrator. The sage battles the dark side by bringing an end to conflict peacefully while a shadow fights the dark side with some of its own methods.

Misimpressions of the name notwithstanding, Shadows don't dabble in the dark side to fight it. But I agree, Sage is a natural fit for the storyline. You never really get the vibe of being a Shadow in the story. Your only angle would be to play up their extreme focus on eradicating the dark side and be a hardliner against the Sith/Empire. Which is hardly the most unique theme of being a Shadow.

Edited by Senrie

Sage for Chapter 1, Shadow works great for Chapter 2 and 3.

Chapter 1 is all about finding and healing. Chapter 2 and 3, puts you in a leadership position and basically trying to fight ones way through problems to appease the Alliance, so either class works for it.

Shadow can work for Chapter 1, but just not as well as Sage.

In addition, we would need to remember her ancestor, Bastila Shan was also a consular who have a very unique ability, battle mediation. Again Bastila used a double-blade therefore being a shadow as well.

Its been a wile since I played kotor but isn't Bastila a sentinel? or at least what kotor considered a sentinel before swtor made it an advanced class.

you had 3 force companions in kotor and Jolee was the consular based one and Juhani was the guardian based one Bastila was a sentinel.

Sage for Chapter 1, Shadow works great for Chapter 2 and 3.

Chapter 1 is all about finding and healing. Chapter 2 and 3, puts you in a leadership position and basically trying to fight ones way through problems to appease the Alliance, so either class works for it.

Shadow can work for Chapter 1, but just not as well as Sage.

without giving away any spoilers can you give me the general idea of what you do in chapters 2 and 3? A bit more specific than what you already said :p Id really appreciate it, cause that would help me further with my decision.

I'm not role playing or anything but it's very difficult for me to get into the character if I feel like it's not suited for their story. For instance I had to reroll my IA from a sniper to an operative because it just felt like it made way more sense given the missions and everything to be an operative.

Edited by lizzil
adding more

without giving away any spoilers can you give me the general idea of what you do in chapters 2 and 3? A bit more specific than what you already said :p Id really appreciate it, cause that would help me further with my decision.

I'm not role playing or anything but it's very difficult for me to get into the character if I feel like it's not suited for their story. For instance I had to reroll my IA from a sniper to an operative because it just felt like it made way more sense given the missions and everything to be an operative.

Go about as the diplomat/ambassador of the Republic to this Rift Alliance. You're job is basically prove to them the Republic won't abandon them, by doing errands for them, all of which is usually combat oriented.

Also go about building an army, which requires a bit of tomb raiding in a sense, which I think is perfect for Shadow.

thanks for the reply! That does help. I think I'll probably stick with my shadow. I do always feel as though more lightsaber oriented characters fit the lightside better anyway.

My main is a sorcerer so Id prefer not to level up a sage. Thank you again for the help:)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.